or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 229

post #3421 of 8295

Yep, right out of the gate that review is wrong. I was able to use my own files on an micro SD card to audition the Roxannes on the ak120 at CanJam, no need for iriver software...

post #3422 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post

My clear cable still good.

I take back my word. Just saw a crack line on my old set.
post #3423 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

@Jedaite: I used to have an AK120 and I was not a fan, but most of this review is bullcrap. The AK120 is highly usable if anything. Most of what he explains is either false or can be easily avoided.

Now which DAP to pair with Roxanne? Depends what you want, and I do not have the Roxanne yet, so it depends how it sounds. If it is slightly on the warm side, ZX1 is utterly awesome: beautiful, portable, crazy SQ and unbeatable UI. If you like your iems to be driven with morw power and authority get a 901. If you want a great compromise at a great price get the X5.

by ur last sentence regarding the X5, 

 

did u mean , " if u Don't WANT to compromise greatly." ?

 

cause i heard that the x5's SQ is 90% of that of HM901 


Edited by liyzag1 - 2/3/14 at 12:53am
post #3424 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post



I take back my word. Just saw a crack line on my old set.

 



That would be the pipe wrench.
post #3425 of 8295

I have just order the ak240...:veryevil: I should recieve it in 3 weeks time..hopeful my roxanne will be ready by then.

I will provide you guys my subject view on how they sound together. 

 

Now i need to find someone who will make a nice balance cable to bond the 2 then i am set.. 

post #3426 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post

by ur last sentence regarding the X5, 

did u mean , " if u Don't WANT to compromise greatly." ?

cause i heard that the x5's SQ is 90% of that of HM901 
Yep that is what I mean. And that 90% quote is from me so take it with a pinch of salt, I did not have much time with both yet.
post #3427 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by eso6686 View Post
 

I have just order the ak240...:veryevil: I should recieve it in 3 weeks time..hopeful my roxanne will be ready by then.

I will provide you guys my subject view on how they sound together. 

 

Now i need to find someone who will make a nice balance cable to bond the 2 then i am set.. 

Double Helix posted these updates on their Facebook page yesterday :D

 

 

 

 

 

Heres the link

post #3428 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Yep that is what I mean. And that 90% quote is from me so take it with a pinch of salt, I did not have much time with both yet.

lolol, i remember reading it, what a coincidence  that it was from you only 

post #3429 of 8295

Hey, first time here- been following this forum for months so I figured I owed it to you guys to post a review.  I ordered black friday- had my Roxanne since the second week of January.  

 

I've owned good headphones throughout the years (PSB M4u2, Shure SE535)  But never a custom in-ear.  

 

These things are ridiculous, in a good way.  They really expose flaws in recordings, I can easily tell the difference between spotify 320 bit streaming and cd quality apple lossless.  Tight, multi-leveled bass.  In particular I've noticed different sounds to drums that I've never heard before, the kick drum smacks in the center of my head, so tight, so clear.  Mids and highs sparkle, absolutely no sibilance on the same tracks that I heard sibilance on with my SE535's.  

 

I've got them set to the 4 o'clock setting, I love bass, and it doesn't muddy the other frequencies at all.  No fake bass either like you hear with cheaper headphones.  If the song bass bass, it will thump in your head.  If not, you won't hear a thing.  

 

Detail retrieval is the biggest difference I'm able to hear, I routinely hear individual people in the crowd singing off tune in live recordings, can almost feel the breath of the singer on my skin.  

 

Also, if you haven't had a custom before, the seal these provide is ridiculously spectacular.  I've used them mostly on loud buses and planes, and straight out of my galaxy s4 I can hear every pluck of the guitar, every ounce of warmth in the lows.   Its like having a personal concert in your head, but better, because the clarity is better than anything you could hear in a big booming venue.  

 

So in summary, they are worth the wait.  Switch to acrylic if you can, my clear ones with orange and green flying girl look spectacular, and its so sexy to be able to see all the drivers inside.  


Hope this helps!  

post #3430 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleabe13 View Post
 

Hey, first time here- been following this forum for months so I figured I owed it to you guys to post a review.  I ordered black friday- had my Roxanne since the second week of January.  

 

I've owned good headphones throughout the years (PSB M4u2, Shure SE535)  But never a custom in-ear.  

 

These things are ridiculous, in a good way.  They really expose flaws in recordings, I can easily tell the difference between spotify 320 bit streaming and cd quality apple lossless.  Tight, multi-leveled bass.  In particular I've noticed different sounds to drums that I've never heard before, the kick drum smacks in the center of my head, so tight, so clear.  Mids and highs sparkle, absolutely no sibilance on the same tracks that I heard sibilance on with my SE535's.  

 

I've got them set to the 4 o'clock setting, I love bass, and it doesn't muddy the other frequencies at all.  No fake bass either like you hear with cheaper headphones.  If the song bass bass, it will thump in your head.  If not, you won't hear a thing.  

 

Detail retrieval is the biggest difference I'm able to hear, I routinely hear individual people in the crowd singing off tune in live recordings, can almost feel the breath of the singer on my skin.  

 

Also, if you haven't had a custom before, the seal these provide is ridiculously spectacular.  I've used them mostly on loud buses and planes, and straight out of my galaxy s4 I can hear every pluck of the guitar, every ounce of warmth in the lows.   Its like having a personal concert in your head, but better, because the clarity is better than anything you could hear in a big booming venue.  

 

So in summary, they are worth the wait.  Switch to acrylic if you can, my clear ones with orange and green flying girl look spectacular, and its so sexy to be able to see all the drivers inside.  


Hope this helps!  

 

Agree with the above comment. 

post #3431 of 8295
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleabe13 View Post
 

Hey, first time here- been following this forum for months so I figured I owed it to you guys to post a review.  I ordered black friday- had my Roxanne since the second week of January.  

 

I've owned good headphones throughout the years (PSB M4u2, Shure SE535)  But never a custom in-ear.  

 

These things are ridiculous, in a good way.  They really expose flaws in recordings, I can easily tell the difference between spotify 320 bit streaming and cd quality apple lossless.  Tight, multi-leveled bass.  In particular I've noticed different sounds to drums that I've never heard before, the kick drum smacks in the center of my head, so tight, so clear.  Mids and highs sparkle, absolutely no sibilance on the same tracks that I heard sibilance on with my SE535's.  

 

I've got them set to the 4 o'clock setting, I love bass, and it doesn't muddy the other frequencies at all.  No fake bass either like you hear with cheaper headphones.  If the song bass bass, it will thump in your head.  If not, you won't hear a thing.  

 

Detail retrieval is the biggest difference I'm able to hear, I routinely hear individual people in the crowd singing off tune in live recordings, can almost feel the breath of the singer on my skin.  

 

Also, if you haven't had a custom before, the seal these provide is ridiculously spectacular.  I've used them mostly on loud buses and planes, and straight out of my galaxy s4 I can hear every pluck of the guitar, every ounce of warmth in the lows.   Its like having a personal concert in your head, but better, because the clarity is better than anything you could hear in a big booming venue.  

 

So in summary, they are worth the wait.  Switch to acrylic if you can, my clear ones with orange and green flying girl look spectacular, and its so sexy to be able to see all the drivers inside.  


Hope this helps!  

 

 

+2, especially the bold part. Except for the 4pm setting, I think they sound awful like that. But meh, personal taste.

post #3432 of 8295
Thanks kaleabe13. That is the perfect review in my book, thanks for sharing.Pictures would be cool.
You've had them for ~ 3 weeks now and no cable issues, correct? I'm curious to cable color and length, maybe those peeps with issues all had the same specific one.
post #3433 of 8295
This is for all the guys waiting for after market cables
Find the video and at it. It's funny.
Do not partake in the discussion in the forum it has nothing to do with the video

http://www.pstracks.com/pauls-posts/but-does-it-sound-like-music/13172/#comment-8903

Al
post #3434 of 8295

Good to hear those impressions. I like a completely honest IEM as apposed to one that hides flaws. I agree about being able to see the drivers vs CF. That's what I chose. 

post #3435 of 8295
Emailed Angie askingn for a spare cable and guess what !!!
 
"Please place the order online and write in the order comments please ship with Roxanne order.
The Roxanne cables were just added to the website today.
 
 
I'm sorry your order is CF order which is a bit delayed I'm not sure when it will be shipping go ahead and place the order for your extra cable."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"