or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 219

post #3271 of 8278
Here is a good idea. I have a v moda
VERA. It works with a iPhone CPU and the droid.
It works great. I am selling it if you wish.
It sounds great but I prefer a dap for me
Al.
post #3272 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Food for thought , paying more for something does not mean better equipment. So you must listen for yourself. As peoples options matter but not more than yours.

Sound for me is paramount. Every thing else I secondary. I am using a hibino hdpr10. It's a brick and has a slow GUI. But I like the sound. Now given these new products may sound better. But before I spend up 3k again I want to here it myself. So patience is important before you buy.

Al

Absolutely fantastic advice and I will follow it to the letter. My problem is, I'm so new to "quality" sound that I don't know where to start looking. I was blown away by Mr Harvey's AK120. I thought I had reached Nirvana. Then I read here some mixed reviews. So, long story short, I'm trying to formulate my list of things to find and trial. Some things appear exotic and will be difficult to get my hands on. Hugo only one US retailer in Buffalo, NY? I assume sony will eventually release the zx1 in the US.

In addition, at this moment I do not have any Hi Res music. Everything (about 10,000 songs) is ripped from CD or purchased on iTunes. Haven't even done the iTunes upgrade with "Match".
post #3273 of 8278
When you rip what format do you use.

Flac with no compression is a good one to use.
Also DBPOWER is a good conversion tool.
Now downloading from iTunes is ok but you must pick the best
Format available
They use there own lossless files.
As for the money it spend an ak120 is a really good dap and you can get one used
Now.
Al
post #3274 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

When you rip what format do you use.

Flac with no compression is a good one to use.
Also DBPOWER is a good conversion tool.
Now downloading from iTunes is ok but you must pick the best
Format available
They use there own lossless files.
As for the money it spend an ak120 is a really good dap and you can get one used
Now.
Al
B
Ok, I'm going to show you just how ignorant I am. I don't know. It's been so long since I bought a CD and ripped anything, I don't remember. Off the top of my head, I think I always chose best quality but I wouldn't bet against it.

I'm on my iPad and I can't seem to find the download specs for each song.

A few years ago I upgraded all my existing iTunes music to their AAC format. Honestly that's the most I can say about the quality of my music. I know, I've got a lot to learn frown.gif

How do I figure out if I need to start over with ripping my library?
Edited by jlcichocki - 1/30/14 at 9:25am
post #3275 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by eso6686 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 

I am so happy with all the people changing their CF to acrylic:

 

  • It means my CF will come sooner

  • It means my CF Roxanne will be very rare


  •  
 

Please, all the people who ordered before me, cancel your CF order !

 




LOL..i bought it for 2 reason, 1: 12 drivers 2: for the CF.

All else not inportant..lol

What about SQ? :rolleyes:

 

Aha, I kid :D

post #3276 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcichocki View Post


B
Ok, I'm going to show you just how ignorant I am. I don't know. It's been so long since I bought a CD and ripped anything, I don't remember. Off the top of my head, I think I always chose best quality but I wouldn't bet against it.

I'm on my iPad and I can't seem to find the download specs for each song.

A few years ago I upgraded all my existing iTunes music to their AAC format. Honestly that's the most I can say about the quality of my music. I know, I've got a lot to learn frown.gif

How do I figure out if I need to start over with ripping my library?

 

If you right click on a song in iTunes and select "Get Info", you should see the quality of the file. 

 

A faster and much more organized way is to create a new "Smart Playlist" by going to Playlists and clicking the + at the bottom left and selecting "Smart Playlist". Then you can change the setting on the playlist by right clicking it and selecting edit  smart playlist. Then select "Match the following rule". In the first scroll down menu select Bit Rate, then you enter the bit rate of the songs you want in the playlist e.g. 320. You can change the center option to "greater than" so you get lossless files or "less than" to weed out the songs that you may want to replace with higher quality ones.  Hope this helps!

post #3277 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottotron View Post

If you right click on a song in iTunes and select "Get Info", you should see the quality of the file. 

A faster and much more organized way is to create a new "Smart Playlist" by going to Playlists and clicking the + at the bottom left and selecting "Smart Playlist". Then you can change the setting on the playlist by right clicking it and selecting edit  smart playlist. Then select "Match the following rule". In the first scroll down menu select Bit Rate, then you enter the bit rate of the songs you want in the playlist e.g. 320. You can change the center option to "greater than" so you get lossless files or "less than" to weed out the songs that you may want to replace with higher quality ones.  Hope this helps!

Roxanne and I send a million thanks!!!! I think even I can handle that.
post #3278 of 8278
Rigs I'm going to pair with my CF Roxanne?

1 iPhone 5S for ultra portability.

2 iMod with 240Gb straight to a Just Audio AHA-120 for class A bliss. I find the DAP of the iPod Video to not be limiting.

3 iRiver 140 fed optically to a Sonosax SX-DA2 DAC/Amp.

JHA13(non FP) prefer the iMod and AHA-120. I'll try the above and a Pico Slim in the mix when the Rox arrive.
post #3279 of 8278

I got the CF Roxanne!!!  I won't u/l the pictures right now, however, I will just take pictures of the Roxanne.

So far no flaws in case or the Roxanne.  I need to start drive into the Roxanne.  I'll let you know the sound.

 

Thanks:popcorn:

post #3280 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmahler2u View Post
 

I got the CF Roxanne!!!  I won't u/l the pictures right now, however, I will just take pictures of the Roxanne.

So far no flaws in case or the Roxanne.  I need to start drive into the Roxanne.  I'll let you know the sound.

 

Thanks:popcorn:

 

 

Don't forget to update your avatar! :wink:

post #3281 of 8278
Aw man! Don't withhold the pics! I've been busting to see a set of cf customs!
post #3282 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBakedPotato View Post

Aw man! Don't withhold the pics! I've been busting to see a set of cf customs!

There have been some already, check the picture library of this thread.
But indeed, show us the goods!! smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by JonathanCandel - 1/30/14 at 3:13pm
post #3283 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCandel View Post

There have been some already, check the picture library of this thread.
But indeed, show us the goods!! smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry. I meant a faultless set. As in case free from flaws, ciems with no fingerprints etc :-p
post #3284 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBakedPotato View Post

Aw man! Don't withhold the pics! I've been busting to see a set of cf customs!

I'll upload it, when I find the battery charger for my camera!! 

post #3285 of 8278
Thanks! I really appreciate it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"