or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 211

post #3151 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by delancyst View Post


Maybe it could be the lighting in the room that he perceived as being a yellowish white?

 

Yes - light makes things appear to have colours. That's the way the world works.

post #3152 of 8305

Apologies if this was covered, still trying to get through all the pages of this thread.

 

I wasn't sure how the the bass control would increase the bass signal above what's going into the cable through the mini plug.  I can see that Tocos trimpot there varying the resistance as a normal volume controller type application.  This would let you reduce the bass, with the IEM tuned for extreme bass is the absence of the bass controller.  Perhaps I'm missing something here.  Also, does anyone know if the bass controller has any influence on the signal going into the high-range input on the IEM, or do the wires for treble just pass through directly?

post #3153 of 8305

Also, for you poor bastards with broken cables, does the Roxanne work OK without the nut?  Does the cable have enough retaining force to stay gripped in the socket?

post #3154 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post
 

Apologies if this was covered, still trying to get through all the pages of this thread.

 

I wasn't sure how the the bass control would increase the bass signal above what's going into the cable through the mini plug.  I can see that Tocos trimpot there varying the resistance as a normal volume controller type application.  This would let you reduce the bass, with the IEM tuned for extreme bass is the absence of the bass controller.  Perhaps I'm missing something here.  Also, does anyone know if the bass controller has any influence on the signal going into the high-range input on the IEM, or do the wires for treble just pass through directly?


From what I can tell (and this is the only thing that would make sense to me), the bass control is just a potentiometer in series with the bass driver. It shouldn't affect the signal to the other drivers, and contrary to what some people have said, it can only attenuate the bass, not increase it; the bass drivers are simply tuned to give +15dB unattenuated. There's no reason why you couldn't deliver even less bass than the stock minimum with a custom cable, but delivering more would not be possible without additional electronics upstream for boosting the signal.


Edited by Jimlad - 1/26/14 at 4:39am
post #3155 of 8305

Well stated!  The part could be swapped for a Tocos 200 ohm easily if you wanted more bass attenuation.  By easily, I mean with lots of carving into plastic.  

post #3156 of 8305
Can't wait to see the custom Roxanne cable:)
post #3157 of 8305
UPDATE about orders that have shipped. Per Corbyn on 1/21/14, the number of Roxanne's that had been completed were in the 20-30 range. I'm sitting at 105 and I ordered on BF.

It is anyone's guess as to that actual ship date from here.
post #3158 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcichocki View Post
 

That's a very good question.  One that we all want answered.  I would guess, some things/answers will shake out this week or next when the new CF ovens get up and running.  Nobody even has an estimate on the total number of orders that are backlogged (could be several hundred).  By the posts on this site, there maybe only about 6-10 delivered Roxanne's in total.

 

I don't want to scare you off, because Roxanne is awesome and worth the wait.  But it may be a while.

Would not scare me off but It does stop me from putting in an order down until they rectify the issues that should never off occurred in the first place to general release and have cleared the back log so I know it is back to their normal turnaround times, so could be months by the looks of it.  

 

If this is a step up from the JH16's then it will be worth the wait and if it is a few months so be it, but I am just disappointed to come back to a JHA thread (first time since 16pro thread days) with the company still not organised with the way they develop their products before release, they sure do like to give themselves headaches.  Jerry has to look at his business procedures to avoid this occurring with future model releases which I am sure he must be doing once he sorts out these issues as one of the best ciem company's around or not, it cannot keep happening with every model that get's released as that's a slow recipe to cook your reputation as a company and affect sales if this has not already which would be a shame as they have a good branding to their company that compliments their actual delivery of sound quality in a product otherwise.  

 

Await patiently like everyone else and hope those who already have been waiting for ages with money down get's theirs soon.

post #3159 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post

Can't wait to see the custom Roxanne cable:)

Who is doing the custom Roxanne cable then?

post #3160 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlholden View Post

UPDATE about orders that have shipped. Per Corbyn on 1/21/14, the number of Roxanne's that had been completed were in the 20-30 range. I'm sitting at 105 and I ordered on BF.

It is anyone's guess as to that actual ship date from here.

Are those CF orders only? In any case the progress is even slower than I expected..

post #3161 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlholden View Post

UPDATE about orders that have shipped. Per Corbyn on 1/21/14, the number of Roxanne's that had been completed were in the 20-30 range. I'm sitting at 105 and I ordered on BF.

It is anyone's guess as to that actual ship date from here.

no not yet, because i ordered the CF.  It'll take more time, so Still waiitng...

post #3162 of 8305

I have good feeling about next shipping CF Roxanne!!! 

 

:biggrin:  

 

They should have new CF oven...

post #3163 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by delancyst View Post

Hmm, correct me if im wrong but fit issues usually affect frequency response rather than soundstage.
It seems more like the effect from the change of driver placements?

Yeah, that's the key affection.
post #3164 of 8305
With all these problems with the customs, I think its going to take even longer for the universals to be shipped.
post #3165 of 8305
Quote:
Originally Posted by delancyst View Post

Hmm, correct me if im wrong but fit issues usually affect frequency response rather than soundstage.
It seems more like the effect from the change of driver placements?

If the sound changes, it usually means that bore placement is the issue so everything is affected.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"