Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 3

post #31 of 6927
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

12 drivers is old news.. But 12 drivers in a two way crossover design.. interesting!

 

Just a clarification: I believe it's a three-way design, which means two crossover points. That is, four bass drivers crossed over to four mid drivers crossed over to four high frequency drivers.

post #32 of 6927
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

Acrylic doesn't cause allergic reactions. I was wondering how carbon fiber reacts to the body...

 

Likely no issue as your dealing with a relatively inert resin and not the carbon fiber itself.

post #33 of 6927
So basically the first quad is tied to the second quad and so is the third quad? Doesn't make much sense.... So it's 4 full range drivers, 4 bass and 4 treble?
post #34 of 6927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

Just a clarification: I believe it's a three-way design, which means two crossover points. That is, four bass drivers crossed over to four mid drivers crossed over to four high frequency drivers.

Oh I get it now
post #35 of 6927
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post
....I'm happy with the jh13 too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post
 

I'm a recent JH13 FP buyer.. and if I wasn't so damn impressed with the JH13, I probably would be a little disgruntled... but, I'm not.  The JH13 FP is amazing.  Period.

 

 

One of our members told me he finds the JH13 FP to have very strange bass tuning. I take it neither of you hear any such issues with your pairs? (I had issues with the SE-5, which so many other Head-fiers find to be amazing, so it's not unusual to hear substantially different customer impressions of a CIEM)

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha421 View Post
 

 

Congrats to JH Audio for pushing the envelope with yet another first, 12 drivers on each side.


 Agreed! :L3000:

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

12 per side seems quite ridiculous. I remember when the jh13 came out and 6 was ridiculous.

 

3 quads does pose a potential phase-coherency challenge, and could be construed as a marketing gimmick, but, on the plus-side, that amount of functional redundancy bodes very well for transient performance - in fact, these might turn out to be a game-changer in terms of reproduction of transients, so I'm seriously looking forward to some reviews of this CIEM.

 

I'd be more fearful of phase incoherency if there were more crossover points (like the SE-5's 4 points) and if Jerry hadn't already shown himself, over the past year, to be very specifically addressing this thorny issue of phase-coherence.

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post
 

 

Three quadruple drivers (four in each unit) , gives two crossovers between quadruple driver 1 and 2 and between the 2nd and 3 driver.

 

Yes, Jude mentioned 2 crossover points, which, as you described, is actually a 3-way crossover.

 

 

 

 

I hope Jerry's managed to wire this design in such a way that the impedance curve isn't too manically-reactive!

post #36 of 6927

they look stunning...not sure if that many drivers is really meaningful though

post #37 of 6927
I'd be interested to know what drivers they're using.. Hopefully not TWFKs anymore because they're prone to treble spikes and that's really the biggest weakness I find in the better IEMs IMO
post #38 of 6927

Hmm, now just have to find out, if it would be upgrade compared to my JH-3A.

post #39 of 6927

here is my meaningless contribution to this thread...

post #40 of 6927

Eh.

post #41 of 6927

Your intensely, profusely, apathetic diatribe befuddles.


Edited by TwinQY - 10/5/13 at 1:16am
post #42 of 6927
 
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

I'd be interested to know what drivers they're using.. Hopefully not TWFKs anymore because they're prone to treble spikes and that's really the biggest weakness I find in the better IEMs IMO

 

JH Audio has custom spec'd/designed drivers for their JH13/16 FP.. so I think it's fair to assume the Roxanne's drivers won't be of the "off the shelf" variety.  I'd venture to guess that the Roxanne's drivers might be tweaks to what the JH13/16 have.  The JH13 FP certainly seems to have some unique drivers.. I don't hear any of the upper mid & treble characteristics that TWFKs typically exhibit.  One of the overwhelming aspects of the JH13 FP is how tonally accurate it sounds.  I find myself (continually) forgetting that there are six balanced armatures shoved in each shell: it sounds impressively cohesive and the realistic decay and texturing is more reminiscent of a well designed, single dynamic driver than a (multiple-crossover) BA design.

post #43 of 6927
 

Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

One of our members told me he finds the JH13 FP to have very strange bass tuning. I take it neither of you hear any such issues with your pairs? (I had issues with the SE-5, which so many other Head-fiers find to be amazing, so it's not unusual to hear substantially different customer impressions of a CIEM)

 

I don't hear any 'strange tuning' in my JH13 FP's bass.  I've used my HD800, T50RP Paradox, and HD600 for comparative reference (awaiting delivery of the UERM, though).  The JH13 does seem to have a gently elevated sub bass and (lat, wide band) midbass (lift) lift.. I  find the JH13's tuning to generally follow the Olive-Welti reference curve.

post #44 of 6927
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

 

I don't hear any 'strange tuning' in my JH13 FP's bass.  I've used my HD800, T50RP Paradox, and HD600 for comparative reference (awaiting delivery of the UERM, though).  The JH13 does seem to have a gently elevated sub bass and (lat, wide band) midbass (lift) lift.. I  find the JH13's tuning to generally follow the Olive-Welti reference curve.

Agreed. While the bass levels are slightly elevated, I'm finding it pretty linear from upper bass on down to sub bass.
Edited by shotgunshane - 10/5/13 at 6:21am
post #45 of 6927

No comp curve is ever perfect but I basically agree with those findings though like JH, I think a somewhat steeper rise below 100hz is actually more of what we here in free air due to non directional bass cross field addition that continues to get stronger as frequency drops. I don't think the 13 have any extra midbass once fully run in. Overall the low bass has been breathed on without disturbing other aspects of the sound or compromising bass quality.

 

Even with as little as car noise or walking about, it becomes a near perfect compensation amount without getting in the way in quite environments. On an amplified stage it could probably use more compensation (JH16s original purpose in life) and this is where the Siren fits so well besides likely just being better overall. Relative accuracy or personal preference, whatever that preference is, can be maintained across a variety of environments with the same phone to achieve a consistent experience. Something you can use for stage, mixing or personal use equally well and to what is likely a very high standard.


Edited by goodvibes - 10/5/13 at 6:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"