Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 174

post #2596 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

NO, TRRS was not possible because they want to avoid someone inserting by mistake a regular 3 pole 3,5mm jack in the 4 poles slot. Apparently this will damage the unit (short circuit ?)

 

HM901 did it with a simple switch.

post #2597 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

 

HM901 did it with a simple switch.

 

which is not fool proof.

post #2598 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

which is not fool proof.
Sorry for the OT but nothing happens if do not have the switch on the right position...what is the risk?
post #2599 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Sorry for the OT but nothing happens if do not have the switch on the right position...what is the risk?
Yeah I believe nothing will happen too.
post #2600 of 6974
What is the soundstage and imaging like in these, apparently IEM's cannot have a soundstage, is this true?

I am torn between these and the IE800 because of its chamber dampening and 'distortion free base.' I am looking for imaging and soundstage most of all. Thanks in advance.
Edited by Lukalop - 1/11/14 at 9:35am
post #2601 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post

What is the soundstage and imaging like in these, apparently IEM's cannot have a soundstage, is this true?

I am torn between these and the IE800 because of its chamber dampening and 'distortion free base.' I am looking for imaging and soundstage most of all. Thanks in advance.

 

The IE800 IMO is too harsh on highs...

post #2602 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Sorry for the OT but nothing happens if do not have the switch on the right position...what is the risk?

Depending on the topology of the output amp it could be damaging and possibly so on the 901 if left that way for a bit. The bottom two rings (contacts) are now one and act to short 2 of the 4 active gain stages to each other. (bad) 

post #2603 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Depending on the topology of the output amp it could be damaging and possibly so on the 901 if left that way for a bit. The bottom two rings (contacts) are now one and act to short 2 of the 4 active gain stages to each other. (bad) 
Oh ok thanks...will avoid it.
post #2604 of 6974

when will they come, its been so long !!!

post #2605 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by liyzag1 View Post
 

when will they come, its been so long !!!

 

When did you order?

post #2606 of 6974
Hi, I recently purchased these during the Black Friday sale. Has anyone tried the Roxanne at the max bass setting? I read that the max setting is equal to the jh16, but isn't the jh16 bass boost 3-5db?
post #2607 of 6974

bf

post #2608 of 6974

I haven't ordered yet, but I was considering it, so I called JH to see what their lead time was on these. For CF models, they said "we're pretty far behind". For the regular kind, they said "we can do those faster, we're only a few months behind on those". So..... yeah. FYI.

post #2609 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post

I haven't ordered yet, but I was considering it, so I called JH to see what their lead time was on these. For CF models, they said "we're pretty far behind". For the regular kind, they said "we can do those faster, we're only a few months behind on those". So..... yeah. FYI.

Few months :-(((( Damned !!!
post #2610 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
 

I haven't ordered yet, but I was considering it, so I called JH to see what their lead time was on these. For CF models, they said "we're pretty far behind". For the regular kind, they said "we can do those faster, we're only a few months behind on those". So..... yeah. FYI.

 

That explains why they hiked the price of the CF. If the acrylic is a few months behind, the CF must be like what, 6 months behind?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"