Does JH have a head-fi discount code? I thought I remembered a 10% off coupon. If not, do they do regular sales besides black friday?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 10/21/15 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 153
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
specific times. I thought they'd have one over the latest holidays. Maybe they did and I just don't know as I don't keep track or they didn't so they wouldn't create a greater back log.
That also happened with mine! On on both sides :( I thought that it was me not being careful enough ... But the plastic kind of self-destructed itself after just few days ... JHAudio was super nice and is sending me a replacement cable. I hope the new cable does not have similar issues. I will receive the new cable tomorrow (I think) ... Will update once I receive it ... I could try to upload a picture of my Roxanne (looks very similar to yours), but I don't have permission for that yet ...
Edited by perdigao - 1/2/14 at 4:10pm
I can think of a precautionary measure that wouldn't solve this issue, but which might, perhaps, reduce the likelihood of this happening, for all of you who own the Roxanne.
I propose that you buy some black heatshrink (the stuff you buy from electronics suppliers, for sealing solder joints on wires).
8mm diameter should do it (12.5mm flat width)
10mm diameter (15.7mm flat width)
I don't own the Roxanne, so I can't tell precisely how large the nut actually is, so obviously you'll need to check that my size suggestions are appropriate
and shrink 2 rings (i.e. one after another) around the plastic nut. I suggest you make the 1st ring the same (shrunk) length as the plastic nut, and then make the 2nd ring about 2 or 3mm longer, so that it curls over the top of the nut. This will look neater and it will also make the 1st ring more secure.
Provided you take care to do a neat job, it should look barely noticeable.
Jerry (and customers), I feel for you on this one...
Edited by Mython - 1/2/14 at 5:36pm
You would have thought that JH would have ran into this problem during testing.
It looked like a bad batch of plastic ... The plastic was super dry and disintegrated into smaller pieces (instead of give it in to pressure). It was almost like someone left the bag with those pieces on the sun for days :)
Hopefully the new cable will not have that issue. I might do the shrink wrap on the new cable and not even wait to find out if the new will be fixed ...
I would think that plastic nut needs to be made with glass-reinforced plastic, but, seemingly, may have been made with plain cheap plastic. That's not a dig at Jerry - it's a dig at the cable/nut manufacturers possibly cutting corners.
strongly agree...therefore we should order aftermarket cable is strongly advise.
It looks like the plastic cable connector may be a hair smaller in diameter compared to the earpiece connector and puts outward pressure when it is attached. I don't think wrapping it with a shrink tube will prevent the issue. You will just not notice it but it will still break. The shrink will also exert pressure (compression).
I guess this will somehow add delay to pending shipments if they need to redo the cable or replace the connector with a stronger material.
Sure, I think we can all agree that, ultimately, it's a situation that will require remanufacturing of the nuts.
My suggestion of heatshrink was only offered as a stop-gap solution, in the meantime, to reduce (not outright prevent) likelihood of breakage.
Each of you can make your own judgment on how to proceed.
There's no question that JHA will ignore this - I'm absolutely certain they'll handle it properly, but I do sympathise with their situation - that's the last thing they need with all the stress they're already under.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget dual mono... 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 9 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 9 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 10 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 11 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 15 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 15 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear