or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 100

post #1486 of 8278
Jerry mention universal will come
With the carbon fiber box. Maybe I listen wrongly.
Edited by stvc - 12/14/13 at 10:47pm
post #1487 of 8278

I bet it's the most expensive option ever available on a ciem, which I'm guessing will add $400+ to the base cost. Also, it looks like JH has adopted the cables from the Sony MDR-EX series

NgMSk9

post #1488 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzaerinto View Post
 

I bet it's the most expensive option ever available on a ciem, which I'm guessing will add $400+ to the base cost. Also, it looks like JH has adopted the cables from the Sony MDR-EX series

NgMSk9

what are you referring to?

post #1489 of 8278
Universals will come with cf / alu box.
post #1490 of 8278
The universal will come with the carbon fiber case as well.
post #1491 of 8278
You only need to top up 290 sgd for the cf shell option.
post #1492 of 8278

I might give it a try to universal version of the Roxanne once it is in Eu. Seems big as well as interesting.

post #1493 of 8278
You should. It is really that good.
post #1494 of 8278

just for your information while chatting with JH

 

the cables are kevlar insulated cables....and specially for the roxanne its a copper silver mix! he said he is excited to hear them with pure silver when 3rd party starts making em!! as for me....i think im sticking with piccolino this time round again

post #1495 of 8278

I am usually the unluckiest person on the world when it comes to fit and seal of universal iems, so if it amazes me despite the universal construct, I might bite the bullet and go for ciem version. However since I already have SE5way, I am in no rush and willing to upgrade my source instead of getting another high end monitor.

post #1496 of 8278
As I do not own the se5. , he would not make them given my ear molds when they arrived. But from what I read this should be a totally different sound for you. Are thinking the same thought as me ?
post #1497 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

As I do not own the se5. , he would not make them given my ear molds when they arrived. But from what I read this should be a totally different sound for you. Are thinking the same thought as me ?


Yeah the sound signature seems to be a different from the early impressions I read about Roxanne but I doubt that Roxanne can reach the resolution level of SE5way. Still it doesn't mean it will be a bad monitor. Since I don't have tons of money, I rather to first upgrade my source then look for a second ciem. At the time that I am ready to buy, I am sure the hype will go down and we will have plenty of deep reviews about them rather than "wow I am so excited they are the next best thing since sliced bread".

 

There is a big chance that they will amaze me and I know several friends/headfiers who I can trust their reviews and opinions. I will wait to read what these nice people would say about them.

post #1498 of 8278
I have several reviews and all always praise them , it's a shame GREG would not fit me . However what does confuse me is the fact people will say they are darker then a jh13 but still give it more resolution off better layers what ever that means . To me darker as in lcd3 and brighter as in hd800 is the only way I can hear more detail.

And I am not saying you are wrong or I am right , it's just does not equate to my thinking.

Al d
post #1499 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I have several reviews and all always praise them , it's a shame GREG would not fit me . However what does confuse me is the fact people will say they are darker then a jh13 but still give it more resolution off better layers what ever that means . To me darker as in lcd3 and brighter as in hd800 is the only way I can hear more detail.

And I am not saying you are wrong or I am right , it's just does not equate to my thinking.

Al d


Yeah getting the ciem is problematic, I agree. My ear and ear canal size was just on the border, I would say he could hardly fit all those crazy tubes, drivers and impossible cable work. However the result is beyond this world. If Grzegorz decided not to start the project for your ears, he probably believed that the result wouldn't be as good as he expects from SE5way reference.

 

Soundwise, they are pretty neutral and balanced to my ears. I wouldn't call them dark but probably they are darker than JH13FP since JH13FP is considered to be quite bright. Their transparency and resolution is unique, they bring details in a very organic way and the sound becomes so rich and clear.

post #1500 of 8278
Well it's water under the bridge it was a six month affair to be turned down. Pics first . Then impressions and pics and then mail the impressions . And at the end no . He said they would stick out to far. I said I did not care . Then he said they would not sound correct. He did offer a lesser model. He is a really good guy to go through all of that and no sail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"