or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 92

post #1366 of 8278
No idea but he is not here for this hour I don't know earlier hour.
post #1367 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Finally listened to Roxanne this morning. Excellent as expected. Also get a chance to listen to K10 as well as the 8C, which I prefer the later. I don't have a lot of time with them so no detail comparison from me, but I think it is pretty safe to say they are all excellent in their own right and worthy being referred as top tier, though none is noticeably better than others. The variable bass on the Roxanne does work really well, from neutral to very bassy and it is fairly easy to find the level of liking.

Would you mind giving more detailed impressions of the Roxanne vs the 8c?
Just out of curiosity. I've received the 8c one week ago, and just wanted to know the difference.
Thanks
post #1368 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Just out of curiosity, has Jerry made any remarks about whether the Roxanne Universal sounds the same as the CIEM, or if they are intended to be different 'flavours' of sound?

 

I mean, one would tend to assume that they are at least intended to sound pretty much the same, but, as they are so fond of saying in managerial circles, 'assume' makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'...

 

Am I wrong in assuming that universal fit Roxanne = CIEM demo?

post #1369 of 8278
Tested the Roxanne, not happy with it sound quality i don't know if the CIEM version would be better. Treble still too much it hit my ear with certain track I have. The fitting suck. Went to test MH334, damn I fall in love with it, the fitting is so nice to wear. Went back to try again Roxanne, well better but treble still hit my ear. Now I can only hope CIEM would be better. Keep praying.
Edited by stvc - 12/13/13 at 5:07am
post #1370 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

You guys realize this is after all a business. 

Sounds like that vid may mean serious business.

post #1371 of 8278
To whom who is at the mook. Please compaire the jh13/16 Roxanne. I sequence
This will give us a better baseline to judge from. Also do the same with the other IEM
With the kaiser 10. And what amp/ source are you using

Al D
post #1372 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Just out of curiosity, has Jerry made any remarks about whether the Roxanne Universal sounds the same as the CIEM, or if they are intended to be different 'flavours' of sound?

 

I mean, one would tend to assume that they are at least intended to sound pretty much the same, but, as they are so fond of saying in managerial circles, 'assume' makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'...

 

Jerry said the difference between the demo unit on MOOK and the universal version should be fairly minimum. It will still has the same drivers and cable, but made with a more precise mold since the demo is all handmade while the universal is handmade + machined, and also has a slightly longer nozzle. However, it should be be more or less the same sound. Of course with the addition of the eartips, it might not be totally identical to the CIEM. Though from Jerry impression, they don't seem to be vary far off each other.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John0405 View Post


Would you mind giving more detailed impressions of the Roxanne vs the 8c?
Just out of curiosity. I've received the 8c one week ago, and just wanted to know the difference.
Thanks

 

Sorry, really can't since I listened to both not at the same time. But personally I really like the 8C, which I think the sound signature is very well balanced and a big improvement over their old days on Heir Audio. If I have to make a quick judgement, I'll say I like the 8C the most, Roxanne the next and K10 the least. However, I still think JH13PF is probably best fit my taste. I'll add that K10 sound signature will make for a really good stage monitor (think Westone house sound here).


Edited by ClieOS - 12/13/13 at 5:51am
post #1373 of 8278
K10 are not in mook and ended for today, Roxxane had the same high treble to me but I never compare them.
post #1374 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Jerry said the difference between the demo unit on MOOK and the universal version should be fairly minimum. It will still has the same drivers and cable, but made with a more precise mold since the demo is all handmade while the universal is handmade + machined, and also has a slightly longer nozzle. However, it should be be more or less the same sound. Of course with the addition of the eartips, it might not be totally identical to the CIEM. Though from Jerry impression, they don't seem to be vary far off each other.



Sorry, really can't since I listened to both not at the same time. But personally I really like the 8C, which I think the sound signature is very well balanced and a big improvement over their old days on Heir Audio. If I have to make a quick judgement, I'll say I like the 8C the most, Roxanne the next and K10 the least. However, I still think JH13PF is probably best fit my taste. I'll add that K10 sound signature will make for a really good stage monitor (think Westone house sound here).
[/quotes]

What if add in MH334?
post #1375 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post

Tested the Roxanne, not happy with it sound quality i don't know if the CIEM version would be better. Treble still too much it hit my ear with certain track I have. The fitting suck. Went to test MH334, damn I fall in love with it, the fitting is so nice to wear. Went back to try again Roxanne, well better but treble still hit my ear. Now I can only hope CIEM would be better. Keep praying.

Really? I was actually just waiting to hear the universal Roxanne before I purchase the TG334.  Looking for a good pair of universals, and since the 8C is CIEM, I am choosing bet Roxy and TG.

post #1376 of 8278

I listened to MH334 a few months ago, but not today, so I don't really have much to say about it.

post #1377 of 8278

Finally, heard it and like it a lot. I like the idea of adjustable bass. will be getting my impression done on Monday. hopefully everything turn out well.

 

post #1378 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

I listened to MH334 a few months ago, but not today, so I don't really have much to say about it.

Hi, may I ask you what are your impressions of the soundstage offered by the Roxanne? And what first came to mind in the first 30 seconds of listening?

post #1379 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgwee1 View Post
 

Finally, heard it and like it a lot. I like the idea of adjustable bass. will be getting my impression done on Monday. hopefully everything turn out well.

 

Congrats!:D Who's Jenny Harvey? Is that Jerry's daughter?

post #1380 of 8278
Looks like third party cables will arrive before the Roxanne itself...

"DHC Symbiote for JH Roxanne Siren Series IEM coming soon! Email us to be first on the waitlist."


http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"