or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 83

post #1231 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

We must be looking at different things. This is the GE compensated JH16 graph:


3k is upper midrange where much of vocals and guitar bite reside.

Here you go:



I will put it this way, the JH16 has its issues, no doubt but a "V" ain't one of them.

The mids there are fairly even in the sweet spot (in fact I have NEVER heard anyone saying the JHA stuff is mid-recessed, I realize though the 16's are bass heavy, no doubt about it).

To give you what I FEEL is a very good representation of a "V" shaped curve, see below:



The dip there is very audible and hits the sweet spot of not only guitars, but most vocals.

Note, 3k is the upper bound of vocals (end around ~3.3-3.4k).
post #1232 of 8306
Wow. Sorry I sound like I am drunk and I am not . I really need to read before I post. Lol.
post #1233 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

The first one is easy , it will not stop harshness. The second if you are asking me , I do not have any freq chart to give you.

Roxanne treble still as harsh as JH13?


Edited by stvc - 12/9/13 at 5:51pm
post #1234 of 8306

Will get a chance to listen to Roxanne on the upcoming Mook Festival Singapore, can't wait :D

post #1235 of 8306
I really could not say for sure as I have not heard the Roxanne. , but I guess would be for you yes.
post #1236 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

We must be looking at different things. This is the GE compensated JH16 graph:


3k is upper midrange where much of vocals and guitar bite reside.

 

 

Trust me, the JH16 do not lack any mid range. The issue with the JH16 is that their response under 300Hz is so boosted that they appear to lack everything else. If you want to hear those other freqs, you either blow out your eardrums or you need to attenuate sub-bass, bass and mid-bass. Then it becomes almost perfection to my ears. This is the reason I ordered the Roxanne, I want control over the low frequencies. JH seems to nail the mids and the highs, but IMO they go overboard with the lows. I can't speak for the 13s (I'd expect them to be a fair bit closer to what I'd like) but hopefully I'll be able to tune the Roxanne to near perfection.

 

To touch upon what Trogdor said, please just stop comparing them to Shures. My girl has 535s and she asks me to change her tips when they wear out, I take that chance to re-experience what I used think was good, and they are simply not even on the same playing field. The 535s respond quite well to EQ though, boosting the lows and the highs you can make them sound quite acceptably good, but out of the box they are a joke.

post #1237 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

Will get a chance to listen to Roxanne on the upcoming Mook Festival Singapore, can't wait :D

Same here. 3 more day to go!!

post #1238 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I really could not say for sure as I have not heard the Roxanne. , but I guess would be for you yes.

OK, i will know it on friday.

post #1239 of 8306
Cool , my person still does not have a demo set. By the time she gets them I might have mine.
post #1240 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

Same here. 3 more day to go!!

Which of the 3 days are you going bro? :D

post #1241 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDevil View Post
 

Which of the 3 days are you going bro? :D

I think i can't wait to test them out. Should be friday right after work.

post #1242 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post

I think i can't wait to test them out. Should be friday right after work.
I'm thinking of testing them out on Friday evening too, as will be away to KL from Sat to Tues.
During the last Mook, I bought the AK120, hopefully this time around I'll forget about that AK120 Titan tongue.gif
post #1243 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post

I'm thinking of testing them out on Friday evening too, as will be away to KL from Sat to Tues.
During the last Mook, I bought the AK120, hopefully this time around I'll forget about that AK120 Titan tongue.gif

Are the prices discounted at Mook?
post #1244 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Are the prices discounted at Mook?

Might not be. Should be giving free stuff like their govibe amps
post #1245 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by OziasEvangeline View Post

Might not be. Should be giving free stuff like their govibe amps

Thankfully I order my Roxanne and got the BF discount. My original plan was try it at Mook and hope for a discount.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"