Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Audeze LCD-X - Page 55
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm not going agree with this. I'd take a T1/WA2 over a " well driven HE-6" and I'd take the LCD-3/X over them either the T1 or HE-6 (oh wait...I did already ). YMMV of course.
These LCD-X headphones are picking up where they left off last night...impressing the bejezus out of me. Very clean and transparent headphones. I'm going to have to say that these image better than the LCD-3s...and their quickness and instrumental separation is outstanding. After a little Mozart and Mahler with them, they are really well suited for this genre. Something I really didn't totally feel with the LCD-3s (though I don't really listen to classical music much FWIW).
Stop it. Just... Stop it.
Talking about the X like that. I'm starting to get some nasty looks from my 2R2s.
Does it help that my Q Cables are really part of this great sounding package?
'Fraid not. Still getting daggers staring at me. Maybe I'll start leaving my iPad near the 2R2s streaming episodes of Big Love and see if that helps.
Remember: Forgiveness is easier to get than permission.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/6/13 at 7:51pm
Well, if anyone decides to sell their LCD-2.2, I'll probably be in the market for one early next year.
Mostly because I can't afford the LCD-X.
a very simple question. I have the 2.2, the 3 and the XC will come next week. I swear only by rock. Do I need the X ?
Depends...what kind of rock? If you listen to metal, then I'd say the LCD-X would be the best choice. The thing I'm really digging about them is that they are outstanding all rounders too.
I am curious about the XC, but I don't really use closed headphones often...only when I need to isolate out the kids or in-laws.
It's possible I may let mine go if I pick up an X early next year. I am not sure. Despite all this wonderful talk about the X, my LCD-2 R. 2 (with old-style Q cable BTW! ) still sound amazing. Only real knock against them for me is the soundstage. My system gives a warm sound so I am not detail crazy and don't worry about that. I wish the soundstage was bigger...I wish the 2 was a little more engaging. Otherwise, it's really great. Like Steve, these posts are beginning to to make my eyes stray...and she don't like it.
Edited by Devarika Woulf - 11/6/13 at 8:36pm
I would like to know what music genres are best suited for the LCD-X, as opposed to the 2.2 / 3. I have a 2.2, and LOVE the bass and drum slam for rock / metal / hip-hop / electronic music.
I've been wanting to upgrade to a 3 for better clarity, more open soundstage, and slightly more forward vocal presentation, but I'm not so sure anymore because it seems like the "liquid smooth, more neutral" description it always seems to get suits more audiophile / acoustic / pretty type music. That, and the fact that there is less bass quantity, which is a trade-off for better bass quality from what I've read.
I'm a band director / music teacher, and so I listen to and love many genres of music, but the majority of my collection is rock / metal / alternative. When I do upgrade, whether it be to an Audeze, T1, HE-6, TH-900, Alpha Dog, etc, I want the ideal match for that majority.
Unfortunately, I live in a small town in south Texas, probably couldn't make it to Dallas for a meet, and know I probably won't be able to listen to any of these before I make a purchase. I place my faith in you all. Help me Obi-Wan. :D
I previously owned the LCD-2 r1 & r2, and LCD-3, and I thought the LCD-3 was the best overall for rock, metal, & electronica. I probably listen to newer metal than what MH listens to (90s, 00s, 10s - power, prog, death, & thrash mostly, not so much other sub-genres) and would say that all Audezes so far have been good to great at metal. The LCD-3 in particular was my favorite because it made bass guitars in metal sound extra-heavy, so if you want more of that Audeze tactility & presence factor, the LCD-3 would be a natural upgrade. Not so sure about the LCD-X in that aspect - it sounded slightly thinner than the LCD-2 r2 to me when I listened to it briefly at RMAF. The LCD-X to me was like the answer to "what would Audeze make to get sonically closer to the HD800 but still retain the Audeze house sound?"
I've also previously owned the TH900 and might recommend scratching that off your list - it's somewhat of a sonic inverse to the LCD-3. Where the LCD-3 has a nice filled-out mid-range, the TH900 has a scooped-out one and isn't all that ideal for music that relies heavily on bass guitars and male vocals.
If Austin isn't too far for you there's a meet coming up there next year: http://www.head-fi.org/t/678382/head-fi-austin-january-18-2014
No metal, just old fashioned rock - Beatles, Led Zep, Floyd, Dire Straits, Who, Rolling Stones etc but also groups like Deep Purple, Van Halen
hi, i was wondering if any of the lcd-x owners are experiencing any defects in his/her phones Or are there any reportings of problems so far? Since planar magnetic phones tend to be more difficult with quality control and audeze has had issues with previous lcd series. Could it be the case the audeze got thieir new products perfect on the first go this time?
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 21 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP for Shure SE425 2 minutes ago
- › Sacramento Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear