- 196 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommended cable for Audeze? Last post on 8/21/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Today at 11:27 am in Music
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC for LCD-X & HD650 Last post on 5/31/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
need more impressions.
even the LCD-2 should be plenty better than the ultrasones.
But looks like no one wants to share their opinions, strange...!
They are all giving time to let the sound sink in... or rather spend weeks with just the x then switch back to the old cans n hear the differance
But look back when lcd3 launched, I'm flood with uncountable opinions.
But not in this case.
Anyway I will get the result myself next week. :)
I dunno, a couple of weeks ago we were getting in-depth 5 minutes demo floor reviews.
I ordered my LCD-X from www.audeze.com on October 27. They were delivered today, November 1.
Initial impressions...comparing to Ultrasone ED-8. The LCD-X are my first open cans, I don't have any other open cans to compare with the LCD-X.
1. Heavy and not comfortable on the head.
2. Have to remove the cables to store the cans in the travel case.
3. Great sound and sound stage - the sound easily beats the ED-8 in all respects.
I listened to a wide range of familiar music...Alan Jackson, Queen, Yes, Mozart, Jeff Beck, Led Zeppelin, Adele, Journey, Beatles, Bela Fleck, Billy Cobham, SRV. The LCD-X sound better than the ED-8 on all. I was more impressed with the male voices than the female voices. The sound seems more impressive on music that has a wide tonal range, like jazz, instead of pure rock.
Great bass, wide soundstage, nice mids and treble. I hear music that I've never heard before. I am impressed so far.
Simple comments, but I wanted to share my experience.
All the best -
Thanks, this is great info...exactly what I've been eager to hear.
Can you comment on how they look? Do they look sort of utilitarian, or are they a work of art like the LCD-2s?
Dying to hear how these compare to the LCD-2 and LCD-3. Wanted to upgrade to a 3 but must get impressions of these first.
Also, without a doubt, my LCD-2 sucked the first few days I owned them. Burn-in was needed. It changed after several days, along with the amp and DAC. I played it on a mp3 system as well and it just sounded bland until it burnt in. I'm not sure if the LCD-X apply.
Then they are just tortureing us xD
That said, I'm sellin my HE 400... it's got great bass but that's about all it has imo... hoping the next open planar I get is these :D
They are sturdy and heavy, possibly aimed at the studio...not as pretty as the LCD-2/3 with their woods but less concern about integrity for me.
Also, they seemed to sound better as time went on (~3-hours listening) but that's probably just my frame of mind on receiving them on a Friday afternoon.
This is how I feel about it.
I would put in a little more extreme terms. The HD800 is indeed akin to a modern Krell-based system, but the LCD's are closer to a classical high-end vinyl, McIntosh, JBL system.
- Audeze LCD-X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for a new pair of Headphones 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol) 1 minute ago
- › Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program 2 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade to akg 550 with similar characteristics aground £500.00 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)