- 196 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Audeze LCD-X - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
need more impressions.
even the LCD-2 should be plenty better than the ultrasones.
But looks like no one wants to share their opinions, strange...!
They are all giving time to let the sound sink in... or rather spend weeks with just the x then switch back to the old cans n hear the differance
But look back when lcd3 launched, I'm flood with uncountable opinions.
But not in this case.
Anyway I will get the result myself next week. :)
I dunno, a couple of weeks ago we were getting in-depth 5 minutes demo floor reviews.
I ordered my LCD-X from www.audeze.com on October 27. They were delivered today, November 1.
Initial impressions...comparing to Ultrasone ED-8. The LCD-X are my first open cans, I don't have any other open cans to compare with the LCD-X.
1. Heavy and not comfortable on the head.
2. Have to remove the cables to store the cans in the travel case.
3. Great sound and sound stage - the sound easily beats the ED-8 in all respects.
I listened to a wide range of familiar music...Alan Jackson, Queen, Yes, Mozart, Jeff Beck, Led Zeppelin, Adele, Journey, Beatles, Bela Fleck, Billy Cobham, SRV. The LCD-X sound better than the ED-8 on all. I was more impressed with the male voices than the female voices. The sound seems more impressive on music that has a wide tonal range, like jazz, instead of pure rock.
Great bass, wide soundstage, nice mids and treble. I hear music that I've never heard before. I am impressed so far.
Simple comments, but I wanted to share my experience.
All the best -
Thanks, this is great info...exactly what I've been eager to hear.
Can you comment on how they look? Do they look sort of utilitarian, or are they a work of art like the LCD-2s?
Dying to hear how these compare to the LCD-2 and LCD-3. Wanted to upgrade to a 3 but must get impressions of these first.
Also, without a doubt, my LCD-2 sucked the first few days I owned them. Burn-in was needed. It changed after several days, along with the amp and DAC. I played it on a mp3 system as well and it just sounded bland until it burnt in. I'm not sure if the LCD-X apply.
Then they are just tortureing us xD
That said, I'm sellin my HE 400... it's got great bass but that's about all it has imo... hoping the next open planar I get is these :D
They are sturdy and heavy, possibly aimed at the studio...not as pretty as the LCD-2/3 with their woods but less concern about integrity for me.
Also, they seemed to sound better as time went on (~3-hours listening) but that's probably just my frame of mind on receiving them on a Friday afternoon.
This is how I feel about it.
I would put in a little more extreme terms. The HD800 is indeed akin to a modern Krell-based system, but the LCD's are closer to a classical high-end vinyl, McIntosh, JBL system.
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap replacement Westone-style cables? 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Where do I go from here? Next purchase for listening primarily to... 3 minutes ago
- › For sale: Audeze LCD-X + Toxic Virus 4-pin XLR cable + Oyaide jack... 3 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2