- 196 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommended cable for Audeze? Last post on 8/21/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 9/21/14 at 6:00am in Music
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC for LCD-X & HD650 Last post on 5/31/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
need more impressions.
even the LCD-2 should be plenty better than the ultrasones.
But looks like no one wants to share their opinions, strange...!
They are all giving time to let the sound sink in... or rather spend weeks with just the x then switch back to the old cans n hear the differance
But look back when lcd3 launched, I'm flood with uncountable opinions.
But not in this case.
Anyway I will get the result myself next week. :)
I dunno, a couple of weeks ago we were getting in-depth 5 minutes demo floor reviews.
I ordered my LCD-X from www.audeze.com on October 27. They were delivered today, November 1.
Initial impressions...comparing to Ultrasone ED-8. The LCD-X are my first open cans, I don't have any other open cans to compare with the LCD-X.
1. Heavy and not comfortable on the head.
2. Have to remove the cables to store the cans in the travel case.
3. Great sound and sound stage - the sound easily beats the ED-8 in all respects.
I listened to a wide range of familiar music...Alan Jackson, Queen, Yes, Mozart, Jeff Beck, Led Zeppelin, Adele, Journey, Beatles, Bela Fleck, Billy Cobham, SRV. The LCD-X sound better than the ED-8 on all. I was more impressed with the male voices than the female voices. The sound seems more impressive on music that has a wide tonal range, like jazz, instead of pure rock.
Great bass, wide soundstage, nice mids and treble. I hear music that I've never heard before. I am impressed so far.
Simple comments, but I wanted to share my experience.
All the best -
Thanks, this is great info...exactly what I've been eager to hear.
Can you comment on how they look? Do they look sort of utilitarian, or are they a work of art like the LCD-2s?
Dying to hear how these compare to the LCD-2 and LCD-3. Wanted to upgrade to a 3 but must get impressions of these first.
Also, without a doubt, my LCD-2 sucked the first few days I owned them. Burn-in was needed. It changed after several days, along with the amp and DAC. I played it on a mp3 system as well and it just sounded bland until it burnt in. I'm not sure if the LCD-X apply.
Then they are just tortureing us xD
That said, I'm sellin my HE 400... it's got great bass but that's about all it has imo... hoping the next open planar I get is these :D
They are sturdy and heavy, possibly aimed at the studio...not as pretty as the LCD-2/3 with their woods but less concern about integrity for me.
Also, they seemed to sound better as time went on (~3-hours listening) but that's probably just my frame of mind on receiving them on a Friday afternoon.
This is how I feel about it.
I would put in a little more extreme terms. The HD800 is indeed akin to a modern Krell-based system, but the LCD's are closer to a classical high-end vinyl, McIntosh, JBL system.
- Audeze LCD-X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › [FS] Schiit Magni and Modi combo [PENDING] 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)