- 196 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommended cable for Audeze? Last post on 8/21/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 10/19/14 at 9:48am in Music
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC for LCD-X & HD650 Last post on 5/31/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
need more impressions.
even the LCD-2 should be plenty better than the ultrasones.
But looks like no one wants to share their opinions, strange...!
They are all giving time to let the sound sink in... or rather spend weeks with just the x then switch back to the old cans n hear the differance
But look back when lcd3 launched, I'm flood with uncountable opinions.
But not in this case.
Anyway I will get the result myself next week. :)
I dunno, a couple of weeks ago we were getting in-depth 5 minutes demo floor reviews.
I ordered my LCD-X from www.audeze.com on October 27. They were delivered today, November 1.
Initial impressions...comparing to Ultrasone ED-8. The LCD-X are my first open cans, I don't have any other open cans to compare with the LCD-X.
1. Heavy and not comfortable on the head.
2. Have to remove the cables to store the cans in the travel case.
3. Great sound and sound stage - the sound easily beats the ED-8 in all respects.
I listened to a wide range of familiar music...Alan Jackson, Queen, Yes, Mozart, Jeff Beck, Led Zeppelin, Adele, Journey, Beatles, Bela Fleck, Billy Cobham, SRV. The LCD-X sound better than the ED-8 on all. I was more impressed with the male voices than the female voices. The sound seems more impressive on music that has a wide tonal range, like jazz, instead of pure rock.
Great bass, wide soundstage, nice mids and treble. I hear music that I've never heard before. I am impressed so far.
Simple comments, but I wanted to share my experience.
All the best -
Thanks, this is great info...exactly what I've been eager to hear.
Can you comment on how they look? Do they look sort of utilitarian, or are they a work of art like the LCD-2s?
Dying to hear how these compare to the LCD-2 and LCD-3. Wanted to upgrade to a 3 but must get impressions of these first.
Also, without a doubt, my LCD-2 sucked the first few days I owned them. Burn-in was needed. It changed after several days, along with the amp and DAC. I played it on a mp3 system as well and it just sounded bland until it burnt in. I'm not sure if the LCD-X apply.
Then they are just tortureing us xD
That said, I'm sellin my HE 400... it's got great bass but that's about all it has imo... hoping the next open planar I get is these :D
They are sturdy and heavy, possibly aimed at the studio...not as pretty as the LCD-2/3 with their woods but less concern about integrity for me.
Also, they seemed to sound better as time went on (~3-hours listening) but that's probably just my frame of mind on receiving them on a Friday afternoon.
This is how I feel about it.
I would put in a little more extreme terms. The HD800 is indeed akin to a modern Krell-based system, but the LCD's are closer to a classical high-end vinyl, McIntosh, JBL system.
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 11 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Best portable music player (for classical music) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › V-Moda M100 Less than 1 month old! 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for something punchy, on the ear, below $250 - LIke... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)