New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 328

post #4906 of 5039

Here's my FR:

It doesn't peak as high as others at the 4-5k range...or rather, goes a little lower at 3k. Sure sounds sweet to me :)

post #4907 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by avl06 View Post

Any recommendations for cables for the LCD-X?  
I personally use Jena Labs for all my cables and couldn't be happier. I have a pair of The LCD-xs and love them.
post #4908 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by peelwonder View Post


I personally use Jena Labs for all my cables and couldn't be happier. I have a pair of The LCD-xs and love them.


Well, I like my Wywires Red.

post #4909 of 5039

Using Toxic Cables Silver Widow here. Sounds great.

post #4910 of 5039
Silver widow......
post #4911 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by UELong View Post


Well, I like my Wywires Red.

WyWires Red too. For both the LCD-X and HD800
post #4912 of 5039

I'm a lurker, but thought I'd pop in to sing some praises. I am officially an Audeze fan. Bought an LCD-X from Head-Fier TMRaven a few days ago, but I somehow managed to resist the urge to listen to them until my Oppo HA-1 came in the mail today. I'm coming from an Aune T1 and HD600... Wow is all I have to say. Worth every penny.

post #4913 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasa View Post
 

I'm a lurker, but thought I'd pop in to sing some praises. I am officially an Audeze fan. Bought an LCD-X from Head-Fier TMRaven a few days ago, but I somehow managed to resist the urge to listen to them until my Oppo HA-1 came in the mail today. I'm coming from an Aune T1 and HD600... Wow is all I have to say. Worth every penny.

wow, that's quite a jump up i'd say !

i worked my way up slower, and was almost exclusively a grado-head. , and then one day, i got a wild hair and decided to try the lcd-x

and i agree, WOW!

post #4914 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhyar View Post


WyWires Red too. For both the LCD-X and HD800

Just ordered an 8 Strand SPC Headphone Cable from BTG for my XC.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on an X also, but I can't stop thinking the 3 is the way to go

post #4915 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soned View Post
 

Just ordered an 8 Strand SPC Headphone Cable from BTG for my XC.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on an X also, but I can't stop thinking the 3 is the way to go

cool avatar !

post #4916 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

cool avatar !

:biggrin:

post #4917 of 5039
I'm currently using my LCD-X with a Gungnir/Mjolnir stack. Unfortunately, the Mjolnir is too sensitive to AC power line noise and as a result, hums on various circuits throughout my house - mostly due to Lutron dimmers. As such, I'm in the market for a new amp to pair with the Gungnir and LCD-X.

I'm interested in the Ragnarok but since it is based on a similar topology as the Mjolnir, I'm concerned I'll have the same problems -- it is also rather large for desktop use. I'm currently leaning towards a WA22. Does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts on the WA22? I'd like it to pair well with my balanced RS1is as well.

Thanks!
post #4918 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGradoFan View Post

I'm currently using my LCD-X with a Gungnir/Mjolnir stack. Unfortunately, the Mjolnir is too sensitive to AC power line noise and as a result, hums on various circuits throughout my house - mostly due to Lutron dimmers. As such, I'm in the market for a new amp to pair with the Gungnir and LCD-X.

I'm interested in the Ragnarok but since it is based on a similar topology as the Mjolnir, I'm concerned I'll have the same problems -- it is also rather large for desktop use. I'm currently leaning towards a WA22. Does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts on the WA22? I'd like it to pair well with my balanced RS1is as well.

Thanks!

 

i found the mjo a bit bright with my lcd x's, and i got the bryston bha-1 and love the pairing, and its great with my gs1000e's too

i've never noticed any line noise creeping in,

i've always been a tube guy, i've tried other solid state amps, the bryston is the first one i've kept for any length of time.

post #4919 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGradoFan View Post

I'm currently using my LCD-X with a Gungnir/Mjolnir stack. Unfortunately, the Mjolnir is too sensitive to AC power line noise and as a result, hums on various circuits throughout my house - mostly due to Lutron dimmers. As such, I'm in the market for a new amp to pair with the Gungnir and LCD-X.

I'm interested in the Ragnarok but since it is based on a similar topology as the Mjolnir, I'm concerned I'll have the same problems -- it is also rather large for desktop use. I'm currently leaning towards a WA22. Does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts on the WA22? I'd like it to pair well with my balanced RS1is as well.

Thanks!

 

 

I absolutely love the Wa6se with the lcd-x.  Using the Matrix X saber as dac.  Just like the wa22 you can tweak the sound with different tube combos.

post #4920 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGradoFan View Post

I'm currently using my LCD-X with a Gungnir/Mjolnir stack. Unfortunately, the Mjolnir is too sensitive to AC power line noise and as a result, hums on various circuits throughout my house - mostly due to Lutron dimmers. As such, I'm in the market for a new amp to pair with the Gungnir and LCD-X.

I'm interested in the Ragnarok but since it is based on a similar topology as the Mjolnir, I'm concerned I'll have the same problems -- it is also rather large for desktop use. I'm currently leaning towards a WA22. Does anyone have any other suggestions or thoughts on the WA22? I'd like it to pair well with my balanced RS1is as well.

Thanks!

 

i found the mjo a bit bright with my lcd x's, and i got the bryston bha-1 and love the pairing, and its great with my gs1000e's too

i've never noticed any line noise creeping in,

i've always been a tube guy, i've tried other solid state amps, the bryston is the first one i've kept for any length of time.


I have never thought the Mjolnir was too bright but then I have never had any other amp (or dac) so it is possible I just don't know any better. How can one determine if it is the amp or the dac imparting a certain quality (or lack thereof) to the sound? To me the sound quality has always been absolutely stunning with all my Audeze phones including the X. Someday I would like to be able to listen to some other amp/dac combos just to compare with what I am hearing on my system. Right now no funds to try to upgrade anything which is OK since my stuff sounds really good (to me). I will say I kind of miss the creamy mids of the LCD3(c) I had but in no way implying that the X I have now is not a great headphone. It is. But would it be even better with a better amp and dac? Is the dac more contributing to the sound quality moreso than is the amp? Is the dac just fine and the amp too "forward/aggressive" as some say? I have no way of knowing -but- it sounds good to me so that's the way it will be for a while anyway... I just listen to the music and be happy!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum