New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 309

post #4621 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBinTN View Post
 


LOL

Welcome to the thread...

 

:beerchug:


thank you very much, i've been here a while, just not as active here as the grado thread

post #4622 of 5522
I am start thinking the weight is make my neck tired
I am using 3 hours per day everyday
post #4623 of 5522

The LCD-X, while a massively great rocker, also does finesse superbly. Listening to Ryan Teague and the delicate interplay of xylophone with violin is just unbelievable. Stunning. Guitar in the capable hands of Johannes Linstead is breathtaking. Many thanks to Audeze for making these cans available. Stunningly beautiful representation along the entire musical spectrum from deepest bass to airiest most delicate treble regions. No congestion anywhere. I have around 50 hours on them now and they have matured nicely. Simply divine. The M/G stack with the X is a lovely combination. I was concerned the amp and dac may be too forward with these cans but not so. Have not found the genre yet where these headphones do not absolutely perform flawlessly.

post #4624 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

The LCD-X, while a massively great rocker, also does finesse superbly. Listening to Ryan Teague and the delicate interplay of xylophone with violin is just unbelievable. Stunning. Guitar in the capable hands of Johannes Linstead is breathtaking. Many thanks to Audeze for making these cans available. Stunningly beautiful representation along the entire musical spectrum from deepest bass to airiest most delicate treble regions. No congestion anywhere. I have around 50 hours on them now and they have matured nicely. Simply divine. The M/G stack with the X is a lovely combination. I was concerned the amp and dac may be too forward with these cans but not so. Have not found the genre yet where these headphones do not absolutely perform flawlessly.

Nice post and I agree.   :beerchug:

post #4625 of 5522
post #4626 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

While I don't wear glasses, I'd imagine compared to other brands/types of pads, the Audeze's very plush paddings would already be less affected by glasses....

Definitely my experience as a glasses-wearer. I don't even notice any difference in comfort or sound with/without glasses.

post #4627 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by headfirocks View Post
 

Thanks guys, I'll have them on Tuesday.

 

Are all LCD-X "Fazor"?

 

You again ;)

 

To the best of my knowledge, the Fazor was introduced with the LCD-X and LCD-XC - that automatically makes them all Fazor models. As to whether or not there is more than one version of the LCD-X, I'll leave that to Tyll and the others who periodically plot frequency curves to reveal something Audeze arent telling us, but at this stage I believe there is only one version. Anyone ?  

post #4628 of 5522
You are correct, the X & XC are still on revision 1. The LCD-2 & 3 are now on revision 3 though (or fazor revision as its referred to in these parts)
post #4629 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

You are correct, the X & XC are still on revision 1. The LCD-2 & 3 are now on revision 3 though (or fazor revision as its referred to in these parts)

I thought the X is in revision 1, 2 in revision 3 and 3 in revision 2.

post #4630 of 5522

It kindda makes buying secondhand Audezes a bit difficult, to know what you're getting.

post #4631 of 5522

Kinda hard to see how Audeze would be able to improve the X to make it better than it is right now.

post #4632 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

Kinda hard to see how Audeze would be able to improve the X to make it better than it is right now.

I have some ideas, and I think they have some as well. From what I know, they are trying a lot of different materials to improve the drivers. Hope they find a worthy one :D

post #4633 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

I have some ideas, and I think they have some as well. From what I know, they are trying a lot of different materials to improve the drivers. Hope they find a worthy one :D

Your profile picture excites me in weird ways. ;)

post #4634 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_wizzie View Post
 

It kindda makes buying secondhand Audezes a bit difficult, to know what you're getting.

The fazored ones are easy to tell as there is a palpable grill in the ear cups.

post #4635 of 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahkityoong View Post
 

The fazored ones are easy to tell as there is a palpable grill in the ear cups.

What do you mean? Thought the grills could always be felt. (I've only encountered Fazored LCDs in the past.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum