- 383 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X - Page 282
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is normal plastic to protect My Shunyata rca IC and Coax agains dust , imam to Lazy to take out and cover it Again
This sounded amazing even with my Xs plugged into only the headphone jack of my little Acer Chromebook
i was hearing the room , the space, so real
i'm listening to the lcd x with a mad ear+ hd, sweet !
i'd be jealous of the liquid glass, that's a little beyond my grasp, unless i win the lottery !
i got the mad for my grado's, and was pleasantly surprised at just how good it is period
and not very expensive at all(used)
The Liquid Glass is a hybrid amp with a tube preamp section and solid state output stage. The preamp stage is made to be able to roll a lot of different tubes and so the sound can change quite a lot depending on what tubes are in it. The amp is made to sound essentially like the tubes you put into it with the rest of the amp as transparent as possible.
I haven't heard it with the X, but I have heard the LCD-2, Alpha Dogs, and HD800 with the Cavalli Liquid Glass and the WA22 head to head (different DACs, but probably comparable.) At this meet, the LG was just at another level of amazing compared to the Woo (and I like the Woo a lot.) The LG is my bucket list amp. Its ability to roll so many tubes means it can be made to work with just about any cans. It sounded superb with every headphone we tried. I wish I had the $3k to blow on it right now...
i had the ps1000 briefly just a couple of weeks ago, sold them in a day, i kept the lcd x
no regrets either ! lol
yeah, grado's are kinda unique, people tend to love them, or hate them, and the grado and audeze's are pretty much opposites in character to me.
grado's are what i started with, and very much preferred them to the lcd2 when i had them, but then i got the lcd x, and they blew me away !,
but i still have my grado's, but the X gets the majority of head time
oh, i will say i heard a newer lcd2 at a meet a couple of weeks ago, that i liked much better than the one i had
Edited by jaywillin - 5/31/14 at 8:55am
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 8 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 9 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 12 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2