- 383 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommended cable for Audeze? Last post on 8/21/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Audeze LCD-X - Page 282
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is normal plastic to protect My Shunyata rca IC and Coax agains dust , imam to Lazy to take out and cover it Again
This sounded amazing even with my Xs plugged into only the headphone jack of my little Acer Chromebook
i was hearing the room , the space, so real
i'm listening to the lcd x with a mad ear+ hd, sweet !
i'd be jealous of the liquid glass, that's a little beyond my grasp, unless i win the lottery !
i got the mad for my grado's, and was pleasantly surprised at just how good it is period
and not very expensive at all(used)
The Liquid Glass is a hybrid amp with a tube preamp section and solid state output stage. The preamp stage is made to be able to roll a lot of different tubes and so the sound can change quite a lot depending on what tubes are in it. The amp is made to sound essentially like the tubes you put into it with the rest of the amp as transparent as possible.
I haven't heard it with the X, but I have heard the LCD-2, Alpha Dogs, and HD800 with the Cavalli Liquid Glass and the WA22 head to head (different DACs, but probably comparable.) At this meet, the LG was just at another level of amazing compared to the Woo (and I like the Woo a lot.) The LG is my bucket list amp. Its ability to roll so many tubes means it can be made to work with just about any cans. It sounded superb with every headphone we tried. I wish I had the $3k to blow on it right now...
i had the ps1000 briefly just a couple of weeks ago, sold them in a day, i kept the lcd x
no regrets either ! lol
yeah, grado's are kinda unique, people tend to love them, or hate them, and the grado and audeze's are pretty much opposites in character to me.
grado's are what i started with, and very much preferred them to the lcd2 when i had them, but then i got the lcd x, and they blew me away !,
but i still have my grado's, but the X gets the majority of head time
oh, i will say i heard a newer lcd2 at a meet a couple of weeks ago, that i liked much better than the one i had
Edited by jaywillin - 5/31/14 at 8:55am
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 second ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 32 seconds ago
- › Looking for a better source for my microphone (a modmic) 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 40 seconds ago
- › Hello! Im new and I need a recommendation. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 1 minute ago
- › Amp and DAC me 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3