- 383 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Audeze LCD-X - Page 282
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is normal plastic to protect My Shunyata rca IC and Coax agains dust , imam to Lazy to take out and cover it Again
This sounded amazing even with my Xs plugged into only the headphone jack of my little Acer Chromebook
i was hearing the room , the space, so real
i'm listening to the lcd x with a mad ear+ hd, sweet !
i'd be jealous of the liquid glass, that's a little beyond my grasp, unless i win the lottery !
i got the mad for my grado's, and was pleasantly surprised at just how good it is period
and not very expensive at all(used)
The Liquid Glass is a hybrid amp with a tube preamp section and solid state output stage. The preamp stage is made to be able to roll a lot of different tubes and so the sound can change quite a lot depending on what tubes are in it. The amp is made to sound essentially like the tubes you put into it with the rest of the amp as transparent as possible.
I haven't heard it with the X, but I have heard the LCD-2, Alpha Dogs, and HD800 with the Cavalli Liquid Glass and the WA22 head to head (different DACs, but probably comparable.) At this meet, the LG was just at another level of amazing compared to the Woo (and I like the Woo a lot.) The LG is my bucket list amp. Its ability to roll so many tubes means it can be made to work with just about any cans. It sounded superb with every headphone we tried. I wish I had the $3k to blow on it right now...
i had the ps1000 briefly just a couple of weeks ago, sold them in a day, i kept the lcd x
no regrets either ! lol
yeah, grado's are kinda unique, people tend to love them, or hate them, and the grado and audeze's are pretty much opposites in character to me.
grado's are what i started with, and very much preferred them to the lcd2 when i had them, but then i got the lcd x, and they blew me away !,
but i still have my grado's, but the X gets the majority of head time
oh, i will say i heard a newer lcd2 at a meet a couple of weeks ago, that i liked much better than the one i had
Edited by jaywillin - 5/31/14 at 8:55am
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Making my first set of headphone cables... tips, tricks, help would... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony "Low Noise" SD card for NW-ZX2 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2