- 383 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Audeze LCD-X - Page 282
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is normal plastic to protect My Shunyata rca IC and Coax agains dust , imam to Lazy to take out and cover it Again
This sounded amazing even with my Xs plugged into only the headphone jack of my little Acer Chromebook
i was hearing the room , the space, so real
i'm listening to the lcd x with a mad ear+ hd, sweet !
i'd be jealous of the liquid glass, that's a little beyond my grasp, unless i win the lottery !
i got the mad for my grado's, and was pleasantly surprised at just how good it is period
and not very expensive at all(used)
The Liquid Glass is a hybrid amp with a tube preamp section and solid state output stage. The preamp stage is made to be able to roll a lot of different tubes and so the sound can change quite a lot depending on what tubes are in it. The amp is made to sound essentially like the tubes you put into it with the rest of the amp as transparent as possible.
I haven't heard it with the X, but I have heard the LCD-2, Alpha Dogs, and HD800 with the Cavalli Liquid Glass and the WA22 head to head (different DACs, but probably comparable.) At this meet, the LG was just at another level of amazing compared to the Woo (and I like the Woo a lot.) The LG is my bucket list amp. Its ability to roll so many tubes means it can be made to work with just about any cans. It sounded superb with every headphone we tried. I wish I had the $3k to blow on it right now...
i had the ps1000 briefly just a couple of weeks ago, sold them in a day, i kept the lcd x
no regrets either ! lol
yeah, grado's are kinda unique, people tend to love them, or hate them, and the grado and audeze's are pretty much opposites in character to me.
grado's are what i started with, and very much preferred them to the lcd2 when i had them, but then i got the lcd x, and they blew me away !,
but i still have my grado's, but the X gets the majority of head time
oh, i will say i heard a newer lcd2 at a meet a couple of weeks ago, that i liked much better than the one i had
Edited by jaywillin - 5/31/14 at 8:55am
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Nad D Range 21 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 42 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 43 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Seeking help for a new pair of headphones please 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Low impedance headphones on Schiit Valhalla 2? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a dac and amp or DAC/AMP combo to run both headphones... 4 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 4 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3