- 1,175 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 9/13/14 at 12:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommended cable for Audeze? Last post on 8/21/14 at 7:46pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Music
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp/DAC for LCD-X & HD650 Last post on 5/31/14 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-X - Page 281
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm still struggling with the X - I just dont find it that much more comfortable than the 2. The demo pair I tried before I bought mine had clearly been 'loosened' up to the point where the headband was actually a loose fit even on my big noggin, but that meant I had to mess around getting the earpads to seal - no easy answers here. Seriously contemplating selling both Audeze phones and getting the HE560.
If the comfort is a clamping force issue, try stretching them out. It's pretty hard to actually hurt the spring steel and it's quite resilient. mlxx had a similar problem on maybe the XC thread and after a lot of patience he was able to bend it to a comfortable clamping force. Luckily for me, both of my Audeze cans seemed to fit fine out of the box.
What is the difference between "quid" and the pound?
Source : AK 240
Dac : chord QBD HDSD
Amp : Mass Ko Bo 394
Headphone : LCD X With SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN
Cable : Sys Concept optical cable
I'd recommend that. The new LCD-3 definitely sounds more open than the older versions. There's a lot of handwringing over on the LCD-3 thread about the changes, but to me the improvements were clear. Both are superb headphones and it comes down the taste.
- Audeze LCD-X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Where to Buy Narrow Barrelled 3.5mm Audio Cables ? 4 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Destiny 6 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 7 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)