New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 281

post #4201 of 5039
FWIW, I was really unimpressed by the brief time I got to spend with the HE560's. They ARE super light and pretty comfy, but the SQ didn't impress.
post #4202 of 5039
I think the price of the lcd 2 is very good considering the quality you get from them but I've been spoilt over the years and I want more from them so hope the lcd x or lcd 3 impress me
post #4203 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post
 

I'm still struggling with the X - I just dont find it that much more comfortable than the 2. The demo pair I tried before I bought mine had clearly been 'loosened' up to the point where the headband was actually a loose fit even on my big noggin, but that meant I had to mess around getting the earpads to seal - no easy answers here. Seriously contemplating selling both Audeze phones and getting the HE560.  

If the comfort is a clamping force issue, try stretching them out. It's pretty hard to actually hurt the spring steel and it's quite resilient. mlxx had a similar problem on maybe the XC thread and after a lot of patience he was able to bend it to a comfortable clamping force. Luckily for me, both of my Audeze cans seemed to fit fine out of the box.

post #4204 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post


I didn't think they were horrendous on my head but I can see where your coming from,tupac reckons the foam type is better than the leather or is that just the headband? Would you take 500 quid for the lcd x 😜

 

What is the difference between "quid" and the pound? 

post #4205 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

What is the difference between "quid" and the pound? 
It's slang for pound mate
post #4206 of 5039

500 quid isn't even half of what I paid in Thai baht to get my hands on the LCD-X : even with the current political situation, things arent that tough in the Land of Smiles ! 

post #4207 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

500 quid isn't even half of what I paid in Thai baht to get my hands on the LCD-X : even with the current political situation, things arent that tough in the Land of Smiles ! 
I know mate,wishful thinking on my part
post #4208 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post


It's slang for pound mate

 

ahhhhh, now it all makes sense...thanks :)

post #4209 of 5039
Tonight I have tried chord DAC : QBD HDSD

Source : AK 240
Dac : chord QBD HDSD
Amp : Mass Ko Bo 394
Headphone : LCD X With SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN
Cable : Sys Concept optical cable



post #4210 of 5039

post #4211 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Tonight I have tried chord DAC : QBD HDSD

Source : AK 240
Dac : chord QBD HDSD
Amp : Mass Ko Bo 394
Headphone : LCD X With SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN
Cable : Sys Concept optical cable



Very nice mate,can I ask what's with the polyethylene around the interconnects mate,you about to decorate the room
post #4212 of 5039
I've asked Doug Brady in Warrington if he can get the lcd x and lcd 3 So I can demo them both side by side see which ones I prefer
post #4213 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

I've asked Doug Brady in Warrington if he can get the lcd x and lcd 3 So I can demo them both side by side see which ones I prefer

I'd recommend that. The new LCD-3 definitely sounds more open than the older versions. There's a lot of handwringing over on the LCD-3 thread about the changes, but to me the improvements were clear. Both are superb headphones and it comes down the taste.  

post #4214 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by KmanChu View Post

I'd recommend that. The new LCD-3 definitely sounds more open than the older versions. There's a lot of handwringing over on the LCD-3 thread about the changes, but to me the improvements were clear. Both are superb headphones and it comes down the taste.  
You say the new lcd 3, is that with the fazor
post #4215 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post


You say the new lcd 3, is that with the fazor

Yes. That and apparently the new circuit trace on the driver for 110 ohm impedance.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum