New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 280

post #4186 of 5012

When I buy a lcd headphone does it come with a 3.5mm head? I want to plug this thing straight into my dx90.

post #4187 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilman0527 View Post
 

When I buy a lcd headphone does it come with a 3.5mm head? I want to plug this thing straight into my dx90.

http://www.audeze.com/products/headphones/lcd-x

 

See package contents under "Specifications".

post #4188 of 5012
Is the whiplash hybrid v3 any good with the lcd x
post #4189 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Is the whiplash hybrid v3 any good with the lcd x

By experience using it with Jh13 fp, it made the sound thicker.
post #4190 of 5012
Going down now to demo a pair lcd 2 as No other hifi shop by me have the lcd x in so it will give me an idea of sound and the sennheiser hd 800 see what all the fuss is about with them
post #4191 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Going down now to demo a pair lcd 2 as No other hifi shop by me have the lcd x in so it will give me an idea of sound and the sennheiser hd 800 see what all the fuss is about with them

 

I believe that you are in for a night of stark contrasts, my friend  :D

 

Just remember that the HD800 needs a good amp even more than the LCD2 to shine. 

post #4192 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

I believe that you are in for a night of stark contrasts, my friend  biggrin.gif

Just remember that the HD800 needs a good amp even more than the LCD2 to shine. 
I'll be honest mate i wasn't impressed with the hd 800 and had to turn it right up on the volume,loved the lcd 2 and had to have the volume quite the way up but not as much with the Hugo,just hope the lcd x is better again
post #4193 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

I'll be honest mate i wasn't impressed with the hd 800 and had to turn it right up on the volume,loved the lcd 2 and had to have the volume quite the way up but not as much with the Hugo,just hope the lcd x is better again
It is IMO much better than the LCD-2 and I preferred it to the LCD-3 as well although it's really about personal taste. X = exciting, 3= smooth.
Of course whether it's £700 better is something only you can answer when you hear it. But when do things like money ever seem to get in the way when we are on the never ending quest for audio nirvana!
Edited by LeoKane - 5/28/14 at 8:18am
post #4194 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoKane View Post

It is IMO much better than the LCD-2 and I preferred it to the LCD-3 as well although it's really about personal taste. X = exciting, 3= smooth.
Of course whether it's £700 better is something only you can answer when you hear it. But when do things like money ever seem to get in the way when we are on the never ending quest for audio nirvana![/quote
Thank you for your reply really appreciate it and I'm looking at paying 2 grand so whichever model sounds better to me,not sure if the lcd 3 is harder to drive than the lcd 2,Hugo should easily drive the lcd x,i did think the Mrs had shoved my head in a vice and slowly tightened it the more I listened to the lcd 2 😖
post #4195 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoKane View Post

It is IMO much better than the LCD-2 and I preferred it to the LCD-3 as well although it's really about personal taste. X = exciting, 3= smooth.
Of course whether it's £700 better is something only you can answer when you hear it. But when do things like money ever seem to get in the way when we are on the never ending quest for audio nirvana![/quote
Thank you for your reply really appreciate it and I'm looking at paying 2 grand so whichever model sounds better to me,not sure if the lcd 3 is harder to drive than the lcd 2,Hugo should easily drive the lcd x,i did think the Mrs had shoved my head in a vice and slowly tightened it the more I listened to the lcd 2 😖
The 3 and X have softer pads I think so are a wee bit more comfortable than the 2. Still have a vice like grip of your head though. But then you don't want 2 grands worth of headphone hitting the floor when you start nodding to the music.
post #4196 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoKane View Post

The 3 and X have softer pads I think so are a wee bit more comfortable than the 2. Still have a vice like grip of your head though. But then you don't want 2 grands worth of headphone hitting the floor when you start nodding to the music.
Very true mate
post #4197 of 5012

I'm still struggling with the X - I just dont find it that much more comfortable than the 2. The demo pair I tried before I bought mine had clearly been 'loosened' up to the point where the headband was actually a loose fit even on my big noggin, but that meant I had to mess around getting the earpads to seal - no easy answers here. Seriously contemplating selling both Audeze phones and getting the HE560.  

post #4198 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post
 

I'm still struggling with the X - I just dont find it that much more comfortable than the 2. The demo pair I tried before I bought mine had clearly been 'loosened' up to the point where the headband was actually a loose fit even on my big noggin, but that meant I had to mess around getting the earpads to seal - no easy answers here. Seriously contemplating selling both Audeze phones and getting the HE560.  

Why not keep them for the time being , get the HE560s, compare thoroughly before getting rid of 2/3?

post #4199 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Why not keep them for the time being , get the HE560s, compare thoroughly before getting rid of 2/3?

 

I'm already kicking myself over the fact that the LCD-2s sit there unused day in and day out - not sure I'm ready to see two sets of expensive cans in the same position. Really wanted the HE500s after a brief listen but my dealer convinced me to wait for the 560s - so incredibly light and comfortable after the Audeze monsters. 

post #4200 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

I'm already kicking myself over the fact that the LCD-2s sit there unused day in and day out - not sure I'm ready to see two sets of expensive cans in the same position. Really wanted the HE500s after a brief listen but my dealer convinced me to wait for the 560s - so incredibly light and comfortable after the Audeze monsters. 
I didn't think they were horrendous on my head but I can see where your coming from,tupac reckons the foam type is better than the leather or is that just the headband? Would you take 500 quid for the lcd x 😜
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum