New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 278

post #4156 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post
Anyone think the noble Kaiser 10 is up their with the mighty lcd x,im selling my wadia 861 se and not sure what to go for

 

I demo'd the Kaiser 10 at a recent meet, and it's a very high resolution IEM, with considerable slam.  Very forward, fun, definitely not neutral.  

 

I owned the LCD-2 v1, and that was a bit thick for my tastes, and the LCD-X has better, brighter, balanced sound to my ears.  The Kaiser 10 has quality sound, but really puts out quick and deep "thooom" extension in the low freqs.

post #4157 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadie View Post

I demo'd the Kaiser 10 at a recent meet, and it's a very high resolution IEM, with considerable slam.  Very forward, fun, definitely not neutral.  

I owned the LCD-2 v1, and that was a bit thick for my tastes, and the LCD-X has better, brighter, balanced sound to my ears.  The Kaiser 10 has quality sound, but really puts out quick and deep "thooom" extension in the low freqs.
From what you have explained the noble would be more my type of sound,i rang up a hifi shop in Chester and they sell the audeze lcd x so I'll try and listen to them next week,not sure when I'll get chance to listen to the noble Kaiser 10 and thanks for your thoughts
post #4158 of 4936

Excellent description of the differences.  I also own both and listen to similar music and agree. However, the differences in comfort tip me to the Senn and I find most of my listening time is with the 800.  The LCD-X is just too heavy with excessive clamping force coupled with the warm earpads...but none the less an exciting SQ that works with some music some of the time.

post #4159 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadie View Post

I demo'd the Kaiser 10 at a recent meet, and it's a very high resolution IEM, with considerable slam.  Very forward, fun, definitely not neutral.  

I owned the LCD-2 v1, and that was a bit thick for my tastes, and the LCD-X has better, brighter, balanced sound to my ears.  The Kaiser 10 has quality sound, but really puts out quick and deep "thooom" extension in the low freqs.
So do you now own the lcd x and will you be buying the Kaiser 10 now that you have listened to them
post #4160 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by amham View Post

Excellent description of the differences.  I also own both and listen to similar music and agree. However, the differences in comfort tip me to the Senn and I find most of my listening time is with the 800.  The LCD-X is just too heavy with excessive clamping force coupled with the warm earpads...but none the less an exciting SQ that works with some music some of the time.

Agree it was an excellent description of the differences, I'm actually the complete opposite. I rarely listen to the 800 s now apart from music they really excel at! The main reason being the sibilance and lack of a satisfying low end in comparison to the LCD-x. I found the clamping and weight eased with use!
But in the final analysis, they're both stellar cans and actually compliment each other!
post #4161 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by amham View Post
 

The LCD-X is just too heavy with excessive clamping force coupled with the warm earpads...but none the less an exciting SQ that works with some music some of the time.

 

agree it could be made lighter, or would be nice if possible is what i mean.  as far as the earpads go if you haven't tried switching to the micro-suede it comes highly recommended.  they also have a suede headband replacement.  together after my neck muscles have strengthened and with the suede the LCD-X is more comfortable to me then anything else I have tried.  Very curious to try the HD800 some day since people swear by it's comfort and sound.  

 

Once Audeze figures out how to use graphene traces in it's drivers I am sure that will be the ultimate comfort and sound. Any thoughts on how long until this happens? As far as I know it is possible to spray graphene on a thin film using a inkjet printer type process in very intricate patterns. Being more conductive then copper I assume they could cut away more of the magnet which I imagine is what is heavy.

post #4162 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post

agree it could be made lighter, or would be nice if possible is what i mean.  as far as the earpads go if you haven't tried switching to the micro-suede it comes highly recommended.  they also have a suede headband replacement.  together after my neck muscles have strengthened and with the suede the LCD-X is more comfortable to me then anything else I have tried.  Very curious to try the HD800 some day since people swear by it's comfort and sound.  

Once Audeze figures out how to use graphene traces in it's drivers I am sure that will be the ultimate comfort and sound. Any thoughts on how long until this happens? As far as I know it is possible to spray graphene on a thin film using a inkjet printer type process in very intricate patterns. Being more conductive then copper I assume they could cut away more of the magnet which I imagine is what is heavy.



You should try the 800s the imaging is fantastic!

Re the graphene! Bring it on! Though I suppose the downside is we'd start to become weak and sickly ! :-)
post #4163 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racy View Post


You should try the 800s the imaging is fantastic!

Re the graphene! Bring it on! Though I suppose the downside is we'd start to become weak and sickly ! :-)

 

and smiling from ear to ear with awesome sound

post #4164 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post

and smiling from ear to ear with awesome sound


Amen!
post #4165 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post
So do you now own the lcd x and will you be buying the Kaiser 10 now that you have listened to them

 

Yep, I own the LCD-X.  As far as the Kaiser 10, it wouldn't be the right long-session listening device for me.  It's fun and in your face, but I'd find it fatiguing after a while.  For me, the Ultimate Ears Ref Monitor had the best balance of rich sonics, in a more even keel, neutral presentation.

post #4166 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadie View Post

Yep, I own the LCD-X.  As far as the Kaiser 10, it wouldn't be the right long-session listening device for me.  It's fun and in your face, but I'd find it fatiguing after a while.  For me, the Ultimate Ears Ref Monitor had the best balance of rich sonics, in a more even keel, neutral presentation.
I had the grado ps 1000 and they bored Me to death just hope the lcd x don't do the same as I need some excitement in my life
post #4167 of 4936
In my opinion, ps1000 is really good for certain recording, such as soundtrack. I listened to Joe Hisaishi' Spirited Away and it was awesome (better than LCD imo). But on certain female vocal, they sounded off. Male vocal was decent. Lcd-x is more acceptable for various recording.
post #4168 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraha View Post

In my opinion, ps1000 is really good for certain recording, such as soundtrack. I listened to Joe Hisaishi' Spirited Away and it was awesome (better than LCD imo). But on certain female vocal, they sounded off. Male vocal was decent. Lcd-x is more acceptable for various recording.
I wasn't impressed when I had the SR 007 either and I don't want lcd x to be more acceptable I want it to blow Me away,it seems that one headphone can't do all things well and I ain't buying different headphones for different music as I would not bother at all,maybe with having such a great hifi speaker system which im breaking down and selling that headphones just didn't do it for me,but since buying the Hugo my faith has been restored with my sennheiser ie 800 in ears,now is that the In ears or both,don't wanna be buying the lcd x if it's just a safe sound and just different from the grado s,i preferred my Sony 4 xba to the grado as I thought it was more exciting,now I'm wondering Am I interested in a In Ya face sound that over a few hours will fatigue,God knows but if I'm spending nearly 2 grand on whatever headphones or ciems it's got to be right
Edited by Hifi Nutter - 5/25/14 at 10:57pm
post #4169 of 4936

another lcd-x here joining the club...

 

it is re-cabled with Jena Labs cable from inside the headphones to the cables used, will post picture later.. out of the box, the sound was confusing but after some burn-in, everything started to be defined and really impressive.

 

using it with Hugo, the results are amazing but still giving both burn-in. being spoiled with Jh Roxanne, I do find the vocals on the X to be a bit lacking in thickness especially on low mids but on the upper registers they are great for me. the X was re-cabled after acquiring it and there was no burn-in time given to it, so sadly I forgot the sound of it on stock cable. But by experience on the lcd 3, we also re-cabled it to Jena and we prefer it over stock by a mile. Jena cable is really impressive (i am not related to Jena)


Edited by soullinker20 - 5/25/14 at 11:41pm
post #4170 of 4936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post


I wasn't impressed when I had the SR 007 either and I don't want lcd x to be more acceptable I want it to blow Me away,it seems that one headphone can't do all things well and I ain't buying different headphones for different music as I would not bother at all,maybe with having such a great hifi speaker system which im breaking down and selling that headphones just didn't do it for me,but since buying the Hugo my faith has been restored with my sennheiser ie 800 in ears,now is that the In ears or both,don't wanna be buying the lcd x if it's just a safe sound and just different from the grado s,i preferred my Sony 4 xba to the grado as I thought it was more exciting,now I'm wondering Am I interested in a In Ya face sound that over a few hours will fatigue,God knows but if I'm spending nearly 2 grand on whatever headphones or ciems it's got to be right

It's always best to audition yourself (either at the shop or attend the meet). For me, Lcd-x is acceptable to various genre. I can't hear any significant fault on them. But for other people, it may blow them away.

 

For me, the one that blow me away is HD800 (I haven't heard 009). But they need time and patient to match each component on their chains (from software, transport, source, cable, and amp). It's a journey that I enjoy since I had it 2 years ago. Also, Abyss did blow me away. For me, the next step would be to try to audition all three of them together (HD800, 009 and Abyss). Otherwise, I'm quite very happy with what I have :-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum