New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 258

post #3856 of 5039

Just got the LCDX today -- must say, WOW! So impressed with detail, spaciousness and realism. I still consider myself newer to  hi-res audio and gear, but I was able to try a few other high-end models at the store -- HD800, LCDXC, etc and the LCDX sounded best to me by far. The most "real" and close to the aliveness of the music. I only have a dragonfly USB dad/amp right now, so I can't wait until my Hugo arrives, which is an amazing synergy. Very thrilled that I finally bit the bullet and got a pair of these headphones! 


Edited by Tonyflo - 4/17/14 at 11:21pm
post #3857 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyflo View Post

Just got the LCDX today -- must say, WOW! So impressed with detail, spaciousness and realism. I still consider myself newer to  hi-res audio and gear, but I was able to try a few other high-end models at the store -- HD800, LCDXC, etc and the LCDX sounded best to me by far. The most "real" and close to the aliveness of the music. I only have a dragonfly USB dad/amp right now, so I can't wait until my Hugo arrives, which is an amazing synergy. Very thrilled that I finally bit the bullet and got a pair of these headphones! 


Congrats. x is my favorite too and just wait til you hear them through the mighty Hugo.
post #3858 of 5039

really wish they would have just allowed for a non-adhesive option like most other headphones provide.

post #3859 of 5039

.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/2/14 at 10:55pm
post #3860 of 5039
Today i have loaner LCD X from My best Friend , to nite i have Time to do the SQ comparison between LCD X vs XC

Source : iPhone 4 S and 5 S
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap D D 1 LE With op amp Muse
02
Amp : Duet silver Color
Headphones : LCD X and LCD XC
Cable : SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN + 4 PIN To RSA
Balance
IC mini to mini Crystal Clear dreamline Series
Music : WAV ,AIFF and FLAC

My impression :

LCD X :
High : smoother than LCD XC With very Good detail but
Less clarity
Mid : is thicker and slighly warner compare LCD XC
LCD XC mid is more to mid High but better clarity
Cleaner than LCD X.LCD X more to mid Low Mid
Bass : more weight than LCD X , LCD XC has better
Clarity and cleaner .
Separation : is on par , LCD XC slighly better because has
Better clarity
Soundstage : LCD X wider than LCD XC , but LCD XC has
Better Depth .
Power : LCD X need more Power to drive

LCD XC :
High : more micro detail than LCD X , more extended and
Crisp , better clarity
Mid : more Clear and clean , better pronounce , but
Slightly thiner and slightlg more to mid High .
Bass : better detail and cleaner and faster Bass , but less
Weight than LCD X
Separation : on par slighly better , because LCD XC has
Clarity.
Soundstage : Close headphone LCD XC has better Depth
LCD X has wider soundstage .
Power : LCD XC is more easier to drive

Overal.:
These Two Audeze headphones LCD X and XC , has their strong and weak Point , like i mentioned above .
I Wish to keep both and sale My LCD 2 rev 3
LCD X and LCD XC are excelent Orthos headphones

IMO

H


post #3861 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyflo View Post
 

Just got the LCDX today -- must say, WOW! So impressed with detail, spaciousness and realism. I still consider myself newer to  hi-res audio and gear, but I was able to try a few other high-end models at the store -- HD800, LCDXC, etc and the LCDX sounded best to me by far. The most "real" and close to the aliveness of the music. I only have a dragonfly USB dad/amp right now, so I can't wait until my Hugo arrives, which is an amazing synergy. Very thrilled that I finally bit the bullet and got a pair of these headphones! 

Congratulations on the purchase, and agreed!  I'm glad I finally got off the horse and chose them.  I ultimately go way back in this thread to Macedonian Hero's review, and think he was spot on when saying that they're superb all-arounders.

post #3862 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Today i have loaner LCD X from My best Friend , to nite i have Time to do the SQ comparison between LCD X vs XC

Source : iPhone 4 S and 5 S
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap D D 1 LE With op amp Muse
02
Amp : Duet silver Color
Headphones : LCD X and LCD XC
Cable : SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN + 4 PIN To RSA
Balance
IC mini to mini Crystal Clear dreamline Series
Music : WAV ,AIFF and FLAC

My impression :

LCD X :
High : smoother than LCD XC With very Good detail but
Less clarity
Mid : is thicker and slighly warner compare LCD XC
LCD XC mid is more to mid High but better clarity
Cleaner than LCD X.LCD X more to mid Low Mid
Bass : more weight than LCD X , LCD XC has better
Clarity and cleaner .
Separation : is on par , LCD XC slighly better because has
Better clarity
Soundstage : LCD X wider than LCD XC , but LCD XC has
Better Depth .
Power : LCD X need more Power to drive

LCD XC :
High : more micro detail than LCD X , more extended and
Crisp , better clarity
Mid : more Clear and clean , better pronounce , but
Slightly thiner and slightlg more to mid High .
Bass : better detail and cleaner and faster Bass , but less
Weight than LCD X
Separation : on par slighly better , because LCD XC has
Clarity.
Soundstage : Close headphone LCD XC has better Depth
LCD X has wider soundstage .
Power : LCD XC is more easier to drive

Overal.:
These Two Audeze headphones LCD X and XC , has their strong and weak Point , like i mentioned above .
I Wish to keep both and sale My LCD 2 rev 3
LCD X and LCD XC are excelent Orthos headphones

IMO

H


 

Well, my finding is a bit different from you.  From my audition I prefer LCD-X as XC has more colouration. As to the clarity I have completely different findings.  May be we are using different headphone amplifiers.  You may wish to know that I used three different headphone amplifiers and a CDP to carrying out the comparison.  The results were the same, i.e. I like LCD-X more.   

post #3863 of 5039

i sorta prefer the XC sound better in many ways... maybe not all ways but many.  weight is the big kicker though, X is def more comfortable

post #3864 of 5039

Just ordered a LCD-X today.  Really looking forward to it but will have to sell my almost new LCD-2.2  .   The LCD-2 really got me hooked on Audeze sound.

post #3865 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzee View Post
 

Just ordered a LCD-X today.  Really looking forward to it but will have to sell my almost new LCD-2.2  .   The LCD-2 really got me hooked on Audeze sound.

 

Yep, that's what happened to me. I stood on the sidelines for a couple years watching as Audeze got their product refined and worked out the issues that plagued them early on. I pulled the trigger on the LCD-2s in October of last year, and I was so surprised at how much I liked them that I just had to go ahead and upgrade to the X. Been captivated ever since. 

 

 

Tonyflo: Congrats, man...the Xs are truly a revelation. The more time you spend with them, the more they'll impress. 

post #3866 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by inter voice View Post

Well, my finding is a bit different from you.  From my audition I prefer LCD-X as XC has more colouration. As to the clarity I have completely different findings.  May be we are using different headphone amplifiers.  You may wish to know that I used three different headphone amplifiers and a CDP to carrying out the comparison.  The results were the same, i.e. I like LCD-X more.   

I have tried yesterday with 3 different Amos and dac / amp portable
First was Duet , second Mass Ko Bo 395 and hi fi M8
The result is the same LCD XC has better clarity

Later I will try on my desktop amp

Maybe my friend has not burn in , he used only less than 20 hours
My LCD XC I have use about 50 hours
post #3867 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post

i sorta prefer the XC sound better in many ways... maybe not all ways but many.  weight is the big kicker though, X is def more comfortable

I am agree with you
post #3868 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Today i have loaner LCD X from My best Friend , to nite i have Time to do the SQ comparison between LCD X vs XC

 

 

Rudi,

 

Both the LCD-X and XC have the same drivers in them. They are identical headphones excepting that the XC had damped wood cups instead of damping and a grille.

 

:wink_face:

post #3869 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Rudi,

Both the LCD-X and XC have the same drivers in them. They are identical headphones excepting that the XC had damped wood cups instead of damping and a grille.

wink_face.gif

That may well be true, but take heed, there be devilment afoot inside these cans - some sinner from Audeze must have sold their soul to broker a deal with the devil to gain such superlative sonics!

Repent all LCD-X sinners, else we're all hellbound on Lucifers fast track to hell I tell thee!.....then again....heaven will be mighty boring without my beloved LCD-X's......forgive me father, but like Belinda sang it, heaven is a place on earth, for now anyways, and X marks my spot...

Eat, sleep, LCD-X, repeat.. biggrin.gifatsmile.gifevil_smiley.gif
Edited by cb3723 - 4/19/14 at 3:25am
post #3870 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Rudi,

Both the LCD-X and XC have the same drivers in them. They are identical headphones excepting that the XC had damped wood cups instead of damping and a grille.

wink_face.gif
Thank you Amos
I saw in your pictures . That you have both LCD X and XC. Please share your impression here.

My friend has heard his LCD X below 20 hours . Today the whole day i burn in with songs that can improve their high and detail.Tonorrow i will compare with my friend LCD X.he has already more than 1 month .i want to find out how the LCD X after more than 200 hours burn in and i will post here again
Edited by rudi0504 - 4/19/14 at 6:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum