Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
Audeze LCD-X - Page 255
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have the LCD-3 and the LCD-XC and the LCD-3 requires noticeably more cranking of the volume dial.
The "Fazors" are just waveguides, basically a piece of machined metal with little triangular wings that guide the sound waves as they travel out of the slits of the driver assembly. It's not something magical or invasive.
...the gunmetal itself looks nice, the combination with black leather still ok, just if wood comes into the game it's simply getting a bit too much, at least for my taste..... let's see, since there was obviously quite some demand, they might even re-animate the gunmetal... who knows...
The dealer I bought my LCD-X's from told me that the all black color was to be discontinued to be replaced by the gunmetal design as standard?
He either got his facts wrong or maybe was told this by Audeze only for them to change things around?
Personally, I prefer the all black look, but there's no right or wrong preference, its all subjective, but not anymore if the gunmetal is no longer an option, its either black or black.
On the plus side, its one less thing to agonize over for new customers of the LCD-X...
Edited by cb3723 - 4/14/14 at 7:11am
must be audeze changed things around in regard to the supply, or maybe the luxury market, which cares more about looks than sq, digs more the black
anyway i read too in more than one place that the black was meant to be the limited edition, last time while watching headroom's headphone samurai lcd-x review, lol, he urged to buy the limited black before it runs out of supply
in the end all but the black and bubingaaaa! resulted discontinued limited editions
edit: now imagine all those that bought the "limited" black to fetch a higher resale value later on, bubiiiingaaaa !!!
Edited by roskodan - 4/14/14 at 4:33pm
but do you have a sly smile on your face ??
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Swinsian, The iTunes Alternative 17 seconds ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 25 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2