Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Audeze LCD-X - Page 255
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have the LCD-3 and the LCD-XC and the LCD-3 requires noticeably more cranking of the volume dial.
The "Fazors" are just waveguides, basically a piece of machined metal with little triangular wings that guide the sound waves as they travel out of the slits of the driver assembly. It's not something magical or invasive.
...the gunmetal itself looks nice, the combination with black leather still ok, just if wood comes into the game it's simply getting a bit too much, at least for my taste..... let's see, since there was obviously quite some demand, they might even re-animate the gunmetal... who knows...
The dealer I bought my LCD-X's from told me that the all black color was to be discontinued to be replaced by the gunmetal design as standard?
He either got his facts wrong or maybe was told this by Audeze only for them to change things around?
Personally, I prefer the all black look, but there's no right or wrong preference, its all subjective, but not anymore if the gunmetal is no longer an option, its either black or black.
On the plus side, its one less thing to agonize over for new customers of the LCD-X...
Edited by cb3723 - 4/14/14 at 7:11am
must be audeze changed things around in regard to the supply, or maybe the luxury market, which cares more about looks than sq, digs more the black
anyway i read too in more than one place that the black was meant to be the limited edition, last time while watching headroom's headphone samurai lcd-x review, lol, he urged to buy the limited black before it runs out of supply
in the end all but the black and bubingaaaa! resulted discontinued limited editions
edit: now imagine all those that bought the "limited" black to fetch a higher resale value later on, bubiiiingaaaa !!!
Edited by roskodan - 4/14/14 at 4:33pm
but do you have a sly smile on your face ??
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 or Beyerdynamic T1? 1 minute ago
- › Headphone under $100 for classic rock and blues 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Chi Unify 9 when and where? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2