Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
Audeze LCD-X - Page 255
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have the LCD-3 and the LCD-XC and the LCD-3 requires noticeably more cranking of the volume dial.
The "Fazors" are just waveguides, basically a piece of machined metal with little triangular wings that guide the sound waves as they travel out of the slits of the driver assembly. It's not something magical or invasive.
...the gunmetal itself looks nice, the combination with black leather still ok, just if wood comes into the game it's simply getting a bit too much, at least for my taste..... let's see, since there was obviously quite some demand, they might even re-animate the gunmetal... who knows...
The dealer I bought my LCD-X's from told me that the all black color was to be discontinued to be replaced by the gunmetal design as standard?
He either got his facts wrong or maybe was told this by Audeze only for them to change things around?
Personally, I prefer the all black look, but there's no right or wrong preference, its all subjective, but not anymore if the gunmetal is no longer an option, its either black or black.
On the plus side, its one less thing to agonize over for new customers of the LCD-X...
Edited by cb3723 - 4/14/14 at 7:11am
must be audeze changed things around in regard to the supply, or maybe the luxury market, which cares more about looks than sq, digs more the black
anyway i read too in more than one place that the black was meant to be the limited edition, last time while watching headroom's headphone samurai lcd-x review, lol, he urged to buy the limited black before it runs out of supply
in the end all but the black and bubingaaaa! resulted discontinued limited editions
edit: now imagine all those that bought the "limited" black to fetch a higher resale value later on, bubiiiingaaaa !!!
Edited by roskodan - 4/14/14 at 4:33pm
but do you have a sly smile on your face ??
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Near Mint Sennheiser HD600 Headphones- Purchased under 2 months ago 25 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 35 seconds ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 58 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hello + Advice :)! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K7xx International Forwarding Service 2 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2