or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 216

post #3226 of 6892

My LCD-XC sounds every bit as good as my X infact sometimes I even prefer the sound.  Seem to have a bit more punch and ofcourse much better isolation.  They don't sound closed at all really, equally spacious and airy.  I am very happy with both X and XC via WA7 for both.

post #3227 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

My LCD-XC sounds every bit as good as my X infact sometimes I even prefer the sound.  Seem to have a bit more punch and ofcourse much better isolation.  They don't sound closed at all really, equally spacious and airy.  I am very happy with both X and XC via WA7 for both.

I prefer the LCD-X, but for a closed headphone the LCD-XC is at the top of my list. Quite the 1-2 punch by Audeze. :smile: 

post #3228 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBinTN View Post
 


Hi Figaro,

Thanks for your info about favorite Mahler symphonies.  I tried to find the CD's but have had trouble.  Do you have any leads on where I can get high-quality recordings of Mahler's music?  Thanks - I look forward to listening to Mahler.

 

All the best -

Richard

prestoclassical.co.uk - this is were I get most, if not all, of my classical music recordings.  Many recordings you cannot get here in the U.S. you can get from this website.  Great service.  They have never disappointed me.

post #3229 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverica Wolf View Post
 

 

What's going wrong with the LCD-XC? I'm not keeping up to date.

Wrong? there is nothing wrong with the best closed cans ever created!  What's wrong is that you don't still have a pair of XCs, hehehe!


Edited by figaro69 - 2/20/14 at 6:49pm
post #3230 of 6892

Hell, I'm still tempted to pick up a pair of Xc's just because I'm so in love with the X :)

post #3231 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

It's amazing reading through this thread how happy everybody is with their LCD-X. The XC thread couldn't be more different.

I disagree. I bought both X and XC - each are incredible and share same sound signature. I preferred both of these to hd800, hd650, LCD-3, Grado flagship, and I think they even beat by a healthy margin my longstanding reference T1. I am super picky about headphones and especially the X has all strengths and no weaknesses in how it sounds.
post #3232 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by podeschi View Post


I disagree. I bought both X and XC - each are incredible and share same sound signature. I preferred both of these to hd800, hd650, LCD-3, Grado flagship, and I think they even beat by a healthy margin my longstanding reference T1. I am super picky about headphones and especially the X has all strengths and no weaknesses in how it sounds.

+10

post #3233 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articnoise View Post
 

If it’s not because of too little power in the Solo and the fact that you like it with the T1, it is possible that you just don’t like the Audeze sound or at least the X.


Earlier I tried LCD-2 with another (weaker) amp and thought it was the best sound from a headphone I've ever heard. LCD-2 was just too uncomfortable. LCD-X is definitely more comfortable. Well, the search for ideal system continues. Hopefully it's LCD-X with better matching amp/dac.

post #3234 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by podeschi View Post

I disagree. I bought both X and XC - each are incredible and share same sound signature. I preferred both of these to hd800, hd650, LCD-3, Grado flagship, and I think they even beat by a healthy margin my longstanding reference T1. I am super picky about headphones and especially the X has all strengths and no weaknesses in how it sounds.

There's nothing to disagree with :-) All I said was that people in the XC thread don't seem to be as happy with their headphones as the people in this thread. A common complaint with the XC is that they're too energetic in the upper mids. I personally didn't find it to be a problem.
post #3235 of 6892

I see the complaints for too much upper midrange on the XC, but does anybody complain about an upper midrandge suckout on the LCD-X?   Looking at the Innerfidelity graphs after hearing about a couple people's complaints on a certain site, it seems as though they're 7db down at 3khz compared to the Olive, Welti, McMullin curve.  In fact the LCD-X's uncompensated curve is shown to have even a little less uppermidrange than the HE-400, which is 5db down at 3khz and notorious for having an upper midrange suckout.  The LCD2 seems to be more true throughout the midrange in comparison.

post #3236 of 6892
just researched and there is a dealer with a store 10 blocks away from my work that has the LCD X instock!
Cant go today as my mgr is out, but sometime next week gonna go check these out.

I just hope these guys have have these setup ideally, it is a Stereo specialty store so hoping.
post #3237 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

I see the complaints for too much upper midrange on the XC, but does anybody complain about an upper midrandge suckout on the LCD-X?   Looking at the Innerfidelity graphs after hearing about a couple people's complaints on a certain site, it seems as though they're 7db down at 3khz compared to the Olive, Welti, McMullin curve.  In fact the LCD-X's uncompensated curve is shown to have even a little less uppermidrange than the HE-400, which is 5db down at 3khz and notorious for having an upper midrange suckout.  The LCD2 seems to be more true throughout the midrange in comparison.


Upper-mid suckout?  Can't say I hear it on the LCD-X.  The LCD-X is very balanced to my ears--with no obvious peaks or dips, and no part of the spectrum that predominates. The mids aren't thick, like on the LCD-3, but sound natural, airy, and detailed. Just like every other headphone, the LCD-X has its own signature. Have you had a chance to listen to the LCD-X, LCD-2, and LCD-3? That would give you a better idea than studying graphs or pondering forum posts.

post #3238 of 6892

I've heard the LCD2 yes.  Its midrange is very balanced, but the presence region around 3khz was a tiiiny bit below neutral.  It also could have used a treble boost of abound 2-3db throughout its entire treble range.

 

I probably wouldn't get much LCD-X complaint posting on an LCD-X thread, but I assume there are at least some honest people here and there.

post #3239 of 6892
Wasn't disagreeing with fact people were disagreeing😄 - was disagreeing with their conclusions. I do agree the XC has more air and presence in the treble but it is actually a nice sound signature and not too far afield from the X. I do believe the amp makes a big difference. Tube amp with XC is great.
post #3240 of 6892
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

I've heard the LCD2 yes.  Its midrange is very balanced, but the presence region around 3khz was a tiiiny bit below neutral.  It also could have used a treble boost of abound 2-3db throughout its entire treble range.

 

I probably wouldn't get much LCD-X complaint posting on an LCD-X thread, but I assume there are at least some honest people here and there.


I owned the LCD-2's for just over a year and although I think they're excellent, I had some issues with sub-bass that could sound loose at times, and treble that sounded subdued (and occasionally a touch grainy) compared to the mids and bass. Although the LCD-3s have a clear technical edge, the mid-centric signature wasn't my preference. For me, the LCD-X's have addressed the technical issues of the LCD-2s, added refinement and detail, and have a balanced signature I love.

 

This thread is full of honest opinions from people with considerable head-fi experience. If you think the posts are suspect because people are generally pleased with the LCD-Xs--then there's no substitute for auditioning them yourself. I was happy with my LCD-2s and would have immediately sent the LCD-Xs back for a refund if I didn't think they were worth the (considerable) additional cost. I'm not rich and have no interest in needlessly spending money. The posters on this thread have a range of equipment and no special relationships or financial interests in Audeze.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum