New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 202

post #3016 of 6253

I finally bought a pair of LCD-X, I hope that they will sound great with my Mjolnir.


Edited by pfillion - 2/13/14 at 1:41pm
post #3017 of 6253

Local place now has the LCD-X in store. Will lug my Taurus in for a listen soon.

post #3018 of 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

Local place now has the LCD-X in store. Will lug my Taurus in for a listen soon.

I'm definitely interested in your impressions :). 

post #3019 of 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

Local place now has the LCD-X in store. Will lug my Taurus in for a listen soon.

It's waiting for you on display :D

post #3020 of 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

Damn, that is nice smily_headphones1.gif Steve Eddy should get into fashion after he's done making cables, he sure knows how to make things look nice

Don't you have to be gay to be a male in the fashion industry? tongue.gif

se

.... you might also consider a sex-change...:confused_face(1):

post #3021 of 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by musikaladin View Post

.... you might also consider a sex-change...confused_face(1).gif

Too far...
post #3022 of 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post


Don't you have to be gay to be a male in the fashion industry? tongue.gif

se

 

is there something you want to tell us, Steve? 

post #3023 of 6253
Hey!

Long time no post.

After having to sell all my headphone stuff, including my LCD-2's and WA22, which I sorely miss, I'm back in the game.. I bought some LCD-X's..

Now, my setup is SO much humbler then what I used to have, just a HRT Headstreamer, iPod, and a Fiio E12. And using iTunes, spotify to come.

These phones are amazeballs! The build quality is fantastic, and far better then the plasticky feel that other companies do, despite what the material is, Sennheiser are you listening to me? It certainly is better then the lcd-2's I used to have, with plusher pads, comfort is spot on.

With my source caveat, I won't be going into too deeply with all that audiophile descriptive stuff, but I did listen to it whilst demoing it on some top end amps and sources too.

Why did I but these over the cheaper HD800's? Simple, I find the 800's cold and detached. It may have all the audiophile tick boxes done, but who gives a snot when I feel like I have scalpels attached to my ears? Its a surgical tool, not music making equipment. The X attaches me emotionally to the music. The 800's do not.

Versuses the 2's, it corrects all my issues, the dynamics are faster, and the sludge in the mids have gone. This is the last and only phone I need to own.

Buy some.
post #3024 of 6253

Lots of positive feedback in here.

 

Anyone care to comment on how easy these are to drive? I've heard that they're easier to drive than the LCD 3's.

 

Easy enough to drive (and sound good) straight from a wallplugged DAC? Or is that still a no-no?

 

How about a smaller tube amp like the DNA sonett? Think that will work or is something beefier required?

 

Anyone who actually has tested this?

post #3025 of 6253
It's funny. Audeze say that an iPod can drive them, but you'll get the best from them amped.. I think more clean, quality power at 50 ohms. All companies will show what power is delivered at specific impedances, so look at amps which deliver their peak power at lower impedances. I'm happy to be corrected by some clever folk here, but that's how I read it!
post #3026 of 6253
Hi all, i put in an order for an LCD-X happy days smily_headphones1.gif

Can anybody recommend me a very good wall mountable stand/storage/hook that keeps the lcd in shape. Something thats good quality, not cheapo

Thanks smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by redstar - 2/13/14 at 2:16am
post #3027 of 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by migasson View Post

Versuses the 2's, it corrects all my issues, the dynamics are faster, and the sludge in the mids have gone. This is the last and only phone I need to own.

Exactly right about correcting the 2's issues.  And yes, much more comfortable with the softer pads, (even though they're a bit heavier, I think) and easier to drive.  I always ran my V-200 at zero gain with the LCD-2's, and now I've gone to the -6 dB setting, just to get a little more movement with the volume pot.  Even with that setting, 10:00-10:30 is about as high as I want to go, so I might try the -12 dB setting.  I'm just not sure about your very last statement, though.:p

post #3028 of 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by migasson View Post

Hey!

Long time no post.

After having to sell all my headphone stuff, including my LCD-2's and WA22, which I sorely miss, I'm back in the game.. I bought some LCD-X's..

Now, my setup is SO much humbler then what I used to have, just a HRT Headstreamer, iPod, and a Fiio E12. And using iTunes, spotify to come.

These phones are amazeballs! The build quality is fantastic, and far better then the plasticky feel that other companies do, despite what the material is, Sennheiser are you listening to me? It certainly is better then the lcd-2's I used to have, with plusher pads, comfort is spot on.

With my source caveat, I won't be going into too deeply with all that audiophile descriptive stuff, but I did listen to it whilst demoing it on some top end amps and sources too.

Why did I but these over the cheaper HD800's? Simple, I find the 800's cold and detached. It may have all the audiophile tick boxes done, but who gives a snot when I feel like I have scalpels attached to my ears? Its a surgical tool, not music making equipment. The X attaches me emotionally to the music. The 800's do not.

Versuses the 2's, it corrects all my issues, the dynamics are faster, and the sludge in the mids have gone. This is the last and only phone I need to own.

Buy some.

 

 

Dude, I agree with every single word of this....even "amazeballs". 

post #3029 of 6253
Ha! Yeah, I'm fed up of trading, selling phones etc.. I can't afford to own many, so if I have one phone, this is it😁
post #3030 of 6253
Just listening to Bjork- "Headphones" amazing.. On the LCD-X It's like greeting an ex that's even more amazing then when you first met her😉
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum