or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 156

post #2326 of 8668
I heard the LCD-X through Frank I's WA-5 and it sounded better than anything I'd heard to date...including the BHSE>SR009.

I can't spring fir the WA5 plus $1000+ in tubes, so this is the next best option from Woo. Pure class A, transformer coupled, similar tube options, tho no 300b's. I'm hoping to get 95% of what I heard.

As to DAC's, I'm content for the foreseeable future. I'll try the über frost and the Gungnir to see which complements it best. Once it's burned in, I'll also compare the WA22 to the Mjolnir to see which I prefer.
post #2327 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesure View Post

Look what arrived today!

 

This is the part on Sprockets where I am jealous!  :smile:


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2328 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

This is the part on Sprockets where I am jealous!  smile.gif

wink.gif
post #2329 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post
 

I demoed the LCD-2s some months ago, but didn't have the V200 at the time. But from what many very experienced head-fiers are saying, the LCD-Xs are more neutral then the LCD-2s. I would imagine that if the combo you now have is not 'too warm' for you, then the X would not be too warm. But best to purchase from a seller who offers a 30 day return policy. Sounds like an awesome system you've got there. Personally, I could well imagine the LCD-X would sound sublime.

 

No, it's not too warm at all. Perfect is the word. Not that I don't mind a less warm, more detailed presentation but I love the sound of this system. I wanted a vinyl-like sound and I got it. I could save and buy the LCD-X and then decide which I'd like to keep, but I think my easier option is to just sell the LCD-2 first. Saving the $700 or so up after is no problem.

 

I basically want to keep the Audeze house sound, but you know, have it better in every way. For those who have upgraded from the LCD-2 Rev. 2 to the LCD-X, is there actually anything the LCD-2 does better? Any areas the LCD-X is worse at? Thanks.

post #2330 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverica Wolf View Post
 

 

No, it's not too warm at all. Perfect is the word. Not that I don't mind a less warm, more detailed presentation but I love the sound of this system. I wanted a vinyl-like sound and I got it. I could save and buy the LCD-X and then decide which I'd like to keep, but I think my easier option is to just sell the LCD-2 first. Saving the $700 or so up after is no problem.

 

I basically want to keep the Audeze house sound, but you know, have it better in every way. For those who have upgraded from the LCD-2 Rev. 2 to the LCD-X, is there actually anything the LCD-2 does better? Any areas the LCD-X is worse at? Thanks.

If you require thumping bass, then the LCD-2 is the one for your (bass in the X is great, but you get much more quantity with the LCD-2.  Also, LCD-2 is somewhat better with bad recordings (i.e., forgiving), although the Xs are not bad in this area either.

post #2331 of 8668

Interesting:  Head-Fi apparently has a company called Bellroy as a sponsor, and the title of their ad says "SLIM YOUR WALLET". I think we are already slimming our wallets....:rolleyes:

post #2332 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post
 

Interesting:  Head-Fi apparently has a company called Bellroy as a sponsor, and the title of their ad says "SLIM YOUR WALLET". I think we are already slimming our wallets....:rolleyes:

 

Lol, really?  Oh the irony... :D


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2333 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

Lol, really?  Oh the irony... :D

Yeah, apparently they sell a wallet that takes up much less space. Irony indeed!

 

(The ads on the left column keep changing.....maybe it will pop up for you to see sometime.) 

post #2334 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

Lol, really?  Oh the irony... :D

Yeah, apparently they sell a wallet that takes up much less space. Irony indeed!

 

(The ads on the left column keep changing.....maybe it will pop up for you to see sometime.) 

 

I think they're late to the game with their solution.  Head-Fi's solved that problem over a decade ago.  ;)


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2335 of 8668

Hi everyone!

 

Just got it a couple of days ago with Silver Dragon V3 Premium from Moon and here is a picture with my DAC.

*

 

The amp is WA6-Se (Sophia Princess + 6DR7) and the headphones is now in break-in period. It has around 20-35 hours on it and I still think the mid-high is not as smooth as it should be.

 

How long do you guy think this cans would take for it to sound at its best? Is 200 hours sufficient?

post #2336 of 8668
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrTv View Post

 

How long do you guy think this cans would take for it to sound at its best? Is 200 hours sufficient?

 

I honestly can't remember, but I think I hit the sweet spot well before 200 hours.  So yeah, 200 would definitely do it I think.  :smile:


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #2337 of 8668
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesure View Post

Look what arrived today!

I'm really hoping this is an end game system for me...well, after the upgraded tubes arrive next week.

Excellent!

post #2338 of 8668
RCA 5U4G arrived and installed.

Hooked up the Norse Audio 8-conductor headphone cables to the LCD-X's.

Put on some live DMB.

Started grinning.

Last steps will be installing the 6F8G driver tubes when they arrive from Argentina and setting up the turntable (my Christmas gift from the family) on Wednesday.

Then I may not emerge from the man cave until spring.
post #2339 of 8668

Just received a holiday card from Audez'e telling me they are planting a tree in a national forest due to my recent LCD-X purchase.  Way Cool.

 

Not only do they make great headphones, they are nice people too.

 

Happy Holidays to the Head-Fi community.

 

Best Regards,

RCBinTN

post #2340 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBinTN View Post
 

Just received a holiday card from Audez'e telling me they are planting a tree in a national forest due to my recent LCD-X purchase.  Way Cool.

 

Not only do they make great headphones, they are nice people too.

 

Happy Holidays to the Head-Fi community.

 

Best Regards,

RCBinTN

 

That's for your LCD-4.

 

It's like a kick-starter. God knows how long it will take them to make the cups if they just planted the tree, though :D 


Edited by Clemmaster - 12/23/13 at 2:47pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum