New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 121

post #1801 of 5030

From what I have read I think I'd probably still like my LCD3's over the X, but there are two clear advantages about the LCDX & XC that I really wish I had... Metal Housing and efficiency... I really don't like the wood.  I think it makes my headphones vulnerable to humidity/temp changes and physical damage.  Then the idea I could power it w/ just my iphone really changes the way I think about using ortho's.

 

All this makes me want to buy a LCDXC, but then its too hard to rationalize owning 3 headphones instead of a SR009.

post #1802 of 5030
Damn you people. Damn you all. Lol

Just ordered LCD-X from Woo Audio.
post #1803 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by cizx View Post
 

 

yeah, warranty shmarranty.

Sankar showed me the Fazors. They are like a grill over the driver with peaks over each magnet. I am curious when somebody will try to mod LCD-3 with the fazors from LCD-X :D....Purrin?

post #1804 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesure View Post


I use that exact configuration in my one system and can tell you it's a very nice setup.
NO. The tubes will provide subtle changes to the overall character of the system, but they will NOT change your LCD-2's into LCD-X's for $79.

you are correct, sir!!!!

post #1805 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones Bob View Post

Damn you people. Damn you all. Lol

Just ordered LCD-X from Woo Audio.

All of you...burn in hell.  I just ordered mine from Moon Audio with the Silver Dragon Headphone Cable.  Damn you all.  If you don't start panning new headphones in your reviews/impressions I'm going to go broke.  I am proposing a one-year moratorium on rave reviews!

post #1806 of 5030
^ Happy to oblige. The new Audez'e X series are terrible headphones tongue.gif
post #1807 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

^ Happy to oblige. The new Audez'e X series are terrible headphones tongue.gif

Ah, thanks...I just cancelled my order....NOT!!! You are lying through your teeth, hahah! The cat is already out of the bag...and scratching my wallet with ferocity!


Edited by figaro69 - 12/2/13 at 6:21pm
post #1808 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

Yeah, I've never said Concero is not a great DAC... But its noise filtering is not very good. There are plenty of DACs with extremely good USB implementation - Matrix X-sabre, Yulong DA8 or Ciúnas DAC are the ones I found interesting myself.

You pretty much named all the popular flavor of the month dacs right now (Concero included). How is the filtering superior to the Concero on these units you named, specifically? And what is the extent of your experience with the Concero? I only ask because you seem to present yourself as a authority when it comes to the filtering abilities of the Concero. You've peaked my interest. I would appreciate an explanation.


Edited by M-13 - 12/2/13 at 6:40pm
post #1809 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

You pretty much named all the popular flavor of the month dacs right now (Concero included). How is the filtering superior to the Concero on these units you named, specifically? And what is the extent of your experience with the Concero? I only ask because you seem to present yourself as a authority when it comes to the filtering abilities of the Concero. You've peaked my interest. I would appreciate an explanation.

Ah...I'm so happy that I just listen to my CD player (yes, I know, I'm Neanderthal) and don't have to worry to DACs.  Since I have a huge CD collection, I don't have to worry about these things...I have enough to worry about with amps, tubes, cables, and headphones!

post #1810 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post
 

Ah...I'm so happy that I just listen to my CD player (yes, I know, I'm Neanderthal) and don't have to worry to DACs.  Since I have a huge CD collection, I don't have to worry about these things...I have enough to worry about with amps, tubes, cables, and headphones!


Not to make you angry figaro but you do realize your CD player has a dac inside right? With filtering as well. :evil: 

 

(if a CD player solved all need for DACs everyone on Head-Fi would own CD players.)


Edited by M-13 - 12/2/13 at 6:52pm
post #1811 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahman View Post
 

All this makes me want to buy a LCDXC, but then its too hard to rationalize owning 3 headphones instead of a SR009.

 

You gonna like vanilla all the time?

post #1812 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post
 

All of you...burn in hell.  I just ordered mine from Moon Audio with the Silver Dragon Headphone Cable.  Damn you all.  If you don't start panning new headphones in your reviews/impressions I'm going to go broke.  I am proposing a one-year moratorium on rave reviews!

 

Nice! Let us know what you think when you get them. I'm interested to see more reviews.

post #1813 of 5030

Anyone get a chance to hear the LCD-X's with a Violectric V200 amp? Saw someone ask about this a few pages back, but I didn't see any answer. 

post #1814 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


Not to make you angry figaro but you do realize your CD player has a dac inside right? With filtering as well. :evil: 

 

(if a CD player solved all need for DACs everyone on Head-Fi would own CD players.)

Or you can do what I do (as I also listen to mostly CDs); use your CDP as a transport only and output the digital to a better DAC. :evil:

post #1815 of 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


Not to make you angry figaro but you do realize your CD player has a dac inside right? With filtering as well. :evil:

 

(if a CD player solved all need for DACs everyone on Head-Fi would own CD players.)

I meant a DAC for playing anything but CDs...a technicality!  With my Oppo and Marantz players, there's nothing to worry about.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum