or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 119

post #1771 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post


 

Life is short enjoy it. Now re-discovering all of my recorded music. SWEET!

 



That's what I keep telling myself!

But my wife just says it's gonna be even shorter if I keep buying audio gear wink.gif
post #1772 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

 

 

Life is short enjoy it. Now re-discovering all of my recorded music. SWEET!

 



That's what I keep telling myself!

But my wife just says it's gonna be even shorter if I keep buying audio gear wink.gif

 

Short and sweet

post #1773 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


You're not the first and last to hear differences in cables. I hear them too, even with USB cables. Welcome to the darkside... :evil: (and bring cookies cuz we ran out...)

 

If you hear differences among USB cables, blame your DAC (or Audio PC) for not having at least good noise filtering... In other words, you should definitely change your DAC to a better one.

 

EDIT: I see you use Concero... That explains everything.

post #1774 of 8668

.

post #1775 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

If you hear differences among USB cables, blame your DAC (or Audio PC) for not having at least good noise filtering... In other words, you should definitely change your DAC to a better one.

 

EDIT: I see you use Concero... That explains everything.

 

 

What is a DAC you recommend that doesn't exhibit this behaviour?

post #1776 of 8668

I can concur that the Silver Widow makes a difference, that's why I have 3 of them  :wink_face:

post #1777 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

 

What is a DAC you recommend that doesn't exhibit this behaviour?

Don't feed the troll.

post #1778 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

If you hear differences among USB cables, blame your DAC (or Audio PC) for not having at least good noise filtering... In other words, you should definitely change your DAC to a better one.

 

EDIT: I see you use Concero... That explains everything.

 

I also found the Concero to be sensitive to USB cables IMO which is a first for me, but that said I like my Concero a lot and think its a very well designed product. What DAC would you recommend before I'm allowed to step up to the LCD-X?


Edited by daerron - 12/2/13 at 3:56am
post #1779 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHamster View Post
 

 

For me, and at reasonable price (ie. there are probably "better" tubes, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars), it is the Amperex Orange Globes - the early versions with the "O Getter".

 

Of course, this is not just a matter of taste, it is also a matter of matching the rest of your system - my DAC is a warm (NOS) sounding component, as is the Lyr and the LCD 2's - the Orange Globes "reign this in" a little more than, say, the Bugle Boys without losing the warmth completely.

I was considering Amperex Orange Globes, but I was not entirely convinced, also because I use my LCD-2.2/Lyr combo with Bifrost DAC which isn't overly warm as far as I know.

post #1780 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post
 

get the brightest/most trebly tube you can get (i.e., do your homework; ideally a Telefunken, but way too expensive for the Lyr).

How does Telefunken sound in comparison to Amperex Orange Globes which is one of the most often recommended tube for Lyr for LCD-2s?

 

Can bright/trebly tubes for Lyr extend the treble and soundstage of LCD-2 to such a degree that they will be comparable to the ones of LCD-X?


Edited by korzena - 12/2/13 at 4:21am
post #1781 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post
 

I was considering Amperex Orange Globes, but I was not entirely convinced, also because I use my LCD-2.2/Lyr combo with Bifrost DAC which isn't overly warm as far as I know.

The Lyr and the LCD2 would be considered "warm", but if the sound isn't warm enough for you, try the Bugle Boys instead of the Orange Globes.

post #1782 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post

I was considering Amperex Orange Globes, but I was not entirely convinced, also because I use my LCD-2.2/Lyr combo with Bifrost DAC which isn't overly warm as far as I know.

I use that exact configuration in my one system and can tell you it's a very nice setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post

How does Telefunken sound in comparison to Amperex Orange Globes which is one of the most often recommended tube for Lyr for LCD-2s?

Can bright/trebly tubes for Lyr extend the treble and soundstage of LCD-2 to such a degree that they will be comparable to the ones of LCD-X?

NO. The tubes will provide subtle changes to the overall character of the system, but they will NOT change your LCD-2's into LCD-X's for $79.
post #1783 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpeigoup View Post
 

It seems a little too close to the LCD-3 price to justify buying it. I would just assume wait for a used LCD-3 I think.  

hDDnd7

I think I said this over 3 times in this thread. It is not just about the money. They have different voicing and strong points and you may like one over the other.

post #1784 of 8668

Having seemingly read through every thread, review, etc., ad nauseum :smile: about the LCD-X, I went ahead and placed an order over the weekend.

 

Is it a reasonable summation, for those very familiar with the LCD-X, to say that it is  definitely a better headphone than the LCD-2, and with regard to the LCD-3, the X is the better all-arounder for playing various genre of music, sacrificing little of the positive attributes of the 3 in the process, and improving on the 3 in some areas......? (I've only personally auditioned the LCD-2). 

post #1785 of 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

If you hear differences among USB cables, blame your DAC (or Audio PC) for not having at least good noise filtering... In other words, you should definitely change your DAC to a better one.

 

EDIT: I see you use Concero... That explains everything.


I do blame them! In fact I blame everyone on Head-Fi for enabling my addiction. I hate my PC, Concero, USB Cable and all of you guys! And those Intel nerds for inventing USB in the first place.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum