New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 118

post #1756 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruve View Post

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I stalk this thread. I'm thinking about buying LCD-X but due to my recent experience with the LCD-X, I've been thinking otherwise. Yesterday I tried it with AloAudio's The Studio Six, and I didn't like it all even when they told me how pricey it is. Before, I tried LCD-2 with WooAudio's WA7 and I loved it, the sound was heavenly in my ears. I wonder how it'd be for LCD-X with WA7. I'm listening mostly to Electronic music (Trance & House) & Classic music. Currently I have DT770, HD600 & Takstar TS-671---and somehow I'm craving for more. For amps, I'm completely a noob and I've only have Fiio E07k. I'd like to get suggestions from head-fi's senior " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/wink.gif" />


 



Considering the Studio Six & LCD-X combo would cost you about $5700 right now, I would say just get the WA7 & LCD-2, which can be had together for about $1800 right now. You can send me the remaining $3900 as commission smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by goldendarko - 12/1/13 at 4:15pm
post #1757 of 5039

HAHAHA.... I'd like to get the WA7 & LCD-2 combo, if it's not because the fact that LCD-X is newer :rolleyes:. Who doesn't want shiny newer things :cool:. But somehow, am I the weird one if I don't like Studio Six & LCD-X combo? It's TOO flat. But maybe because I listened it using house music and still...it's a $4000 amplifier :confused:

post #1758 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post
 

What is the right tube for Lyr for LCD-2.2 for you?

get the brightest/most trebly tube you can get (i.e., do your homework; ideally a Telefunken, but way too expensive for the Lyr).

post #1759 of 5039
could just be a bad pairing, i haven't heard either one so I can't say myself for sure, but I have read fantastic reviews on both. I am the same way though, i wanted the LCD-X orginally because it was the newest but decided that I could get the LCD-2 for almost half the price ($800 on a BF Deal) and that it would be almost as good and maybe even better for the type of music i listen too mostly (rock). I don't have an unlimited amount of money to spend on audio gear, so I really try to get high end stuff that is also a great value, and I think there is a lot more value in the LCD-2 & WA7 than you would get from the LCD-X & Studio Six anyway, but since they are both pretty new they might be more affordable next X-Mas.
post #1760 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHamster View Post
 

 

For me, and at reasonable price (ie. there are probably "better" tubes, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars), it is the Amperex Orange Globes - the early versions with the "O Getter".

 

Of course, this is not just a matter of taste, it is also a matter of matching the rest of your system - my DAC is a warm (NOS) sounding component, as is the Lyr and the LCD 2's - the Orange Globes "reign this in" a little more than, say, the Bugle Boys without losing the warmth completely.

Good choice.

post #1761 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

could just be a bad pairing, i haven't heard either one so I can't say myself for sure, but I have read fantastic reviews on both. I am the same way though, i wanted the LCD-X orginally because it was the newest but decided that I could get the LCD-2 for almost half the price ($800 on a BF Deal) and that it would be almost as good and maybe even better for the type of music i listen too mostly (rock). I don't have an unlimited amount of money to spend on audio gear, so I really try to get high end stuff that is also a great value, and I think there is a lot more value in the LCD-2 & WA7 than you would get from the LCD-X & Studio Six anyway, but since they are both pretty new they might be more affordable next X-Mas.

 

 

I definitely agree... 800USD for a brand new LCD-2 is a great move, better than 700USD for HE-500 IMHO (LCD-2 are technically higher, no doubt about that + they are easier to drive well).


The problem is that you could dislike its closed-in soundstage and a bit fuzzy imaging... That's where HD800 shine.


Edited by emertxe - 12/1/13 at 4:55pm
post #1762 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post
 

Good choice.

:D  Thankyou - I even arrived at this verdict in a relatively unusual way ... I used my own ears !

post #1763 of 5039

Just got the Silver Widow cable and I am not quite sure how to state what I have to say: The cable DOES make a difference!

 

It pains me greatly to have to say that. I KNOW THAT CABLES ARE JUST CONDUCTORS AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I know this. My ears are telling me otherwise... The soundstage and the resolution are just over the top now. Sweet mids I was concerned the cable would tilt too much to the treble side I needn't have been concerned. Precise instrumental placement and air...

 

I have to wonder if the LCD3 with the Silver Widow does not reproduce sound quality from the LCD-X with more open [wider] soundstage and increased clarity and resolution of detail in the upper registers. Not having auditioned the X [yet] it is hard to say but from reading the initial impressions it sure sounds like to me that this could definitely be a possibility. (Listening to digital mastered Kansas - Dust In The Wind; OMG as if hearing it for the first time).

 

I can definitively say one thing: The LCD with the Silver Widow and the Mjolnir/Gungnir are a sweet analog to my Nikon D800 36 mPixel camera with my Zeiss 100mm makroplanar lens in that the imagery is rendered with just that delicate depth of emotion as the light falls audibly commanding wonder and admiration for what just transpired... I am humbled. Now Dire Straits Brothers in Arms. Just don't know what to say. If the X sounds like this it is a special phone.  

post #1764 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

Just got the Silver Widow cable and I am not quite sure how to state what I have to say: The cable DOES make a difference!



 



It pains me greatly to have to say that. I KNOW THAT CABLES ARE JUST CONDUCTORS AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I know this. My ears are telling me otherwise... The soundstage and the resolution are just over the top now. Sweet mids I was concerned the cable would tilt too much to the treble side I needn't have been concerned. Precise instrumental placement and air...



 



I have to wonder if the LCD3 with the Silver Widow does not reproduce sound quality from the LCD-X with more open [wider] soundstage and increased clarity and resolution of detail in the upper registers. Not having auditioned the X [yet] it is hard to say but from reading the initial impressions it sure sounds like to me that this could definitely be a possibility. (Listening to digital mastered Kansas - Dust In The Wind; OMG as if hearing it for the first time).



 



I can definitively say one thing: The LCD with the Silver Widow and the Mjolnir/Gungnir are a sweet analog to my Nikon D800 36 mPixel camera with my Zeiss 100mm makroplanar lens in that the imagery is rendered with just that delicate depth of emotion as the light falls audibly commanding wonder and admiration for what just transpired... I am humbled. Now Dire Straits Brothers in Arms. Just don't know what to say. If the X sounds like this it is a special phone.  


 



What, no pictures?
post #1765 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

Just got the Silver Widow cable and I am not quite sure how to state what I have to say: The cable DOES make a difference!

 

It pains me greatly to have to say that. I KNOW THAT CABLES ARE JUST CONDUCTORS AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I know this. \

Why do you "know" this ?  Perhaps your prior "knowledge" was wrong ?  When one speaks of a subjective truth, why the need to mitigate against attacks from objectivists ?  You hear what you hear - be happy that you CAN hear, and make decisions for yourself, despite the derision this may engender ...


Edited by NinjaHamster - 12/1/13 at 7:57pm
post #1766 of 5039

Images to be made and presented but I would like to listen a lot more as I really want to do something different than what everyone else has done. Have to think about this. Not every day I am presented with the conundrum of being proved wrong but pleasantly so...

 

According to textbook analysis of circuit theory there should be no demonstrable effect on transmitted low-level analog signal to an electrical load; yet that is precisely what my ears are NOT telling me. That is why I had to plunk down the cash to purchase so I could hear for myself if there was anything to the cable feedback I had been reading so much of. Just couldn't stand it, I had to try it for myself.

post #1767 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

Images to be made and presented but I would like to listen a lot more as I really want to do something different than what everyone else has done. Have to think about this. Not every day I am presented with the conundrum of being proved wrong but pleasantly so...

 

According to textbook analysis of circuit theory there should be no demonstrable effect on transmitted low-level analog signal to an electrical load; yet that is precisely what my ears are NOT telling me. That is why I had to plunk down the cash to purchase so I could hear for myself if there was anything to the cable feedback I had been reading so much of. Just couldn't stand it, I had to try it for myself.


You're not the first and last to hear differences in cables. I hear them too, even with USB cables. Welcome to the darkside... :evil: (and bring cookies cuz we ran out...)

post #1768 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

Just got the Silver Widow cable and I am not quite sure how to state what I have to say: The cable DOES make a difference!

 

It pains me greatly to have to say that. I KNOW THAT CABLES ARE JUST CONDUCTORS AND THEREFORE SHOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I know this. My ears are telling me otherwise... The soundstage and the resolution are just over the top now. Sweet mids I was concerned the cable would tilt too much to the treble side I needn't have been concerned. Precise instrumental placement and air...

 

And you've only changed one of the cables in your system....  :evil:

post #1769 of 5039
It's a slippery slope my friend.... frown.gif
post #1770 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

It's a slippery slope my friend.... frown.gif


LCD4? GS-X MkII? Steep incline very very slippery indeed... Should have left well enough alone?

 

Nah. Life is short enjoy it. Now re-discovering all of my recorded music. SWEET!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum