New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 111

post #1651 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowReborn View Post

I just posted my very first review for LCD-X, hope it would be helpful for those who are going to buy LCD-X but not sure just yet
http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-x/reviews/10024

Thank you very much - finally one more realistic review...
post #1652 of 4904
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post


Thank you very much - finally one more realistic review...

 

Just because it is another opinion (that helps the wallet defense)  doesn't make it more realistic, just another point of view which I always welcome :)

post #1653 of 4904
He clearly focused on aspects others rather skipped to make lcd-x flawless... Its a great headphone most probably but not perfect. Many reviews here lack direct comparisons. Like 'headphone A is more detailed than headphone B while headphone B offer more wide soundstage than headphone A' or similar clearly stated observations. Too much superlatives and safe phrases instead of real critical approach.
Edited by emertxe - 11/29/13 at 6:27am
post #1654 of 4904

Please post some comments on my review and like it, even tho I don't come to this forum so often, but i do want some pay back for my time to write this long review, and also glad that review helped. And for Dan, If you haven't noticed yet, all the people before me are mostly giving very exaggerate points about LCD-X, which i did not find on mine. They are not day / night difference and certainly not "a league above". Safely I'd say there are only about 15~20% improvement over the LCD-2. Sure, we as audiophiles don't usually care about money, but the sound and the enjoyment. Like me, i just spend over 12k this month on audio including speakers, amps , dacs, headphones, and albums. You would convince yourself that they are better because you need some reason to justify the loads cash you just paid even they don't worth the money. But i will be honest and bias that i don't see the improvements that worth the money. Say you can go from 1$ earbuds, sound completely crap to 100$ m50, monitor level headphone, only 99$ more, and to more amazing sounding AKG-q701 for extra 100$. ok, let me stop here, this is already around 60~70% of the headphone limit. So if i pay 8 times of the q701, what did you get in the end anyways? Sure we can chase the top notch micro detail and sound quality, thats why we are audiophiles. However sometimes it is just unnecessary. I don't have any objection towards anyone on this forum and i won't be on so often also. Just clear my points here, hope everyone will be happy with that.

post #1655 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowReborn View Post
 

I just posted my very first review for LCD-X, hope it would be helpful for those who are going to buy LCD-X but not sure just yet

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-x/reviews/10024

thanks for posting the review, it must of been tough considering English is obviously not your first language but cheers for taking the time :beerchug:

post #1656 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowReborn View Post
 

Please post some comments on my review and like it, even tho I don't come to this forum so often, but i do want some pay back for my time to write this long review, and also glad that review helped. And for Dan, If you haven't noticed yet, all the people before me are mostly giving very exaggerate points about LCD-X, which i did not find on mine. They are not day / night difference and certainly not "a league above". Safely I'd say there are only about 15~20% improvement over the LCD-2. Sure, we as audiophiles don't usually care about money, but the sound and the enjoyment. Like me, i just spend over 12k this month on audio including speakers, amps , dacs, headphones, and albums. You would convince yourself that they are better because you need some reason to justify the loads cash you just paid even they don't worth the money. But i will be honest and bias that i don't see the improvements that worth the money. Say you can go from 1$ earbuds, sound completely crap to 100$ m50, monitor level headphone, only 99$ more, and to more amazing sounding AKG-q701 for extra 100$. ok, let me stop here, this is already around 60~70% of the headphone limit. So if i pay 8 times of the q701, what did you get in the end anyways? Sure we can chase the top notch micro detail and sound quality, thats why we are audiophiles. However sometimes it is just unnecessary. I don't have any objection towards anyone on this forum and i won't be on so often also. Just clear my points here, hope everyone will be happy with that.

 

 

This was my first reaction on LCD-3 vs LCD-2 as I said to you :

 

Quote:

 

Sad to hear that. I, however stick to everything I wrote, I even bought LCD-X and I love it :D LCD 2 has problems with the dynamics, sector in which both x and 3 are quite better.

 

You may not like neutral sound. Maybe you prefer the more colored sound of LCD2, that is ok :).


However, I found LCD-X to be quite in another league than LCD2.

 

When i got HD800 at first I still liked LCD-2 better. In a few weeks or so, my LCD-2 gathered dust as I was listening more and more with HD800 and started to see the technical limitations of lcd2. This doesn't happen with X and HD800, or with LCD-3 and HD800.

 

I see you don't like HD800 either as you returned it. It may be that you don't like this type of sound and X comes closer to HD800 in some regards.

 

I also say that you think HD800 is lifeless. I didn't find them lifeless at all. Actually the dynamics on HD800 are wonderful. However you must be aware of the fact that if you put them just after the audezes, they will sound thin and maybe lifeless at first. You have to let your ears to adjust to them a little.

 

At first while having lcd-2 and hd800 the first day I ended up not liking either of them. After HD800, LCD-2 sounded muddy and damped and after LCD-2, hd800 sounded thin and lifeless. 

 

Also, at first when I listened to LCD-3 vs LCD-2 I didn;'t realise how big of a difference there is between them and I thought that it doesn't deserve the money. After getting HD800 and got accustomed to them, I realised what good dynamics, micro-details and details are, what fast transients sound like, etc. This made me appreciate LCD-3 a whole lot more. So actually HD800 made me sell my lcd2 and buy lcd3.

 

You can see my evolution in my blog:

 

First encounter with LCD-3:

 

http://headmania.org/2013/01/24/wrath-of-the-titans-audeze-lcd2-vs-lcd3-burson-conductor-vs-m2tech-vaughan/

 

Then with LCD-2 and HD800 when I still preferred LCD-2

 

http://headmania.org/2013/02/24/the-titans-are-back-sennheiser-hd800-vs-audeze-lcd2/

 

Then I started to realize the power of HD800

 

http://headmania.org/2013/04/14/the-spectacular-sennheiser-hd800-review/

 

and started to appreciate LCD-3 
 

http://headmania.org/2013/05/17/audeze-lcd3-review/

 

So, I learned not to rush into the opinions from then. However, it is interesting to see the journey as it was.

With the convincing yourself that is another story. I however never had to convince myself, because I usually had the opportunity of hearing the product before buying it. 

post #1657 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

 

Just because it is another opinion (that helps the wallet defense)  doesn't make it more realistic, just another point of view which I always welcome :)

I agree. You should read a number of reviews to help you find what you may like. Better yet, find some who you know hears things the way you do, but that does not make those reviews better or worse -- just more helpful to you. Even better yet though, audition them yourself and forget everyone else, because undoubtably, your experience will be unique.

 

For example re the review in question, I disagree with characterization of some other headphones LCD-x was compared to. It is obvious that the reviewer and I value different things in our headphones so this review is not going to sway me too much. However, I generally appreciate dissenting voices (including that review), to give people a pause, before they blindly jump on bandwagons and spend tons of $$$, based on overwhelmingly positive reviews.  In the past, reviews in similar vain pushed me to audition before I buy saving me good amount of money. 


Edited by Cante Ista - 11/29/13 at 6:50am
post #1658 of 4904

was interesting reading that review, its a different opinion. i agree on some things, disagree on a few others.

 

he did mention discomfort though, that would make the review alot more negative since then you can't enjoy the music as well.  also the LCD-2 and HE-500 do sound different than the LCD-X. i can see someone preferring the more in your head sound of the LCD-2 despite the small soundstage. and the HE-500's treble.

post #1659 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowReborn View Post
 

Please post some comments on my review and like it, even tho I don't come to this forum so often, but i do want some pay back for my time to write this long review, and also glad that review helped. And for Dan, If you haven't noticed yet, all the people before me are mostly giving very exaggerate points about LCD-X, which i did not find on mine. They are not day / night difference and certainly not "a league above". Safely I'd say there are only about 15~20% improvement over the LCD-2. Sure, we as audiophiles don't usually care about money, but the sound and the enjoyment. Like me, i just spend over 12k this month on audio including speakers, amps , dacs, headphones, and albums. You would convince yourself that they are better because you need some reason to justify the loads cash you just paid even they don't worth the money. But i will be honest and bias that i don't see the improvements that worth the money. Say you can go from 1$ earbuds, sound completely crap to 100$ m50, monitor level headphone, only 99$ more, and to more amazing sounding AKG-q701 for extra 100$. ok, let me stop here, this is already around 60~70% of the headphone limit. So if i pay 8 times of the q701, what did you get in the end anyways? Sure we can chase the top notch micro detail and sound quality, thats why we are audiophiles. However sometimes it is just unnecessary. I don't have any objection towards anyone on this forum and i won't be on so often also. Just clear my points here, hope everyone will be happy with that.

 

 

If the LCD-X is 20% better than the LCD-2s, I'd be thrilled. Certainly if you spend that much on audio every month, then you understand the law of diminishing returns. 

post #1660 of 4904

Do you think 1 watt at 32 ohms would be sufficient to power these LCD-X's? I'm looking to use them with a Peachtree Audio NovaPre.

post #1661 of 4904
Hifiman Sounds best With speaker Amp i Think Audeze would To.
Just Like planer speakers crave massive power AMP.
post #1662 of 4904

Meh.

 

Have in fact tried LCD-2, HE-500 and HE-6 on (at least) 4 different speaker amps - and the Audeze does NOT need that kind of power. In fact, on some the amps - the Audeze sounded worse...

 

Thinking is sometimes good - but practise is better.


Edited by Loevhagen - 11/29/13 at 9:15am
post #1663 of 4904

post #1664 of 4904

Not sure that Audeze benefits from speaker amps at all (at least from my personal experience), but with Hifiman it's another story.

 

In other news, my LCD-X has just arrived and it has a peculiar odor of a combination of leather and metal. Listening impressions to follow later.

post #1665 of 4904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

^ Nothing against you in particular MH, but why are people stacking the amp & PSU when the manual specifically says to not do it? (Your setup isn't the first that I've seen that has them stacked.) I don't even know how you can put up with it in that configuration either. When I tried it myself on both my sensitive Audio-Technica AD2000 and Fostex TH900, the audible transformer interference drove me nuts and I had to separate them by more than 8 vertical inches to finally get rid of it.

FWIW, when Justin set up the GS-X MkII fir audition at my meet, he stacked them.


Edited by leesure - 11/29/13 at 11:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum