New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 110

post #1636 of 4689

i paid 400$ per tube or so. theres only 1 left for that price on ebay. theres pairs for 800 though, might be an option if you are considering WA5.

 

i would not buy the ones for 700+ per tube, but unfortunately, prices will eventually rise to that price. especially considering the western electric 422a is probably better than the metal mullard gz34 which can already sell for that much if NIB.

post #1637 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

**** that. they can keep it. Did you pay that much for yours?

 

I am not sure what I would prefer to buy for the listed pricing - those tubes, or an audiophile usb cable. Most probably the cable as the signal at least stays lossless going through it.


Edited by emertxe - 11/28/13 at 9:46am
post #1638 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post
 

Mac..........please post the pictures of your Bryston>Headamp GS-X mkII>LCDX............

Sorry..been really busy...I'll try soon.  :o

post #1639 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

I am not sure what I would prefer to buy for the listed pricing - those tubes, or an audiophile usb cable. Most probably the cable as the signal at least stays lossless going through it.

What kind of digital (remember, 1s and 0s) cable doesn't maintain a lossless signal?

 

I think, for the price, I'd just get a whole solid state amp. :)

post #1640 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by cizx View Post

What kind of digital (remember, 1s and 0s) cable doesn't maintain a lossless signal?

I think, for the price, I'd just get a whole solid state amp. smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder the same thing. I also wonder about $400.+ rectifier tubes. I'd take the money and go straight to the LCD-3's.

You want to make a difference in the way the amp sounds, put the money in an output transformer upgrade.
post #1641 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Sorry..been really busy...I'll try soon.  :o

And here you go...

 

 

post #1642 of 4689

^ Nothing against you in particular MH, but why are people stacking the amp & PSU when the manual specifically says to not do it? (Your setup isn't the first that I've seen that has them stacked.) I don't even know how you can put up with it in that configuration either. When I tried it myself on both my sensitive Audio-Technica AD2000 and Fostex TH900, the audible transformer interference drove me nuts and I had to separate them by more than 8 vertical inches to finally get rid of it.


Edited by Asr - 11/28/13 at 8:51pm
post #1643 of 4689

Headamp has them stacked on their website:

 

post #1644 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

^ Nothing against you in particular MH, but why are people stacking the amp & PSU when the manual specifically says to not do it? (Your setup isn't the first that I've seen that has them stacked.) I don't even know how you can put up with it in that configuration either. When I tried it myself on both my sensitive Audio-Technica AD2000 and Fostex TH900, the audible transformer interference drove me nuts and I had to separate them by more than 8 vertical inches to finally get rid of it.

No offense there Asr, but it's none if your business. tongue.gif

That said, I normally don't stack my headphones on top of my gear either. What took me so long was I had to move the power supply portion of the GS-X MK2 from on top of my BDA-2 to the top shelf so it could be better viewed in the photo. It's now safely back in place on the second shelf on top of my DAC. Thanks for your concern. wink.gif

That said, on Med Gain and with my TH900s , when stacked the hum is only barely audible. smily_headphones1.gif with the hd800s and LCD-3s on High gain, there is zero noise floor whatsoever.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/28/13 at 9:11pm
post #1645 of 4689

it is funny though how the manual would suggest that you not do the very thing that is presented on their site. 

post #1646 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by cizx View Post
Headamp has them stacked on their website:

 

The GS-X photos currently on the HeadAmp site are of the older MK1 (circa 2006, I think), which is visually obvious compared to MH's MK2. The MK1 used smaller transformers in the PSU and thus had less heat output & EMI as a result.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
No offense there Asr, but it's none if your business. tongue.gif

That said, I normally don't stack my headphones on top of my gear either. What took me so long was I had to move the power supply portion of the GS-X MK2 from on top of my BDA-2 to the top shelf so it could be better viewed in the photo. It's now safely back in place on the second shelf on top of my DAC. Thanks for your concern. wink.gif

That said, on Med Gain and with my TH900s , when stacked the hum is only barely audible. smily_headphones1.gif with the hd800s and LCD-3s on High gain, there is zero noise floor whatsoever.

 

Heh, point taken and I'm glad to hear that you don't use the GS-X MK2 stacked. ;)

post #1647 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

it is funny though how the manual would suggest that you not do the very thing that is presented on their site. 

Why is that funny ?  People seem to be getting confused between "product photos" and real-world usage.  The photo on the website also shows that the amp doesn't have a power cord connected (at least it is not plugged in) and no headphones ... does this therefore mean that Headamp recommends that the amp not be plugged in, and that headphones not be used ??  Does it mean that the recommendation in the instruction manual was placed in there just to confuse people who determine how to use their products solely by looking at advertisements ?  Common sense, please ...


Edited by NinjaHamster - 11/29/13 at 1:28am
post #1648 of 4689

I had my GS-X mk2 stacked from day 1 and with any and all my headphones I had no issues what so ever.  Mybe that wont be the case with the next GS-X mk2 I get, but with the one I had = no problems at all.  I mean ZERO noise with the TH900, each set of Denons I had and with the AD2Ks.  I tried to hear it, but it just wasn't there.

post #1649 of 4689
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

I had my GS-X mk2 stacked from day 1 and with any and all my headphones I had no issues what so ever.  Mybe that wont be the case with the next GS-X mk2 I get, but with the one I had = no problems at all.  I mean ZERO noise with the TH900, each set of Denons I had and with the AD2Ks.  I tried to hear it, but it just wasn't there.

 

+1

 

i do notice slightly more noise when stacked, but its only when the volume pot is at higher than volumes i would listen at. and i listen pretty loud.

post #1650 of 4689

I just posted my very first review for LCD-X, hope it would be helpful for those who are going to buy LCD-X but not sure just yet

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-x/reviews/10024

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum