or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 11

post #151 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

No balanced cable and no option for a balanced cable at least to me is not the best indicator that the x's will be slutty like the 2's.

What do you mean no option for a balanced cable? You can order one right on the Audez'e website.

I'm sure the only reason they provide the 3 with both balanced and single ended cables is so customers feel like they get just a little more value for their $2,000, as more than a few jaws dropped when the price was announced.

se
post #152 of 8690

Have not posted on Headfi in a long time. I will attempt to answer some of the questions 

The LCDX and XC will both come with Balanced cables.

The earpads on both are LCD3 type pads, but in black instead of brown with memory foam.

Audeze LLC is a U.S. manufacturer of headphones that redefine the world of high-end audio using a unique combination of proprietary planar magnetic...
Reply
post #153 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Eddy View Post


What do you mean no option for a balanced cable? You can order one right on the Audez'e website.

I'm sure the only reason they provide the 3 with both balanced and single ended cables is so customers feel like they get just a little more value for their $2,000, as more than a few jaws dropped when the price was announced.

 

Agreed. 

 

I think a lot of assumptions are being made here- as is typical when a new product comes out.  We all go a little crazy with predictions, which really just wind up taking up a lot of post space and not providing the information everyone is yearning for.

 

As someone who was ready to pull the trigger on the LCD-2s, I'll be ordering both the LCD-X and LCD-2s to do a side by side comparison.  I'll post my conclusions after listening.  I might order a Valhalla as well since I don't have a lot of amps to do comparisons.

post #154 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsankar View Post
 

Have not posted on Headfi in a long time. I will attempt to answer some of the questions 

The LCDX and XC will both come with Balanced cables.

The earpads on both are LCD3 type pads, but in black instead of brown with memory foam.

 

Thanks for the information.

post #155 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsankar View Post
 

Have not posted on Headfi in a long time. I will attempt to answer some of the questions 

The LCDX and XC will both come with Balanced cables.

The earpads on both are LCD3 type pads, but in black instead of brown with memory foam.


+1 Thanks!

 

Wow, that makes it even tougher for me now.  I don't know whether to order LCD-X with vegan earpads or leather!

post #156 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyElvis View Post
 

 

Agreed. 

 

I think a lot of assumptions are being made here- as is typical when a new product comes out.  We all go a little crazy with predictions, which really just wind up taking up a lot of post space and not providing the information everyone is yearning for.

 

As someone who was ready to pull the trigger on the LCD-2s, I'll be ordering both the LCD-X and LCD-2s to do a side by side comparison.  I'll post my conclusions after listening.  I might order a Valhalla as well since I don't have a lot of amps to do comparisons.

 

Look forward to it. The X has certainly got my attention so far.

 

se

post #157 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsankar View Post
 

Have not posted on Headfi in a long time. I will attempt to answer some of the questions 

The LCDX and XC will both come with Balanced cables.

The earpads on both are LCD3 type pads, but in black instead of brown with memory foam.

 

Thanks for clearing that up Sankar. I was getting tired of all the wild assumptions made on basis of nothing, from people who don't even understand what they're talking about.

post #158 of 8690
I'd just ordered a set of LCD-3 just over a week ago, not knowing anything about the LCD-X.
A fear days later, my dealer sent me a link to Jude's CanJam preview, saying that after watching the Audeze section he'd understand if I wanted to change my mind.
We'll after reading all the comments, I do want to change my mind, but ..... I do really like the zebrano wood effect of the LCD-3 frown.gif
If only Audeze brought the X tech to LCD-3. Maybe a LCD-3.2? I know I'm being greedy here.
post #159 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka View Post

I'd just ordered a set of LCD-3 just over a week ago, not knowing anything about the LCD-X.
A fear days later, my dealer sent me a link to Jude's CanJam preview, saying that after watching the Audeze section he'd understand if I wanted to change my mind.
We'll after reading all the comments, I do want to change my mind, but ..... I do really like the zebrano wood effect of the LCD-3 frown.gif
If only Audeze brought the X tech to LCD-3. Maybe a LCD-3.2? I know I'm being greedy here.

 

I remember them saying they they had room for improvements with the LCD-3 when the 3s just came out, and some where a bit mad at this.

Wouldn't surprise me if they came with a LCD-3 X or LCD-4 next year, who knows.

Let's see how the LCD-X measure up to the 3s first.


Edited by Sweden - 10/13/13 at 2:00pm
post #160 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
 

 

I remember them saying they they had room for improvements with the LCD-3 when the 3s just came out, and some where a bit mad at this.

Wouldn't surprise me if they came with a LCD-3 X or LCD-4 next year, who knows.

 

Exactly what I was going to say. There's a new flagship coming me thinks, based on the new tech. Based on the new terminology it should be called the LCD-XXX. :)


Edited by negura - 10/13/13 at 4:00pm
post #161 of 8690

The X is not intended to replace the LCD-3 is the answer you are looking for. There is always something new in tech though buying when everyone knew about the CanJam reveal was bad timing. Granted does not help to make you feel better

post #162 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka View Post

I'd just ordered a set of LCD-3 just over a week ago, not knowing anything about the LCD-X.
A fear days later, my dealer sent me a link to Jude's CanJam preview, saying that after watching the Audeze section he'd understand if I wanted to change my mind.
We'll after reading all the comments, I do want to change my mind, but ..... I do really like the zebrano wood effect of the LCD-3 frown.gif
If only Audeze brought the X tech to LCD-3. Maybe a LCD-3.2? I know I'm being greedy here.

Maybe you can see if your dealer will let you order the LCD-X and then you can keep the one you like better. Basically, return the LCD-3 now and come back to audition and choose when both are in stock. The Audeze site refers to the Fazor technology in the technology section, so perhaps the LCD-3 drivers will get updated at some point--Sankar might be able to shed some light.
post #163 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post

Maybe you can see if your dealer will let you order the LCD-X and then you can keep the one you like better. Basically, return the LCD-3 now and come back to audition and choose when both are in stock. The Audeze site refers to the Fazor technology in the technology section, so perhaps the LCD-3 drivers will get updated at some point--Sankar might be able to shed some light.

Sorry I wasn't too clear in my original post.
I've ordered the LCD-3 but not yet received them. My local dealer in Scotland was trying to source them from the only UK distributor (in England) when he sent me the link. So I asked him to hold the order (even though I've already paid for the LCD-3's) until I'd heard the CanJam attendees views and read comments here.
I'll probably call them during the week and change the order to the LCD-X. As much as I like the look of the 3's, I think I'll go for the updated tech. Plus the few pennies I'll save can go towards the Burson Conductor I've got my eye on.

Shaka
post #164 of 8690
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

 

Exactly what I was going to say. There's a new flagship coming me thinks, based on the new tech. Based on the new terminology it should be called the LCD-XXX. :)


That would have been hilarious. Eargasm guaranteed or your money back.

post #165 of 8690
I think, something made to replace the LCD-3 with a new FAZOR!!! technology, would be priced near the $2000 price range or more. 
 
The X may end up outperforming the LCD-3,  (they in fact already do, if a couple of brief impression hold any weight in head-fi ).
But they are not the end game for Audez'e, and we may see that in the near future.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum