Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-Xtagged by joe, 2/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- What open headphones (no IEM and closed headphones) compete with Grados for Rock. Last post on 2/20/15 at 4:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- **Amp suggestions needed** Last post on 9/2/14 at 9:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Hello, I owned a J3 32GB player for 2 or three years, so I got to know all it's advantages and disadvantages. The good This thing has much more output power than most non-audiophile...
Audeze LCD-X - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The neutrality axis is: Bright/Cold, Neutral, Warm/Wet. When something sounds neutral it does not have any added coloration and it's thus reference sounding. Off the reference may be pleasing, but it often affects transparency, clarity and emotional engagement. For me that is detactable with both warmer and bright headphones. The latter though I dislike sooner than warmer headphones, because I am sensitive to sharp/hot treble. That is my personal bias.
More bass than it's called for usually pushes a headphone to the warmer side of the scale, and more treble makes it brighter. "More" of both of those, make a headphone just sub-par and none reference.
At this level I would expect improvements at a lower level of analysis than just frequency response. Areas of improvement for Audeze are imo mainly soundstaging and imaging, both which were a bit crippled compared to other top dogs, and decays compared to top stats. I am hoping there's a new driver there too. Now all of this would make me VERY excited about the LCD-X. If it's just a side play on the LCD-3s, then I am much less interested as it still won't come close to top stats imho. The first reports are very promissing though. :)
Edited by negura - 10/5/13 at 5:01am
I have the same question. I have listened to both 2 & 3 and prefer the 2. To my ears it is very neutral in that it sounds a lot like my high end home theater. What differences would this "neutral" phone have? I am interested in the XC as an upgrade from my Thunderpants.
An LCD 2 isn't neutral. An example of some neutral headphones would be the Sennheiser 598, Fostex T50 rp Paradox or the KEF M500. I discuss what neutrality is about in my Paradox video review below. The LCD 2 is a warm headphone with slightly elevated bass.
I already think the LCD3 is the most neutral headphone I have heard, maybe just a hair too bassy in some set ups. So I am pretty curious what Jude means by more neutral. I am even more curious if the LCD-XC maintains a decent soundstage w/ closed back when IME the LCD3's sound stage is already a bit too narrow.
Edited by squallkiercosa - 10/6/13 at 1:50pm
I bet it's a supply and demand thing, so if people start selling off their LCD2 or 3 to get the X, then used prices will have to drop to be competitive. If they keep their 2 or 3 because the X does actually sound significantly different then I would bet the used prices would stay the same. Who knows though, I'm no economist
IMO, not the 2s, but maybe the 3s? if the X is in fact better. If the X is judged not to be better but different, then maybe not. But a lot of people who can afford the LCD-3 can also afford to own both without selling.
- Audeze LCD-X
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 28 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 43 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - AUNE AUDIO S16 - Single box DAC and Headphone Amplifier. 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › Keep HD650 or HD700 8 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2