or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-X - Page 77

post #1141 of 8778

i do love my LCD-3 alot. the LCD-X i don't know if they are worth buying as a replacement, or a complement.

 

but i think i might just sell LCD-3 just to try the X out, i can always sell back and get the 3 again if i don't think its worth it in the long run.


Edited by Dubstep Girl - 11/12/13 at 8:10pm
post #1142 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post
 

code PMed :wink_face:

He lied.  There is no code.

post #1143 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

i do love my LCD-3 alot. the LCD-X i don't know if they are worth buying as a replacement, or a complement.

 

but i think i might just sell LCD-3 just to try the X out, i can always sell back and get the 3 again if i don't think its worth it in the long run.

I wish they did the X in wood also - like african blackwood would be nice. 

 

post #1144 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Agreed that the mids of the LCD-3s are a very special thing to behold. But the LCD-X are outstanding headphones in their own right. They're treble presentation with a better sense of air and improved instrumental separation are also very special. Imagine an Audeze headphone with top notch bass and an open sound / balanced that is intoxicating with pretty much any genre you through at it. 

 

Yeah, I already know of a headphone that does this..:wink_face:

post #1145 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Agreed that the mids of the LCD-3s are a very special thing to behold. But the LCD-X are outstanding headphones in their own right. They're treble presentation with a better sense of air and improved instrumental separation are also very special. Imagine an Audeze headphone with top notch bass and an open sound / balanced that is intoxicating with pretty much any genre you through at it. 

Totally agree!

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

Yeah, I already know of a headphone that does this..:wink_face:

Until you hear a better one... :))


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 11/13/13 at 6:45am
post #1146 of 8778
double post
post #1147 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

Until you hear a better one... :))

Which is?

post #1148 of 8778

My LCD-X should be here tomorrow.  I'll try to do a thorough comparison with the LCD-2. It would be nice if it pairs well with the Mjolnir, but I'm open to finding another amp. Why in the world I'm doing this when I'm 99% happy with the LCD-2/Mjolnir is beyond me. Probably because of the worst kept secret on head-fi--no one really wants an end game setup. :evil: 


Edited by Barry S - 11/13/13 at 7:37am
post #1149 of 8778

The entire lineup :beyersmile: Musical bliss.

 

 

Now, what is he looking at :biggrin:

 


Edited by Toxic Cables - 11/13/13 at 8:55am
post #1150 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
 

My LCD-X should be here tomorrow.  I'll try to do a thorough comparison with the LCD-2. It would be nice if it pairs well with the Mjolnir, but I'm open to finding another amp. Why in the world I'm doing this when I'm 99% happy with the LCD-2/Mjolnir is beyond me. Probably because of the worst kept secret on head-fi--no one really wants an end game setup. :evil:

This is my setup as well. I'm renting the LCD-3, and it is set to arrive at the beginning of next month. I've been looking to upgrade to the 3 or X from the 2.2, but not sure which since I still haven't heard either. Eager to see your comparison. I wouldn't be thrilled to need a new amp and dac for every different headphone I decided to buy. :P

post #1151 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

The entire lineup :beyersmile: 

 

 

Now, what is he looking at :biggrin:

 

 

That... headphone. :eek: 

post #1152 of 8778

Yeah... But some very nice cables you have there. :))

 

Seriously: Grats. But how do you like the LCD-Xs vs LCD-3. I believe that's the main question in this thread. :)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

 


Edited by negura - 11/13/13 at 9:01am
post #1153 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

You like the new snakeskin sleeved one :biggrin: 

 

I have only had a quick listen, so would be too quick to make any judgements, i won't get much time for listening till next month.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 11/13/13 at 9:07am
post #1154 of 8778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

You like the new snakeskin sleeved one ;)

 

Do you offer it with special gloves and body armor included?

post #1155 of 8778

Anybody have an idea of where to go to get as close as possible to the LCD-X (in terms of presentation and sound signature) in a lighter HP?  TH900?  I'm tempted to buy them again (the LCD-X) and just relegate myself to lying down with them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum