Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV - Page 3  

post #31 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglycdb View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
But if I had to choose I would take the LCD-X in a heartbeat... just IMO.

 

That's because it's much more flat?

 

That would be part of it yes.  But for me, the LCD-X is also more transparent and revealing.  It pulls away another layer of gear-haze between me and the music.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

The secretive Schiit news isn't just the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil, right?

 

No.  :smile:

post #32 of 361

Wonderful!

post #33 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

I really wish I could say more about dat Schiit, but for now dat Schiit's gotta stay under wraps.  Just one more week...

 

 

The performance is phenomenal.  If you've ever thought to yourself... "I wish I could take the best parts of the LCD-2 and LCD-3 and do a mash-up, leaving out any flaws" - well then that thought is manifested in the LCD-X.

 

 

Well, the LCD-X will in no way make the LCD-3 sound worse.  :D  And the LCD-3 is still a very, very, very enjoyable headphone.

 

But if I had to choose I would take the LCD-X in a heartbeat... just IMO.

 

i find the LCD-3 to have less bass than LCD-2, and i find that it can be a little too dark at times. it'd be nice to get a good balance

post #34 of 361

I am in exactly the same camp. The SR007s are my favorite headphones above all dynamics. Would you say the LCD-Xs improve on soundstaging and imaging as well compared to the LCD-3s? Faster decays? Anyway this is really exciting if it bridges the gap to electrostats more.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

Actually, correction, I would put the LCD-X in my list of top 5 best headphones in the world period... the other four being the Orpheus, SR-007 (which continues to be my personal favorite when paired with the right amp), SR-009 and Abyss.

 


Edited by negura - 10/4/13 at 2:56pm
post #35 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Well, the LCD-X will in no way make the LCD-3 sound worse.  :D  And the LCD-3 is still a very, very, very enjoyable headphone.

 

But if I had to choose I would take the LCD-X in a heartbeat... just IMO.

 

i find the LCD-3 to have less bass than LCD-2, and i find that it can be a little too dark at times. it'd be nice to get a good balance

 

The LCD-X's bass is incredibly well-controlled, I was unexpectedly impressed. 

 

And yes, I am totally with you on the LCD-3 being a bit too dark at times.  I should mention that the new [third-party] LCD cable that I'm field-testing does make the LCD-3 less warm in and of itself.  If you don't want to take the LCD-X plunge just yet, that might be a good alternative.  Lemme check with the powers that be to see when I can start talking about it publicly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

I am in exactly the same camp. The SR007s are my favorite headphones above all dynamics.

 

Yeah right?  For me, the SR-007 MkI - again with the right amp - is phenomenally good.  :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

Would you say the LCD-X improves on soundstaging and imaging as well compared to the LCD-3s?

 

Without a doubt.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

Faster decays?

 

OMG yes!

post #36 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

The LCD-X's bass is incredibly well-controlled, I was unexpectedly impressed. 

 

And yes, I am totally with you on the LCD-3 being a bit too dark at times.  I should mention that the new [third-party] LCD cable that I'm field-testing does make the LCD-3 less warm in and of itself.  If you don't want to take the LCD-X plunge just yet, that might be a good alternative.  Lemme check with the powers that be to see when I can start talking about it publicly.

 

 

 

any word on release date for the new headphones or is that still secret? i'd probably be more interested in just buying it if its well received at RMAF. i really like how the open version looks in the pic.

post #37 of 361

Awesome video as usual Jude. 

 

 

Would love to make it to CanJam one day. Looking forward to the release of the Audez'e.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 10/4/13 at 3:16pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

post #38 of 361

Hmm, I've heard a date, but I should double check on that before I say anything.  I'll have to get back to you on that.  :smile:

post #39 of 361

1) So if these LCD-X are so extremely great, are the LCD-3 going to be discontinued and LCD-2's price lowered?

2) Construction, weight, pads and headband look pretty much the same as with previous Audeze products = very impractical and uncomfortable... Or am I wrong?

3) How come that Audeze are releasing THAT revolutionary product after so short period of time? Only 2 years after LCD-3?

post #40 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

Wow, this is quite a cornucopia of updates Jude!  :eek:  And at 40 minutes final cut, I can only imagine how much work went into the prep and filming of it!  Excellent video man, and easily the most thrilling this year (with the possible exception of the Alpha Dog announcement).  :smile:

:beerchug:

 


 

Okay, so now that it's been announced, I don't have to be so freakin' tight lipped about it.  :D  Listen up you guys, the LCD-X is no mere revision to the LCD-2 and LCD-3.  There is a reason why it is named with a letter instead of being given the moniker of LCD-4.  Based on my audition, even at pre-production voicing, it is nothing less than a generational breakthrough in terms of sonic performance.

 

If you've been on the fence about going to CanJam 2013, just make your last-minute plans already.  That's probably going to be your first chance to hear (and order) the LCD-X.  How good is the LCD-X?  I would put this in my list of the top 5 best production headphones in the world (including stats).  Actually, correction, I would put the LCD-X in my list of top 5 best headphones in the world period... the other four being the Orpheus, SR-007 (which continues to be my personal favorite when paired with the right amp), SR-009 and Abyss.

 

And within it's price range, the LCD-X is easily the most revealing, accurate, transparent and (oddly enough because of its neutral voicing) emotive headphone out there.  If you care about headphone fidelity, you should experience this. Because this thing essentially takes the bar, and shoves it up everyone else's ass.

 

I've also been field testing a new LCD cable, which will soon be announced as well.  And while I have not heard this new cable in conjunction with the LCD-X, I feel safe in assuming that it will become the definitive LCD-X cable for me and many others... simply based upon what it has done for the LCD-3 (over a Cardas Clear cable mind you).

 


 

Oh, and that thing that Jude said about how Schiit might have some other surprises as well?  That is going to be incredibly - actually, I can't talk about that just yet.  :(  But seriously, go to CanJam, just go.

When I have time I'll post in-depth about my feelings regarding the sonic excellence of LCD-X AND LCD-XC (since I loved the LCD-XC as well when I heard it).

But, both @warrenpchi and I have been DYING to share our enthusiasm for the LCD-X!

 

Warren has, however, stated almost precisely how I feel about the LCD-X thus far!  And he did quite an eloquent job at that!

More of my impressions to come - just have to head out for work...  But I MUST say that @warrenpchi NAILED it when he speaks of the LCD-X's ability to strip

away the BS, and connect you to the emotive power of the music (which is what matters most to me) - I have often called it "emotive transference" for lack of

a better description.  But when I listened to Donny Hathaway's "A Song For You" on the LCD-X I literally lost it and busted out in tears.  It's a very moving song,

and I've only reacted that way when listening to a couple of larger, in-room reference systems, and my LCD3's + E.A.R HP4 tube headphone amp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

So much praise for the LCD-X, how about the LCD-XC?  The secretive Schiit news isn't just the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil, right?  Everybody knows about those already.

the secretive Schiit is, well...

all I can say at this point is that it's another triumph for them in many ways - and the thought that went into it,

what we got to see (@warrenpchi and I) impressed us enough that we couldn't stop talking to each other about it!

 

Hmmmmmm

Next week!!

post #41 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

1) So if these LCD-X are so extremely great, are the LCD-3 going to be discontinued and LCD-2's price lowered?

 

No idea.  Does it matter though?  Sound = good = take my money.  That is our Bushido code.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

2) Construction, weight, pads and headband look pretty much the same as with previous Audeze products = very impractical and uncomfortable... Or am I wrong?

 

You know what's strange?  Despite these supposedly being heavier than the LCD-3, I found them noticeably more comfortable.  I think they lessened the clamping force or something, because it definitely felt better on my noggin than the LCD-3.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

3) How come that Audeze are releasing THAT revolutionary product after so short period of time? Only 2 years after LCD-3?

 

Um, because it's ready now?  I dunno really.  But I can tell you one thing.  If I found out that such a thing was ready now... and it was just sitting there doing nothing for the sake artificially extending another product's lifetime, I'D BE PISSED!

post #42 of 361

LCD-X??? LCD-XC???? JH Roxanne????????

 

Which do I begin with???

post #43 of 361
I began with rejecting such things exist. Now I'm just crying along with my wallet.
post #44 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

LCD-X??? LCD-XC???? JH Roxanne????????

 

Which do I begin with???

 

As with any soup-or-salad question, the right answer is always yes.  Remember you don't have to accept the limiting premise of the question.  :D  Probably want to toss a coin between the LCD-X and the Roxanne though.

post #45 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

1) So if these LCD-X are so extremely great, are the LCD-3 going to be discontinued and LCD-2's price lowered?

2) Construction, weight, pads and headband look pretty much the same as with previous Audeze products = very impractical and uncomfortable... Or am I wrong?

3) How come that Audeze are releasing THAT revolutionary product after so short period of time? Only 2 years after LCD-3?

 

to your #1: I'm honestly not sure, as are any of us.  However, I don't see the LCD-3 going ANYWHERE (especially with its wide acceptance in the pro-studio world as well now)

and the LCD2 is their legacy product.  So I think both are safe.  Just my thoughts, but I know the team there really well.

 

to your #2: I've never had a comfort issue w/ my LCD2 or LCD3 actually, so I know I might be an anomaly (I also use what I call the "vegan headband" - the non-leather one as

I find the clamping force to be FAR less).  I can wear, and have, my LCD3's for more than 12 hours without break.  However, @warrenpchi and I are of the same opinion again

here with regard to the LCD-X's fit.  I found its fight more comfy, and while it may not be lighter on paper, it certainly felt like it when I was listening.

 

to your #3: I wish I could say more.  But lets just say that during their r&d process they had a breakthrough.  

That breakthrough happened recently...  Thus the short period of time


Edited by mikemercer - 10/4/13 at 4:33pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV