Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV - Page 17

post #241 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post

They are being realistic smily_headphones1.gif

 

 

 

Just as realistic when people thought the iBasso DX50 would cost 400-500 and I was labeled wishful for hoping for under 300 price...

 

 

and realistically speaking, why would they price a RP series headphone close to their flagship TH series? RP series to me (and I'm sure to others) is a affordable line of headphones and not something that would cost near 1000...

post #242 of 361

I think it's kind of sad that every new headphone must almost automatically cost at least 500USD to get people excited about... Waiting for the SR-009 becoming mid-fi.

post #243 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

 

 

Just as realistic when people thought the iBasso DX50 would cost 400-500 and I was labeled wishful for hoping for under 300 price...

 

 

and realistically speaking, why would they price a RP series headphone close to their flagship TH series? RP series to me (and I'm sure to others) is a affordable line of headphones and not something that would cost near 1000...

 

We'll see :)

post #244 of 361

:popcorn:

post #245 of 361

The RP series has traditionally been a lower-cost monitor-style headphone. I expect them to put out a capable monitor can in the $100 range with updated looks, bringing their staple product out of the 80s.

post #246 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post
 

The RP series has traditionally been a lower-cost monitor-style headphone. I expect them to put out a capable monitor can in the $100 range with updated looks, bringing their staple product out of the 80s.

 

 

+1

post #247 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

 

 

Damn it guys, stop hoping for expensive **** that I can't afford :frown:

me too!!

 

:confused_face_2:

post #248 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

I think it's kind of sad that every new headphone must almost automatically cost at least 500USD to get people excited about... Waiting for the SR-009 becoming mid-fi.

 

You'll be waiting a while...

post #249 of 361

Since 1960 Stats have been way ahead of anything else :veryevil:  

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post
 

 

You'll be waiting a while...

post #250 of 361

Having just taken a huge step up in class to buy a pair of HE-500s, I almost had a panic attack when I saw the non-wooded LCD in the back-right of the Audez'e segment and thought Jude was getting ready to show a new HE-500 competitor.  Literally breathed a sigh of relief when the price was finally mentioned.

 

My own selfish reaction aside, if they really are developing higher-efficiency planar drivers like Jude mentioned for the XC, it would make a lot of sense for Audez'e to release their equivalent of an HE-500/400 up in the $600-$700 range to compete with the HE-500 and soak up some more of that 'high-mid-fi' market share.  Maybe next year.

post #251 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by complin View Post
 

 

On the other hand, 'stat technology has progressed at a slower rate than dynamic and planar tech.

post #252 of 361

Hi, Jude:  I was registered to attend RMAF again this year, but got sick and had to cancel.  Thank you so much for above sneak preview; at least in viewing your video, I got to see some of the great gear that will be shown.  Hopefully, I will be there at next year's show.

I also want to say that I had the pleasure of chatting with you at last year's show and I must say, you are just as nice in person as you appear to be on the forum!

Thanks again for this excellent video

 

Don

post #253 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

No comment.  wink.gif   And that's the last thing I'm gonna say (or not say). 


Bingo!  smile.gif   Not sure it was obvious, but the new LCD-X is not a wood model.  Wood, especially premium wood, especially premium zebrawood (or bamboo, or whatever) is EXPENSIVE!
Bamboo is not expensive. It's abundant and cheap. But it is also very strong!
post #254 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

Bamboo is not expensive. It's abundant and cheap. But it is also very strong!
but its always more expensive to manufactur then that plastic/metal thats used for the llcd-x right? wink.gif
And i saw someone posting stax is always been on top since 1960? I hope u meant mostly because they are hugely overpriced? Their price (especially 007/009) are priced to high..and on top of that u have to invest multi thousands into a propietary amp.. But i have to admit,,if money was no concern for me i probably would get myself a 009 with a blue hawaii to go with it biggrin.gif Oh daydreaming feels so good.. tongue.gif
Dot get me wrong..the upper models of stax are wonderfull...pity they are so extremely. Expensive..
post #255 of 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

No comment.  wink.gif   And that's the last thing I'm gonna say (or not say). 

Bingo!  smile.gif   Not sure it was obvious, but the new LCD-X is not a wood model.  Wood, especially premium wood, especially premium zebrawood (or bamboo, or whatever) is EXPENSIVE!

 

Bamboo is not expensive. It's abundant and cheap. But it is also very strong!

 

Yes, but as hifimanrookie pointed out, it's not just a matter of the material, but of labor and processing.  Stamping out - or cold pressing - a piece of metal is going to be far faster and cheaper than hand turning/boring a chunk of bamboo.  :smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV