The GCHA arrives quickly and set it up. I instantly note there is more presence and detail than with my Asgard(gen1) as to be expected for the appreciable MSRP differences. No buyers remorse, happy as a clam.
So, why don't I just sell off the A1 and be happy? Well, I might as well use this opportunity to sell the stack and pick up a great DAC that I normally wouldn't have been able to justify. I just don't have enough experience with DACs to know the best decision.
I've gathered some first round choices, and want advise and suggestions:
1) Keep the Bifrost and upgrade to the UberFrost
2) Replace Bifrost with PS Audio Nuwave DAC (big upgrade price for me)
3) Replace Bifrost with an Audio GD DAC (local friend's suggestion)
4) Replace with (insert audience participation)
5) Sell everything and buy more Whisk(e)y! (Har-har, not happening, but always tempted!)
Someone else suggested replacing the Bifrost with a Matrix Mini-i (since it has balanced out that pairs with the GCHA, but I figure, if I sell off equipment, I should upgrade into the next appreciable level and not float around in a similar tier.
Please note, I am not biased toward or against any brands, but I am a sucker for aesthetics. So if all things are equal, I tend to lean towards the purdy... I know, I am vain. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, comments, help, or suggestions you can provide!