Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCreativetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mictagged by kjk1281, 11/5/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/13
- productCreative Aurvana Platinum Wired/Wireless Headset with 50mm Drivers, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC and Built-In Microphonetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods Last post on 11/9/14 at 7:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana new range of headphones to be released! Last post on 11/10/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Creative Headphones Last post on 9/8/13 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Have a Creative Xmod + Creative HQ-1600, should I upgrade to Auvana Live? Last post on 1/3/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Creative Aurvana Live! 2 - Page 25post #361 of 4424/24/14 at 7:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 4425/6/14 at 3:12pmQuote:
Ordered the pads for 17$.
Hope it won't take long for them to reach Europe :)
Bought them from mp4nationpost #363 of 4425/6/14 at 3:14pmpost #364 of 4425/7/14 at 6:29ampost #365 of 4425/7/14 at 10:07amQuote:
Absolutely. The difference is quite surprising. Less bloat, more comfortable with a lovely rich sound.
The pads I found were designed for StudioSpare M1000 headphones, which is essentially the same thing. They're oval so a bit of a stretch on one side, since the cups are round. However, they do go on although I couldn't get the lip of the pads into the groove - too big. So i stretched them right out onto the cups and made a little hole where the plug goes in.
The sound is WAY better.post #366 of 4425/7/14 at 11:37ampost #367 of 4425/7/14 at 3:59pmpost #368 of 4425/19/14 at 3:35am
Just received my HM5 pads!
They fit perfectly. The bass tightened up, and eliminated the bloat that was there before. They are big, so much more comfortable.
Also, I think the soundstage widened a bit, since the pads are deeper.
Overall, a must have mod for 17$post #369 of 4425/19/14 at 4:19ampost #370 of 4425/23/14 at 3:07am
just ordered my pair of HM5 pads...
But I'm still looking for velour pads for the CAL2!
Will the "Beyerdynamic EDT 250 V Velour Ear Pads" fit?
or maybe the Shure 840 pads, because they fit on the HM5, so maybe they will also fit on the CAL2
or is there a better option?
Ayone with velour pads on the CAL here?
I know that the sound might be influenced, but otherwise as soon as it's getting hot here in europe the next weeks, this might be a good option...
Edited by heino69 - 5/23/14 at 4:13ampost #371 of 4425/27/14 at 12:06pm
The Shure 840 pads would be a better fit than they beyer pads I would think. There has to be a little leeway with the pads because the cups are more rounded than oval shaped. It might be a good experiment for someone to try.post #372 of 4426/1/14 at 9:06amQuote:
With the CAL 2? Or original CAL? Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade...:)post #373 of 4426/1/14 at 1:59pmpost #374 of 4426/1/14 at 11:19pm
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 53 seconds ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for an upgrade ! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)