Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCreativetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mictagged by kjk1281, 11/5/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/13
- productCreative Aurvana Platinum Wired/Wireless Headset with 50mm Drivers, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC and Built-In Microphonetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods Last post on 2/19/15 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana new range of headphones to be released! Last post on 11/10/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Creative Headphones Last post on 9/8/13 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Have a Creative Xmod + Creative HQ-1600, should I upgrade to Auvana Live? Last post on 1/3/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Creative Aurvana Live! 2 - Page 25post #361 of 4544/24/14 at 7:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 4545/6/14 at 3:12pmQuote:
Ordered the pads for 17$.
Hope it won't take long for them to reach Europe :)
Bought them from mp4nationpost #363 of 4545/6/14 at 3:14pmpost #364 of 4545/7/14 at 6:29ampost #365 of 4545/7/14 at 10:07amQuote:
Absolutely. The difference is quite surprising. Less bloat, more comfortable with a lovely rich sound.
The pads I found were designed for StudioSpare M1000 headphones, which is essentially the same thing. They're oval so a bit of a stretch on one side, since the cups are round. However, they do go on although I couldn't get the lip of the pads into the groove - too big. So i stretched them right out onto the cups and made a little hole where the plug goes in.
The sound is WAY better.post #366 of 4545/7/14 at 11:37ampost #367 of 4545/7/14 at 3:59pmpost #368 of 4545/19/14 at 3:35am
Just received my HM5 pads!
They fit perfectly. The bass tightened up, and eliminated the bloat that was there before. They are big, so much more comfortable.
Also, I think the soundstage widened a bit, since the pads are deeper.
Overall, a must have mod for 17$post #369 of 4545/19/14 at 4:19ampost #370 of 4545/23/14 at 3:07am
just ordered my pair of HM5 pads...
But I'm still looking for velour pads for the CAL2!
Will the "Beyerdynamic EDT 250 V Velour Ear Pads" fit?
or maybe the Shure 840 pads, because they fit on the HM5, so maybe they will also fit on the CAL2
or is there a better option?
Ayone with velour pads on the CAL here?
I know that the sound might be influenced, but otherwise as soon as it's getting hot here in europe the next weeks, this might be a good option...
Edited by heino69 - 5/23/14 at 4:13ampost #371 of 4545/27/14 at 12:06pm
The Shure 840 pads would be a better fit than they beyer pads I would think. There has to be a little leeway with the pads because the cups are more rounded than oval shaped. It might be a good experiment for someone to try.post #372 of 4546/1/14 at 9:06amQuote:
With the CAL 2? Or original CAL? Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade...:)post #373 of 4546/1/14 at 1:59pmpost #374 of 4546/1/14 at 11:19pm
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 48 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › Schematics Darkvoice 336se - non working unit 5 minutes ago
- › Just arrived! Pioneer Monitor 10 (with pictures) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure 846 vs. JH Roxanne's 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3