Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCreativetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mictagged by kjk1281, 11/5/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/13
- productCreative Aurvana Platinum Wired/Wireless Headset with 50mm Drivers, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC and Built-In Microphonetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods Last post on 10/13/15 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana new range of headphones to be released! Last post on 11/10/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Creative Headphones Last post on 9/8/13 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Have a Creative Xmod + Creative HQ-1600, should I upgrade to Auvana Live? Last post on 1/3/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 12/16/15 at 7:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
overall great headphone at its price.
Creative Aurvana Live! 2 - Page 25post #361 of 5404/24/14 at 7:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 5405/6/14 at 3:12pmQuote:
Ordered the pads for 17$.
Hope it won't take long for them to reach Europe :)
Bought them from mp4nationpost #363 of 5405/6/14 at 3:14pmpost #364 of 5405/7/14 at 6:29ampost #365 of 5405/7/14 at 10:07amQuote:
Absolutely. The difference is quite surprising. Less bloat, more comfortable with a lovely rich sound.
The pads I found were designed for StudioSpare M1000 headphones, which is essentially the same thing. They're oval so a bit of a stretch on one side, since the cups are round. However, they do go on although I couldn't get the lip of the pads into the groove - too big. So i stretched them right out onto the cups and made a little hole where the plug goes in.
The sound is WAY better.post #366 of 5405/7/14 at 11:37ampost #367 of 5405/7/14 at 3:59pmpost #368 of 5405/19/14 at 3:35am
Just received my HM5 pads!
They fit perfectly. The bass tightened up, and eliminated the bloat that was there before. They are big, so much more comfortable.
Also, I think the soundstage widened a bit, since the pads are deeper.
Overall, a must have mod for 17$post #369 of 5405/19/14 at 4:19ampost #370 of 5405/23/14 at 3:07am
just ordered my pair of HM5 pads...
But I'm still looking for velour pads for the CAL2!
Will the "Beyerdynamic EDT 250 V Velour Ear Pads" fit?
or maybe the Shure 840 pads, because they fit on the HM5, so maybe they will also fit on the CAL2
or is there a better option?
Ayone with velour pads on the CAL here?
I know that the sound might be influenced, but otherwise as soon as it's getting hot here in europe the next weeks, this might be a good option...
Edited by heino69 - 5/23/14 at 4:13ampost #371 of 5405/27/14 at 12:06pm
The Shure 840 pads would be a better fit than they beyer pads I would think. There has to be a little leeway with the pads because the cups are more rounded than oval shaped. It might be a good experiment for someone to try.post #372 of 5406/1/14 at 9:06amQuote:
With the CAL 2? Or original CAL? Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade...:)post #373 of 5406/1/14 at 1:59pmpost #374 of 5406/1/14 at 11:19pm
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Home-Made IEMs 9 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser IE800 with RCS800 Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 4 minutes ago
- › [Impression] S.M.S.L SD-793II Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse