Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCreativetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mictagged by kjk1281, 11/5/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/13
- productCreative Aurvana Platinum Wired/Wireless Headset with 50mm Drivers, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC and Built-In Microphonetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods Last post on Today at 4:27 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana new range of headphones to be released! Last post on 11/10/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Creative Headphones Last post on 9/8/13 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Have a Creative Xmod + Creative HQ-1600, should I upgrade to Auvana Live? Last post on 1/3/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Creative Aurvana Live! 2 - Page 25post #361 of 4154/24/14 at 7:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 4155/6/14 at 3:12pmQuote:
Ordered the pads for 17$.
Hope it won't take long for them to reach Europe :)
Bought them from mp4nationpost #363 of 4155/6/14 at 3:14pmpost #364 of 4155/7/14 at 6:29ampost #365 of 4155/7/14 at 10:07amQuote:
Absolutely. The difference is quite surprising. Less bloat, more comfortable with a lovely rich sound.
The pads I found were designed for StudioSpare M1000 headphones, which is essentially the same thing. They're oval so a bit of a stretch on one side, since the cups are round. However, they do go on although I couldn't get the lip of the pads into the groove - too big. So i stretched them right out onto the cups and made a little hole where the plug goes in.
The sound is WAY better.post #366 of 4155/7/14 at 11:37ampost #367 of 4155/7/14 at 3:59pmpost #368 of 4155/19/14 at 3:35am
Just received my HM5 pads!
They fit perfectly. The bass tightened up, and eliminated the bloat that was there before. They are big, so much more comfortable.
Also, I think the soundstage widened a bit, since the pads are deeper.
Overall, a must have mod for 17$post #369 of 4155/19/14 at 4:19ampost #370 of 4155/23/14 at 3:07am
just ordered my pair of HM5 pads...
But I'm still looking for velour pads for the CAL2!
Will the "Beyerdynamic EDT 250 V Velour Ear Pads" fit?
or maybe the Shure 840 pads, because they fit on the HM5, so maybe they will also fit on the CAL2
or is there a better option?
Ayone with velour pads on the CAL here?
I know that the sound might be influenced, but otherwise as soon as it's getting hot here in europe the next weeks, this might be a good option...
Edited by heino69 - 5/23/14 at 4:13ampost #371 of 4155/27/14 at 12:06pm
The Shure 840 pads would be a better fit than they beyer pads I would think. There has to be a little leeway with the pads because the cups are more rounded than oval shaped. It might be a good experiment for someone to try.post #372 of 4156/1/14 at 9:06amQuote:
With the CAL 2? Or original CAL? Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade...:)post #373 of 4156/1/14 at 1:59pmpost #374 of 4156/1/14 at 11:19pm
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 23 seconds ago
- › Sylvania 7236 37 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)