Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCreativetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mictagged by kjk1281, 11/5/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/13
- productCreative Aurvana Platinum Wired/Wireless Headset with 50mm Drivers, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC and Built-In Microphonetagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by Quaresma, 12/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Review and Mods Last post on 2/19/15 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana new range of headphones to be released! Last post on 11/10/13 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Creative Headphones Last post on 9/8/13 at 10:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Have a Creative Xmod + Creative HQ-1600, should I upgrade to Auvana Live? Last post on 1/3/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fiio X3 V2 World Tour 2015, UK. Let me begin by saying that this Fiio X3 v2 is on lend to me for a short time as part of the world tour of 2015, the unit does not belong to me and I have no...
One day before a long trip I found out that my earbuds was blown out, so I went to one near store to find some quick replacement, then I choose these because there was none of my...
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
Creative Aurvana Live! 2 - Page 25post #361 of 4564/24/14 at 7:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #362 of 4565/6/14 at 3:12pmQuote:
Ordered the pads for 17$.
Hope it won't take long for them to reach Europe :)
Bought them from mp4nationpost #363 of 4565/6/14 at 3:14pmpost #364 of 4565/7/14 at 6:29ampost #365 of 4565/7/14 at 10:07amQuote:
Absolutely. The difference is quite surprising. Less bloat, more comfortable with a lovely rich sound.
The pads I found were designed for StudioSpare M1000 headphones, which is essentially the same thing. They're oval so a bit of a stretch on one side, since the cups are round. However, they do go on although I couldn't get the lip of the pads into the groove - too big. So i stretched them right out onto the cups and made a little hole where the plug goes in.
The sound is WAY better.post #366 of 4565/7/14 at 11:37ampost #367 of 4565/7/14 at 3:59pmpost #368 of 4565/19/14 at 3:35am
Just received my HM5 pads!
They fit perfectly. The bass tightened up, and eliminated the bloat that was there before. They are big, so much more comfortable.
Also, I think the soundstage widened a bit, since the pads are deeper.
Overall, a must have mod for 17$post #369 of 4565/19/14 at 4:19ampost #370 of 4565/23/14 at 3:07am
just ordered my pair of HM5 pads...
But I'm still looking for velour pads for the CAL2!
Will the "Beyerdynamic EDT 250 V Velour Ear Pads" fit?
or maybe the Shure 840 pads, because they fit on the HM5, so maybe they will also fit on the CAL2
or is there a better option?
Ayone with velour pads on the CAL here?
I know that the sound might be influenced, but otherwise as soon as it's getting hot here in europe the next weeks, this might be a good option...
Edited by heino69 - 5/23/14 at 4:13ampost #371 of 4565/27/14 at 12:06pm
The Shure 840 pads would be a better fit than they beyer pads I would think. There has to be a little leeway with the pads because the cups are more rounded than oval shaped. It might be a good experiment for someone to try.post #372 of 4566/1/14 at 9:06amQuote:
With the CAL 2? Or original CAL? Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade...:)post #373 of 4566/1/14 at 1:59pmpost #374 of 4566/1/14 at 11:19pm
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 23 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 34 seconds ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 51 seconds ago
- › 32 OHM Headphone advice please. 52 seconds ago
- › Need recommendations for Over The Ear Headphones + Amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2