Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Which Set Up works best for Surround Gaming ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which Set Up works best for Surround Gaming ?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Razer Surround App (Software Effects) ---> E17 ---> A700x/DT990/HD598

 

 

Xonar U3 (Dolby/Effects) (SPDIF out) ---> (SPDIF in) E17 ---> A700x/DT990/HD598

 

 

Creative X-Fi Go! (CMSS-3D/Effects) (Stereo Jack out) ---> (Aux in) E17 ---> A700x/DT990/HD598

 

 

Razer Surround App (Software Effects) ---> Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (Effects) (SPDIF out) ---> (SPDIF in) E17 --->  A700x/DT990/HD598

 

 

Razer Surround App (Software Effects) ---> Realtek HD On-Board (Effects) (SPDIF out) --> (SPDIF in) E17 --->  A700x/DT990/HD598


Edited by Sam21 - 10/3/13 at 4:59pm
post #2 of 6

Razer Surround  ---> Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro --> (SPDIF) E17 --->  A700x/DT990/HD598

 

id say this, but i dont know much about Razer

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
 

Razer Surround App (Software Effects) ---> E17 ---> A700x/DT990/HD598

Xonar U3 (Dolby/Effects) (SPDIF out) ---> (SPDIF in) E17 ---> A700x/DT990/HD598

Creative X-Fi Go! (CMSS-3D/Effects) (Stereo Jack out) ---> (Aux in) E17 ---> A700x/DT990/HD598

Razer Surround App (Software Effects) ---> Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (Effects) (SPDIF out) ---> (SPDIF in) E17 --->  A700x/DT990/HD598

Razer Surround App (Software Effects) ---> Realtek HD On-Board (Effects) (SPDIF out) --> (SPDIF in) E17 --->  A700x/DT990/HD598

There is a chance that the Razer uses Dolby Pro Logic or Dolby Headphone or CMSS-3D or THX TruStudio Pro or SBX Pro Studio for Headphone Surround Sound.

 

I would think the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 would be the best choice for FPS gaming.

But it's really light bass is a turn off for music and movies.

The Sennheiser HD558 is only $130, Amazon.


Edited by PurpleAngel - 10/4/13 at 7:34am
post #4 of 6

Dedicated surround processor over razer surround app any day. I vote for u3.

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

There is a chance that the Razer uses Dolby Pro Logic or Dolby Headphone or CMSS-3D or THX TruStudio Pro or SBX Pro Studio for Headphone Surround Sound.

 

I would think the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 would be the best choice for FPS gaming.

But it's really light bass is a turn off for music and movies.

The Sennheiser HD558 is only $130, Amazon.

 

The Razer software effects is the software version of the Maelstrom Audio engine used in the Razer Megalodon's sound card.

Maelstrom Audio Engine

Maelstrom Audio Engine

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
 

 

The Razer software effects is the software version of the Maelstrom Audio engine used in the Razer Megalodon's sound card.

Maelstrom Audio Engine

Maelstrom Audio Engine

Just checked the reviews, sounds like that Maelstrom audio engine is better then the others.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Which Set Up works best for Surround Gaming ?