Ok, I am looking for price point options to see if actually jumping up a few hundred will make that much of a improvement.
Music: Everything, from Metal to industrial to rap, rock, mambo. If it hits hard and has a kickass beat I am down. vbr mp3 to flac mostly.
Source : linux desktop, Win7 laptop, nexus 4 and ipod touch.
Headphones: Senn. HD600 and Westone 4r.
What I am looking at. Price points from 200 to 1000.00 USD.
1. Schiit Audio magi, modi combo. lots of good reviews low price point.
2. Alo Audio Pan-AM amp dac combo with gateway lots of good reviews also. mid higher depending on gateway.
3. Centrance HIfi-M8 amp dac combo, portable and desktop developed with help from here from all I have read lots of steller reviews
4. Cypher labs Theorem 720 dac amp combo, lots of good very pricey but portable and desktop. Again good reviews.
5. Schiit audio Bifrost and lyr. Again schiit lots of good reviews. but borderline 1000.00 + depending on options.
6. Rsa lots of options prices all over the place. lots a kickass reivews but the intergated dacs all 16bit. nothing 24bit that I have read about for Dac amp combo's.
Please let me know if the low end Magi Modi combo would give best bang or is there a huge difference jumping up to the 1,000.00 mark. Is there anything else I should be looking at? I don't mind if it is all desktop.