I tried to put as much info as I could in the thread title... I'm looking for a pair of headphones in the price range up to $170 (if you have a recommendation that costs a few quid more... please shoot! Price isn't the absolute deal maker or breaker). I have a rather small and narrow head, and besides that, my ears are just a bit bigger than average :)
Checking some other threads here for folks with a smaller-than-average head, I stumbled upon:
JVC HA-S500 (which do look waaaay too big according to this pic : http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/92/350x700px-LL-92fdb15d_IMG_0053.jpeg)
Koss Porta Pro (I have to confess I don't like the design all too much)
Sennheiser HD439 (maybe as big as the JVC as mentioned above?)
- headphones will be used 90% of the time for listening while working on a PC/MacBook. Co-worker is located at 3-4 feet, so preferably well isolated headphones. I don't want to bother other people with my music.
- I don't plan on listening on max volume (see above, co-worker..)
- I probably won't listen/wear headphones more than 2 hours (max) straight
- my musical taste covers the whole spectrum from classical over rock and folk to all kinds of electronic
- I'm not all too familiar with all sorts and types of headphones, and the appropriate lingo for them, but I do like a relatively slim fit, which is likely referred to as 'portable', right? I have no plans on producing the next Neil Young album in a studio, if that helps.
On a sidenote: I do like a well balanced sound, i.e. nice on low-mid-high, and not the kind of headphones with an all too overpowered, wobbly fluffy bass that dominates all the rest. But I do like bass, so no flat sound either :)
What would you recommend? I highly appreciate all your suggestions!
Thanks in advance,
Edited by Dreadzone - 10/3/13 at 3:02pm