Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 56

post #826 of 9805
Hi bhazard, did you get your pistons from ibuygou? I just brought them because all the praise from iemagnet, so if they don't live up to the hype it's all his fault, lol tongue.gif
post #827 of 9805
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

Hi bhazard, did you get your pistons from ibuygou? I just brought them because all the praise from iemagnet, so if they don't live up to the hype it's all his fault, lol tongue.gif

It's no one's fault ever. Whatever one person likes, another may hate.

 

Mine should be arriving later today.

post #828 of 9805

Does some store still offer professional version B3?

post #829 of 9805

OK, got a pick up note for my Piston's today, it was a reminder! They actually arrived at my local post office January 2'nd, not bad but I missed the original pick up note for som reason.......

 

Initial impression are terrible as expected, thank you fro the heads up IEMagnet. If I was not warned I would have been very disapointed.

 

Visual the have all the signs of being genuine. Beside never sending me a tracking number all worked out fine from Ibuygou so I would not hesitate to recommend buying from them. As a matter of fact if they turn out to be as good as people say I will probably order a second pair from them at $19 with the free snail mail:beyersmile:

 

Now burn in!

post #830 of 9805
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaluu View Post
 


Is there anything on the box or phones itself to distinguish if it's the pro version?  

Nope. Nothing at all.

 

They only offer 1 version of the Havi now, which is a new tuning with boosted bass, nice mids, and rolled off treble it seems. Until I know what it sounds like, I cannot recommend if it is as nice as the original tuning I have. The original pro tuning is almost reference flat, which I love.

post #831 of 9805

Hopefully, I get lucky and they send me the professional version.

post #832 of 9805

I'm not sure at all there were two versions of the B3.

Every day I use the Audeo on gray filters and CA Pro330s (studio ciem), so Havi are for me a little too dark. For others, not necessarily.

 

And I changed standard ear tips to biflange from old SoundMAGIC PL30 - the sound is brighter and more open (for me definitely better). Comfort is also improved.

 

 

post #833 of 9805
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inszy View Post
 

I'm not sure at all there were two versions of the B3.

Every day I use the Audeo on gray filters and CA Pro330s (studio ciem), so Havi are for me a little too dark. For others, not necessarily.

 

And I changed standard ear tips to biflange from old SoundMAGIC PL30 - the sound is brighter and more open (for me definitely better). Comfort is also improved.

 

 

 

There were. The description originally mentioned the two versions specifically and how they differed in sound. Now they made it into only 1 version with a tweaked tuning.

post #834 of 9805

Maybe it was just a description (or plans), but Havi never actually released two versions of B3, which explains the absence of indications.

After replacing the ear tips I do not feel really bass boost (definitely less then Adagio II).

post #835 of 9805
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inszy View Post
 

Maybe it was just a description (or plans), but Havi never actually released two versions of B3, which explains the absence of indications.

After replacing the ear tips I do not feel really bass boost (definitely less then Adagio II).

They absolutely had two tunings to choose from as of 11/22/13 when I bought them. They offered the professional tuning (described as more transparent, layered, and requiring a nice dac/amp for best results), and the "enhanced" tuning at the time, which they said had strong relaxed bass, forward vocals, and was the "seller recommends" version.

 

They no longer offer this. Now it is just the one tuning they describe. Anyone who has seen the listing prior to this month can back me up on that, and I have no incentive or care to lie about such a thing.

 

I have all 3 versions on the way anyway, so I'll be able to spot any differences. Mine barely have more bass than the RE-400, it just extends lower, so I can already assume they are different. It doesn't have any boost or boom whatsoever.

 

I'm afraid that they may have just kept the "enhanced" version as the only one they are selling now, which is disappointing.

 

Here's an older evaluation:

"Purchased the professional version, to be fair headset package two days almost over 20 hours and then audition, three sound balance. And MX500 3H on hand, MX985, IE80 contrast, although we can not say under these three can PK stopper (MX500 3H treble, MX985 Alto, IE80 treble is an advantage.), But the overall tone is better than these three three plugs. Overall review, three sound balance, treble is not too bright and elegant, clear and sweet tenor vocals sound field forward, but not too much is good enough, try the bass go beyond that. Work can also be made more attractive some expect next work."


Edited by bhazard - 1/13/14 at 10:39am
post #836 of 9805

Havy probably offered two versions as a marketing strategy. In the end, they decided the enhanced version with the more consumer oriented sound would be the better seller for them. Just my opinion, who knows. 


Edited by kahaluu - 1/13/14 at 11:29am
post #837 of 9805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I have all 3 versions on the way anyway, so I'll be able to spot any differences.

 

In that case, I can't wait for your opinion and description of the differences :)

post #838 of 9805

Is there anyone who owns or owned both the Takstar Pro80 and Edifier H840? Could you please compare them or maybe suggest another closed cans that are worth it? Thanks!

post #839 of 9805
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanzombie View Post

Hi bhazard, did you get your pistons from ibuygou? I just brought them because all the praise from iemagnet, so if they don't live up to the hype it's all his fault, lol tongue.gif

You're gonna love the piston AFTER burn in. Once those Beryllium drivers break in, they SING a beautiful song. Out of the box, they sound pedestrian at best. 

post #840 of 9805
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
 

OK, got a pick up note for my Piston's today, it was a reminder! They actually arrived at my local post office January 2'nd, not bad but I missed the original pick up note for som reason.......

 

Initial impression are terrible as expected, thank you fro the heads up IEMagnet. If I was not warned I would have been very disapointed.

 

Visual the have all the signs of being genuine. Beside never sending me a tracking number all worked out fine from Ibuygou so I would not hesitate to recommend buying from them. As a matter of fact if they turn out to be as good as people say I will probably order a second pair from them at $19 with the free snail mail:beyersmile:

 

Now burn in!

Oh I know. When I put them on after an hour of sine sweeps, I was actually quite down. The Sennheiser CX150 sounded just as good if not better than the Piston. I was ready to cry foul on this thread. But I decided to be patient, since I already had the OM Audio to listen to with my X3. I let them go the customary 24 hours burn in, and like night and day, my friend. The Beryllium driver started to break in, and I was left with a $20.00 IEM that stood toe to toe with my $300 wideband microdriver Trumpets. Now I'm going to do exactly what you're thinking of. I'm ordering a back up set asap. Not because i think they will break, because they are built sturdy, but you never know if I might lose them or have them stolen?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)