Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 401

post #6001 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelroxalot View Post

Ordered my hifimediy sabre android dac to see if my sound will be better from the smartphone and pulled the trigger on ttpod t1e from dx.com. here we go lol


At least in comparison to my Note 2, the output from this android DAC was relatively neutral, very clean without any noticeable coloration.  It's great for feeding audio from your phone into hifi system or car stereo, or into external amp for portable use.  It's Sabre ES9023 DAC chip has a good reputation :)  Btw, I also found it doesn't drain your phone battery too much.

post #6002 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelroxalot View Post


Nonsensical user have, and made a minireview of... And the ttpod? Imbalanced? Dx said something?

DX did not responded yet. I will let you know what they will have to say. And thanks a lot for pointing out the minireview for LINE5 A970. It seems like a quality amplifier, but at the same time, from the review, it does not look like handling the bass very well. And I like bass a lot...

post #6003 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


At least in comparison to my Note 2, the output from this android DAC was relatively neutral, very clean without any noticeable coloration.  It's great for feeding audio from your phone into hifi system or car stereo, or into external amp for portable use.  It's Sabre ES9023 DAC chip has a good reputation :)  Btw, I also found it doesn't drain your phone battery too much.

difference in sound quality ?

post #6004 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelroxalot View Post
 

difference in sound quality ?


 It's all going to be relative to your phone.  Note 2 HO is not that clean.  Definitely not the best routing of the signal where I'm pretty sure it uses a common ground connecting headphone dac and other noisy components in the phone, and it sounds veiled and distorted at higher volume.  With this Android DAC, you get a very clean and clear sound all the way to high volume.  But it will benefit greatly with an amp to add some body to the sound.

post #6005 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


 It's all going to be relative to your phone.  Note 2 HO is not that clean.  Definitely not the best routing of the signal where I'm pretty sure it uses a common ground connecting headphone dac and other noisy components in the phone, and it sounds veiled and distorted at higher volume.  With this Android DAC, you get a very clean and clear sound all the way to high volume.  But it will benefit greatly with an amp to add some body to the sound.

im getting the topping nx1 to do that, my phone its a china one with mtk processor...

post #6006 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
 

aren't you looking at the S5?

Yeah I got so excited and have been reading about the S5 I couldn't get to the site fast enough...I wish it was the S5...    ♫ ♫ ♫

post #6007 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelroxalot View Post
 

im getting the topping nx1 to do that, my phone its a china one with mtk processor...


I thought NX1 already supports OTG USB, connected to your smartphone?  Or maybe I'm mistaken.

post #6008 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post


I thought NX1 already supports OTG USB, connected to your smartphone?  Or maybe I'm mistaken.
i think the topping is only a amp the usb is only for charging... In and out analogical... So smartphone-Dac sabre android- Nx1 - earphone smily_headphones1.gif
post #6009 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelroxalot View Post


i think the topping is only a amp the usb is only for charging... In and out analogical... So smartphone-Dac sabre android- Nx1 - earphone smily_headphones1.gif


Sorry, don't have NX1.  You are right, just looked up the spec, it's an amp only (like E11k).  Sounds like your setup should work great!

 

That DAC is very small, here it is next to my N2:

 

post #6010 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post


Sorry, don't have NX1.  You are right, just looked up the spec, it's an amp only (like E11k).  Sounds like your setup should work great!

That DAC is very small, here it is next to my N2:


So, much more quality sound with sabre or just a little improve?
post #6011 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2u4u View Post

DX did not responded yet. I will let you know what they will have to say. And thanks a lot for pointing out the minireview for LINE5 A970. It seems like a quality amplifier, but at the same time, from the review, it does not look like handling the bass very well. And I like bass a lot...

It won't boost the bass at all, so if you want more bass, I don't think you'll enjoy the amp.
post #6012 of 7873

 

Can anybody identify some model ?

post #6013 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by robervaul View Post
 

 

Spider Realvoice, Fischer Audio Tandem(8.6 in SQ on Joker's scale). Um, Fischer Audio Paradigm v.3 I've heard of.  And then I see some Vsonics down there at the other end.

post #6014 of 7873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelroxalot View Post


So, much more quality sound with sabre or just a little improve?


The results will vary from phone to phone and how it pairs up with your headphones, keep that in mind.  For me, the improvement was somewhere in the middle.  I haven't used it in awhile, but remember it wasn't enough to justify carrying an extra dongle around.  It was more than a little, but not enough to carry this dac connected to Note2/headphones.  But to use it as a tool to connect quality amp - it's a different story, and will be a must have device in your signal chain :)

post #6015 of 7873
Thread Starter 

The XE800 on Taobao for $50 is legit. This is how it comes. On its way as a backup before they are gone.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)