or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 386  

post #5776 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwyly View Post

Got my T1-E a few days ago. Not good so far unfortunately... Looks like mine have pretty much zero bass. Details are OK but honestly not even as good as the pistons.

Tested out of the box and currently at about 30 hours without any significant change in bass. Details have improved sightly and treble seems a bit smoother.

Also note mine came from penon, box says T1 Enhanced on the back side.

Maybe they'll suddenly have bass after more burn in, but it's starting to look like there may be some issues with these things

 

 

Good news everyone!

 

After about 100 hours of burn in, my T1-E have bass now! I may buy another pair from another source for comparison purposes but frankly the change is pretty unbelievable. At 0, 30, and 50 hours they had absolutely nothing in terms of bass. But somewhere between 50 and 100 that all changed. Will have to see if it improves even further with more time, but at this point it's got waaaay more bass than tenore but similar levels of enjoyment.

post #5777 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


The S logo stands for "Shenzhennheiser" 😁

LOL 

post #5778 of 35473

I'm in the market for an IEM upgrade from the Steelseries Flux In-Ear, and I got a recommendation from Ap616 to look at the TTPOD T1-E.

 

I've narrowed down my choices to pretty much this and the JVC HA-FXT90. Can anyone compare the two? Maybe to the Steelseries buds too, if anyone's ever owned them.

 

Thanks!

post #5779 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwyly View Post


Good news everyone!

After about 100 hours of burn in, my T1-E have bass now! I may buy another pair from another source for comparison purposes but frankly the change is pretty unbelievable. At 0, 30, and 50 hours they had absolutely nothing in terms of bass. But somewhere between 50 and 100 that all changed. Will have to see if it improves even further with more time, but at this point it's got waaaay more bass than tenore but similar levels of enjoyment.
Good to hear friend!

They are pretty unbelievable aren't they?
post #5780 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


Good to hear friend!

They are pretty unbelievable aren't they?

Pretty great considering the money. Definitely miles ahead of pistons, but so far I do like the Tenores a bit more. Still not sure whether or not my pair is "normal" due to the previous difficulties though. 

post #5781 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwyly View Post

Pretty great considering the money. Definitely miles ahead of pistons, but so far I do like the Tenores a bit more. Still not sure whether or not my pair is "normal" due to the previous difficulties though. 
when you first got them what source were you using?
post #5782 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


when you first got them what source were you using?

Same source as now, Computer -> E18.

 

Initially I tried straight out of computer, laptop, and cellphone to make sure it wasn't just some weird source-related issue.

post #5783 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwyly View Post

Same source as now, Computer -> E18.

Initially I tried straight out of computer, laptop, and cellphone to make sure it wasn't just some weird source-related issue.
Well I'm just glad they worked out for you. I felt bad hyping the snot out of them talking about the bass and you guys ending up with duds
post #5784 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by altrunox View Post
 

Already pulled the trigger :tongue_smile:

I hope I find then confortable at least, my most complain about IEM to run is the weight of the cable.

The cable on the other hand is quite nice (at least the meelectronic version) and I rather not to talk about SQ to leave it to your own judgement :-). 

 

About

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

^ best not to talk about those particular models as they have logos that are they shouldn't be using.

There's a thin line between similar models and imitations and we: as a community should not support imitations. 

Please add to the list any headphones you think they've been counterefeited and sold. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691594/counterfeited-headphones-list


Edited by squallkiercosa - 8/8/14 at 11:24pm
post #5785 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


Well I'm just glad they worked out for you. I felt bad hyping the snot out of them talking about the bass and you guys ending up with duds


I had no patience to wait for 100hr burn in and bailed out close to 50hr.  Should have my replacement from Penon in a week or so.

 

But from what I understand, you had your bass from the get-go?

post #5786 of 35473

I can't decide between the TTPOD T1-E and the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. Generally, I listen to alternative (Coldplay, M83, OneRepublic, etc) , soundtrack (Hans Zimmer, Disasterpeace, etc) , and post-rock (Moving Mountains, Sigur Ros, etc) and I often use my earphones to watch movies. I enjoy being enveloped by my music, having sub-bass I can feel and highs that aren't too harsh, so people who have/had both, how do they compare? I will be listening unamped via laptop and phone and generally cable down.

post #5787 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by awcamaro View Post
 

I can't decide between the TTPOD T1-E and the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. Generally, I listen to alternative (Coldplay, M83, OneRepublic, etc) , soundtrack (Hans Zimmer, Disasterpeace, etc) , and post-rock (Moving Mountains, Sigur Ros, etc) and I often use my earphones to watch movies. I enjoy being enveloped by my music, having sub-bass I can feel and highs that aren't too harsh, so people who have/had both, how do they compare? I will be listening unamped via laptop and phone and generally cable down.

 

Would you like to buy only one?

If so I wouldn`t buy them, not because o SQ but because quality issues with both models.

Maybe the VSD3 or VSD3S would be a safer choise.

post #5788 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by altrunox View Post
 

 

Would you like to buy only one?

If so I wouldn`t buy them, not because o SQ but because quality issues with both models.

Maybe the VSD3 or VSD3S would be a safer choise.


Yeah I can only pick one up on my budget. I have heard of quality issues with the Tenore's but not so much the Basso's. What quality issues were you talking about specifically?

post #5789 of 35473
Originally Posted by jcwyly View Post
 

 

 

Good news everyone!

 

After about 100 hours of burn in, my T1-E have bass now! I may buy another pair from another source for comparison purposes but frankly the change is pretty unbelievable. At 0, 30, and 50 hours they had absolutely nothing in terms of bass. But somewhere between 50 and 100 that all changed. Will have to see if it improves even further with more time, but at this point it's got waaaay more bass than tenore but similar levels of enjoyment.

Glad to hear! Mine hasn't changed much with burn-in I don't think. But I don't have 50 or 100 hours yet. Mine must be a bassy Tenore, cause my T1-E only have some noticeable bit more. Not waaaay... I agree about similar enjoyment! :smile: Love em' both.

 

Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


I had no patience to wait for 100hr burn in and bailed out close to 50hr.  Should have my replacement from Penon in a week or so.

 

But from what I understand, you had your bass from the get-go?

   Mine had pretty big bass before any burn-in, so I don't know. I liked em' and was impressed from open box!

 

Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Yeah, both X2 and the new Soundmagic are very interesting but we're spoiled with the pace that new great IEM's are released smily_headphones1.gif
Yeah, yay iems lol. That's fine by me as I like them more :D

 

Originally Posted by altrunox View Post

 

 

Would you like to buy only one?

If so I wouldn`t buy them, not because o SQ but because quality issues with both models.

Maybe the VSD3 or VSD3S would be a safer choise.

Tenore quality issues are clear. Bass variance, loose cable/housing issues, volume imbalance. Poorly built.

 

I don't think we can put the TTPOD up there yet man. There is only one possible one so far. If a no/little bass problem with T1-E for the couple people continues on with more individuals, then yes in the future we can definitely. But as of yet we can't jump to, "oh, there is obvious quality issues with these" imho.

post #5790 of 35473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap616 View Post

   Mine had pretty big bass before any burn-in, so I don't know. I liked em' and was impressed from open box!


Tenore quality issues are clear. Bass variance, loose cable/housing issues, volume imbalance. Poorly built.

I don't think we can put the TTPOD up there yet man. There is only one possible one so far. If a no/little bass problem with T1-E for the couple people continues on with more individuals, then yes in the future we can definitely. But as of yet we can't jump to, "oh, there is obvious quality issues with these" imho.

I know the Tenores have quality control issues but have you heard anything about the Basso's? That's the pair I'm looking to get , either that or the T1-E's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)