Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 31

post #451 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

I got mine from the Aliexpress link that bhazard provided and if I remember correctly the shop name is "shen zhen jim" and they sounded real good ..very deep n detailed bass , tad high treble for me ( a little eq will do ) but mid not as prominent as the bass n the high ...overall liking it .

Realised that deep insertion for me works better ...whereas if inserted shallow ...sound quite thin ..also try them with comply foam ( the bass really kick ass man)


Got em from same seller maybe I am not getting a good seal. but right now I like the Cogoos way better.
post #452 of 8208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrocket View Post

Got my KZ-A1 about a week ago a they sound pretty bad compared to the Cogoo and Maya e12. Bass is not deep at all mids are really bad. Starting to wonder if these are authentic? But I used the aliexpress link bhazard gave me.

Might not be authentic, or a bad pair. The bass is absolutely huge on the kz-a1. It's the defining feature, and a basshead iem.

post #453 of 8208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post
 

how many pairs of cheapie iems do you guys have?

I have like 100+ iems and headphones in general. Going to have a huge firesale on them soon. 

post #454 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

I have like 100+ iems and headphones in general. Going to have a huge firesale on them soon. 

And all of these are cheapies?
post #455 of 8208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post


And all of these are cheapies?

Mostly $10 and under, but a bunch between $40-$199 as well, along with an HE-500 as a reference.

 

I feel like there is a big point of diminishing returns over $200, so I tend to focus under that.

 

I still haven't found any headphone or IEM that can compare to my DIY speakers. None have provided the same experience or flat reference SQ. I'd probably have to move up to $1,000+ customs, but to spend more on an earphone than I did building the speakers is absurd.

post #456 of 8208
Rha ma750 or gr07 mk2 are flat response cant go work with one or the other biggrin.gif
post #457 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

how many pairs of cheapie iems do you guys have?

About 40+ modtly under USD10 and about a third of those from USD 20 to 50.

Got to share this with me watch collection ...spending above that for me imho doesnt justify the joy that i will gain from it.
That is not to say I dont want to indulge in better iem but I will rather spend that bulk in furnishing my house where Inspend most of my time.

Music enjoyment is good fornthe soul and for those who can afford to spend that kind of money on high end ...I can only look and said well done .

Got to admit ..I love this thread where it allow me to get a piece of the action at prices I can afford ..budget wise .
post #458 of 8208

dont get me wrong i like to try some underdog iems but; wouldnt it just be better to get a flagship iem?

post #459 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


About 40+ modtly under USD10 and about a third of those from USD 20 to 50.

Got to share this with me watch collection ...spending above that for me imho doesnt justify the joy that i will gain from it.
That is not to say I dont want to indulge in better iem but I will rather spend that bulk in furnishing my house where Inspend most of my time.

Music enjoyment is good fornthe soul and for those who can afford to spend that kind of money on high end ...I can only look and said well done .

Got to admit ..I love this thread where it allow me to get a piece of the action at prices I can afford ..budget wise .


Watch collector?  Me too!  At least when I had a real job . . . lol.  What's in our watch collection?

post #460 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

dont get me wrong i like to try some underdog iems but; wouldnt it just be better to get a flagship iem?

Priorities have a large part in this. Sure, most audiophiles want the best of the best, but some people just want to test a wide variety of different sounds. No two headphones--unless OEM rebranded--sound the same. Why would I want to limit myself to only high-end phones. Though, as my signature mentions, I am a technophile before I am an audiophile. So even if I owned HD800's and Noble K10's I'd still buy headphones just to play with them.

Bh gave you his reasoning as well. He feels that the price-to-performance ratio significantly drops above $200. cool.gif
post #461 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by huja View Post


Watch collector?  Me too!  At least when I had a real job . . . lol.  What's in our watch collection?

Yup ...collect them and you can see some of my watches under my signature. There is also a thread here that u might b interested and post yr collection there for other viewing pleasure.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/70190/watches-another-passion-of-ours-it-seems-post-your-pics/7470#post_10082229

Also just like u ..with no real job ...self employed. Some days are okay and some days quite hard to get by ..such is life.

Cheers.
post #462 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

Also just like u ..with no real job ...self employed. Some days are okay and some days quite hard to get by ..such is life.

Cheers.

Have you tried diversifying? I am self-employed and I do everything from graphic design to computer repairs. I also take that money and invest in items for resell. And then there is my two secret projects that I hope will pay off. wink.gif

My grandfather collected pocket watches. It was quite the thing to see. He had a whole room dedicated to it and organized them by the materials used.
post #463 of 8208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Have you tried diversifying? I am self-employed and I do everything from graphic design to computer repairs. I also take that money and invest in items for resell. And then there is my two secret projects that I hope will pay off. wink.gif

My grandfather collected pocket watches. It was quite the thing to see. He had a whole room dedicated to it and organized them by the materials used.

Self employed as a English Tutor...I also part time as a tour guide mainly to Thailand cuz I speak Thai.
But with the economy as such ...the number of jobs are not really as it used to be.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

beerchug.gif
post #464 of 8208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post
 

dont get me wrong i like to try some underdog iems but; wouldnt it just be better to get a flagship iem?

 

I could, but even then, there is no guarantee I'll be satisfied. I've heard the Sennheiser HD-800, which is the creme of the crop of headphones, and it isn't perfect either, so it would be a $1,000+ waste to me.

 

My Hifiman HE-500 ($699) gets beaten by some of my under $100 headphones depending on the genre.

 

I think its a limitation of headphones in general, but none can really suck you in like a room treated, properly configured speaker setup. Yes, my speaker and Trinnov setup costs over $3,500+ with mostly DIY costs (Probably close to $10,000 retail), but that's beside the point :)

 

The search continues though. Its fun. When it is no longer fun, or my wallet explodes, I'll move on.


Edited by bhazard - 12/21/13 at 11:40am
post #465 of 8208
Thread Starter 

Syllable G04 (Wired 40mm, Active noise cancelling over ear) and G02 (iem with controls).

 

Syllable has actually been one of the better chinese audio companies in getting their products available outside of China. Aside from places like Taobao, Aliexpress, Everbuying.com, and many more, they can be purchased from Amazon quite easily.

 

G04 ($40)

 

One of the first things that needs to be mentioned... the entire Syllable line is basically geared to mimic Beats. Everything from the look and the sound signature is modeled after that, so that needs to be kept in mind at all times. If you hate Beats, you will probably hate these too.

 

The biggest draw on these for me, is the Active Noise Cancelling for the price. I paid $32 for these, and the noise cancelling is excellent. It uses 2 AAA batteries, and the ANC is much better than what is on the MeElectronics NS63 (Retail $99). The MeE had a very noticeable buzz and altered the sound. The G04 has no buzz. You cannot use the G04 without batteries however.

 

Based on the Active Noise Cancelling alone, these would become my first choice while mowing the lawn. ANC to me, is a feature that isn't as much about good sound, as it is about inflating price points. At $32 however, I can easily justify owning these just for lawn purposes if needed.

 

The sound is a complete V signature, and a mixture between Beats Studio gen 1 and gen 2. If you like the Beats sound, you'll like these. The big bass and the boosted treble will satisfy most people. They would be hard pressed to blindly pick between these and the Beats in an A/B test.

 

Most audiophiles would not be too pleased however, because recessed midrange is recessed. A basshead wouldn't truly mind, as the boosted bass is there in spades. EDM, Pop, and Hip Hop have the ability to sound great on these.

 

Accurate reference sound quality? Nope. Fun and useful noise cancelling for cheap? Yep.

 

G02

 

Basically the same as listed above, instead of having noise cancelling, you have smartphone controls. They are basically UrBeats for $20. Great bass, V sig.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)