Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 267

post #3991 of 5471
@cel4145

LOL! I'll see what I can do.
post #3992 of 5471
Listening to Peter Malick Group feat. Norah Jones and getting shivers down my spine got to be a good sign wink.gif
post #3993 of 5471
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Listening to Peter Malick Group feat. Norah Jones and getting shivers down my spine got to be a good sign wink.gif
Do you think they can give your b3 pro I a run for their money based on your initial impression?
post #3994 of 5471
@Hisoundfi
I'm not sure but initial impression is very good and they're definitely more to my liking than the KC06 and also the Tenore's. Or at least they make a more impressive first impression, should be careful with conclusion so early though.
post #3995 of 5471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


Do you think they can give your b3 pro I a run for their money based on your initial impression?



Half of me wants Peter to say yes so I have an excuse to buy it from LMUE when the next wave of stocks come in.

The other half of me wants Peter to say 'close, but no cigar', ...because I'M BROKE ):

post #3996 of 5471
If they can keep up with my dn2000, I'll be impressed 😎
post #3997 of 5471
I know vsonic never disappoints😃
post #3998 of 5471


Teaser wink.gif

Damn, I always manage to get the pictures the wrong way frown.gif
Edited by peter123 - 6/23/14 at 9:45am
post #3999 of 5471
Looks sexy😉
post #4000 of 5471
Yep, I thought I'd better keep the bed sheets out of the picture or it might be too much for some wink.gif
Edited by peter123 - 6/23/14 at 9:59am
post #4001 of 5471
Very nice...X3 & VSD3S...I have the X3 with me...only the VSD3S missing from my setup. I should be getting mine soon though biggrin.gif
post #4002 of 5471
It is beyond vsd1le indeed........except for bass.
post #4003 of 5471
OK guys, please remember that these are initial impressions after using them for about five hours, keeping them in my ears for most of the time wink.gif

I've not made any direct comparison to other IEM's so far so all is from memory and I've only used them with my X3 so far.

The package is smaller than usual V-sonic packages and accessories are less than usual. There's three pairs of angle flange silicon tips, one foam pair and one double flange pair. The double flange suit me like a glove so that's what I've been using so far.

Build quality is very nice. I really like the way they look and although they're light to wear the still feel sturdy. The cable is also nice and doesn't seem to tangle a lot. Of course removable cables are a nice feature as well. I find the fit to be absolutely perfect for me and I don't miss the swiveling nozzle from the vds1 one single bit. They also fairly easy to drive, I'd say about average among the IEM's that I own.

The sound has great clarity and they offer a full sound without being dark or overly bassy. In all they seem pretty well balanced. The deepest bass is lacking a bit but they still dig pretty deep and I really don't miss any bass on them, but then again I'm no bass head. I don't detect any sibilance whatsoever and still they're not overly smooth like the Tenores either. I must say that these really hit the sweet spot for me and they sound equally great with every genre I've tested them with so far.

Still there's something strange about them and I really don't know how to explain this but in a way they sound a bit artificial. I don't know if you guys are familiar with class t-amps based on tripath chips? Anyway their sound reminds me a bit of the sound those anmpsm put out on speakers: a bit warm, very nice details and very (but not overly) smoth but to some people a bit artificial. Since I run all speakers in my house on tripath based amps this suits me just perfect but others might not like it as much as I do. I don't know if the last part made any sense but that's the best way I'm able to describe them.

OK guys GO GET'EM wink.gif
post #4004 of 5471

Awesome impressions peter, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

OK guys, please remember that these are initial impressions after using them for about five hours, keeping them in my ears for most of the time wink.gif

I've not made any direct comparison to other IEM's so far so all is from memory and I've only used them with my X3 so far.

The package is smaller than usual V-sonic packages and accessories are less than usual. There's three pairs of angle flange silicon tips, one foam pair and one double flange pair. The double flange suit me like a glove so that's what I've been using so far.

Build quality is very nice. I really like the way they look and although they're light to wear the still feel sturdy. The cable is also nice and doesn't seem to tangle a lot. Of course removable cables are a nice feature as well. I find the fit to be absolutely perfect for me and I don't miss the swiveling nozzle from the vds1 one single bit. They also fairly easy to drive, I'd say about average among the IEM's that I own.

The sound has great clarity and they offer a full sound without being dark or overly bassy. In all they seem pretty well balanced. The deepest bass is lacking a bit but they still dig pretty deep and I really don't miss any bass on them, but then again I'm no bass head. I don't detect any sibilance whatsoever and still they're not overly smooth like the Tenores either. I must say that these really hit the sweet spot for me and they sound equally great with every genre I've tested them with so far.

Still there's something strange about them and I really don't know how to explain this but in a way they sound a bit artificial. I don't know if you guys are familiar with class t-amps based on tripath chips? Anyway their sound reminds me a bit of the sound those anmpsm put out on speakers: a bit warm, very nice details and very (but not overly) smoth but to some people a bit artificial. Since I run all speakers in my house on tripath based amps this suits me just perfect but others might not like it as much as I do. I don't know if the last part made any sense but that's the best way I'm able to describe them.

OK guys GO GET'EM wink.gif
post #4005 of 5471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

Awesome impressions peter, thanks!

:beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)