Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 263

post #3931 of 6528

@robakri Duuuude, 3 cables? I got one! :D Are all the cables the same lenght or is there a difference? Looking forward to your impressions!

post #3932 of 6528
@robakri

That sound great!

My son has his birthday tomorrow so I've decided to give my pair to him and also ordered a v-moda boompro mic today since he wishes for a gaming headset. The v-moda cable was more than the cans including the shipping, LOL!

This way I'll have unlimited access to them and the Mrs can't complain;)

If they're really that good I might order another pair though smily_headphones1.gif
post #3933 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

@robakri

That sound great!

My son has his birthday tomorrow so I've decided to give my pair to him and also ordered a v-moda boompro mic today since he wishes for a gaming headset. The v-moda cable was more than the cans including the shipping, LOL!

This way I'll have unlimited access to them and the Mrs can't complain;)

If they're really that good I might order another pair though smily_headphones1.gif

 

I hope they will be - like I said, those were really early impressions, but one of the most positive first listens I have ever had - but that really doesn't mean all too much, but they are at least a very capable headphone, it's more a question if they fit the collection or not :D

post #3934 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by robakri View Post

I hope they will be - like I said, those were really early impressions, but one of the most positive first listens I have ever had - but that really doesn't mean all too much, but they are at least a very capable headphone, it's more a question if they fit the collection or not biggrin.gif

You're not the first one saying that they equal or better than the Pro80's which is a damn niche headhone in my book. They we're my best sounding closed cans for a a long time so if something can rival them I'm interested wink.gif
post #3935 of 6528

I absolutely love my qpad qh-90 (pro80 copy with mic) which I have with HM5 pads and some angular stuffing going on. They are my gaming headphone due to the great mic, that will not change so I better like them cause I'm stuck with them when gaming :D Saying that they equal them (which I will decide whether or not I will stick to later) is therefore a big statement as I use the pro80s on a daily basis.

post #3936 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by robakri View Post

I absolutely love my qpad qh-90 (pro80 copy with mic) which I have with HM5 pads and some angular stuffing going on. They are my gaming headphone due to the great mic, that will not change so I better like them cause I'm stuck with them when gaming biggrin.gif Saying that they equal them (which I will decide whether or not I will stick to later) is therefore a big statement as I use the pro80s on a daily basis.

So it seems as we share the love for the Pro80 sound, let's hope for the same on the KZ LP's wink.gif
post #3937 of 6528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by i20bot View Post
 

I kinda wanna pick up your G989-HD BHazard.  Saw it on ebay.  How does the E-95 compare to it? 

G989 blows it away. True 7.1 speakers. (10 drivers inside). Also comes in a cool suitcase.

post #3938 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
 

Well basically the whole thing :D There are bits about them being OEM seller to western brands but I guess it only applies to the body of these headphones, surely they don't have the same drivers as VModas, right? 

Also, there's something under the 6th photo which translates to english rughly as "these are not hifi headphones" and I'm not sure what I should make of that.

 

If you would be so kind and translate it just so I know what I actually bought, that would be peachy :) (link to product page http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39260593836)

will try to translate after work, but be warned, it contains some boasting, trash talking and bull schiiting =)

post #3939 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by robakri View Post
 

I absolutely love my qpad qh-90 (pro80 copy with mic) which I have with HM5 pads and some angular stuffing going on. They are my gaming headphone due to the great mic, that will not change so I better like them cause I'm stuck with them when gaming :D Saying that they equal them (which I will decide whether or not I will stick to later) is therefore a big statement as I use the pro80s on a daily basis.

Pro 80 has a few terrible peaks that requires EQ

post #3940 of 6528
I think the Pro80 is a fantastic all round product for it's price. Granted, I haven't heard too many full size headphones, but I've owned at least briefly the HE-400, Q701 and Dolphins, and the Pro80s probably have the best bang for buck out of the lot. I'm referring mainly to SQ, comfort and build quality.

I had a monstrous decision to sell either the Dolphins or the Pro80s. I eventually let go of the Dolphins, and miss it very much, but I do still believe I made a good choice picking the Pro80s over them. not so much for SQ (they are each good for different genres), but when I consider the whole package, I do believe the Pro80s get the edge there
post #3941 of 6528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


So it seems as we share the love for the Pro80 sound, let's hope for the same on the KZ LP's wink.gif

They are similar. I think you'll like them.

post #3942 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post

I think the Pro80 is a fantastic all round product for it's price. Granted, I haven't heard too many full size headphones, but I've owned at least briefly the HE-400, Q701 and Dolphins, and the Pro80s probably have the best bang for buck out of the lot. I'm referring mainly to SQ, comfort and build quality.

I had a monstrous decision to sell either the Dolphins or the Pro80s. I eventually let go of the Dolphins, and miss it very much, but I do still believe I made a good choice picking the Pro80s over them. not so much for SQ (they are each good for different genres), but when I consider the whole package, I do believe the Pro80s get the edge there

I believe i've not heard of other headphones with such good performance to price ratio.

post #3943 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple07 View Post
 

Pro 80 has a few terrible peaks that requires EQ

I agree to a point - I tried the EQ settings from the forum and I wasn't all too happy with it, I found that eq-ing it always removed something pleasant along with the unpleasantness, however after switching to the HM5 pads, they don't need the EQ - but the pro80 highs are their greatest downfall IMO - they sound metallic and just not on the level of the rest of the FR on the pro80s.

post #3944 of 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Last weekend I picked up a pair of Sennheiser hd558 on impulse since I stumbled across them in a physical store 50% off regular price. They're great headphones and I remembered why I prefer open cans to all other options. Got inspired and crazy so I also ordered the Q701's (which are really great BTW, picked them up yesterday). So now I'm wondering if any of you have seen or heard of some hidden gems open headphones from lesser known Chinese producers that might be worth checking out. I'm not looking for the regulars (Takstar, Somic etc) but something higher up the ladder with sq competing with the likes of hd600, q701, sr325is etc.

Any inputs?

I haven't heard them, but the Soundmagic HP200s seem worth considering. Then of course there are the HE-400s, which Razordog has b-stock on sale for a really good price. These are probably obvious choices, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

My son has his birthday tomorrow so I've decided to give my pair to him and also ordered a v-moda boompro mic today since he wishes for a gaming headset.

Be careful, though. My teenage son is now starting to get picky about headphones and electronics. My fault smily_headphones1.gif Now I have to support his habit and mine! LOL
post #3945 of 6528
+1 on the HM5 pads.

I usually don't eq, not with the Pro80's either. I love them anyway wink.gif

@bhazard
I'm glad to here that they sound similar since my son keeps stealing the Pro80's all the time. Sounds as both he and I will enjoy them smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)