Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 197

post #2941 of 5403

What are we talking about here, sounds interesting.

Thanks

post #2942 of 5403
@twister6
Have you heard the Havi B3 original, if so how do they compare to the DM2?
post #2943 of 5403
Sidy hk1 from penonaudio.com awesome sexy and compact 😎
post #2944 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemotta View Post
 

What are we talking about here, sounds interesting.

Thanks

Sidy DM2.  Check Twister6's posts.

post #2945 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I pulled back on the Sidy DM2. I found a really detailed review from someone in China that compared the VSD1 and the DUNU 1k to it, and the VSD1 and DUNU were both overall better. At $60, I feel it is too expensive if the VSD1 already sounds better in some areas.

Interesting. I wonder if the DM2 also went through an unannounced upgrade.

post #2946 of 5403
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Interesting. I wonder if the DM2 also went through an unannounced upgrade.

Twister got me into checking out the Don Scorpios, and the HK1 is very good for the price, so I might check out the DM2. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the Sidy MR1 with red nozzle, but I might burn it in more and try it on the GO 1000.

 

Sidy and KZ both seem to be the best DIY vendors from China that I've come across.

post #2947 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

How do they sound straight out of cell phone or laptop?

 

Based on your descriptions, they blow away Pistons, AX35, E10, ATH-CKX9iS and 7is, and RE400?

 

Driven by Note 2 (Neutron MP), they sound a little warmer and darker in comparison to X5, but still very detailed and wide.  I don't consider myself a true audiophile, but rather a consumer audiophile, or something like that :)  Since I listen to a lot of commercial hard hitting EDM, my ultimate test is usually stepping down to Avicii "True" album to explore details of softer sounds and vocals, and with a lot of other headphones vocal test fails in there.  Here vocals sound very lush, natural, and perfectly balanced (in my opinion, even so there is emphasis on low end, these are not v-shaped).

 

Again, just my opinion because of my personal preference of warm balanced detailed sound signature, DM2 is better than Pistons, AX35, E10, CKX9 and 7, and DX160ie.  I don't have HAVI B3 to compare.  RE400B is in a different class of warm neutral sound, which I really enjoy.  Plus balanced driver will sound wider.  As a matter of fact because I was getting so frustrated with balanced RE400B version that came with HM700 DAP (even using included adapter doesn't make it sound great with a regular audio source), I'm actually getting a regular RE400 to use with X5 and Note 2.

 

Btw, Penonaudio told me that moving forward SIDY only going to include red and black duct filters because a while/silver one doesn't sound good.  They are right, that duct filter kills the sound, almost like a high pass shelving filter that wipes out all the lows.  So who knows, maybe they are monitoring their sound quality and tweaking driver accordingly?

 

I really can't wait for Mochill to get his so we can hear another impression.  I always worry that I might be getting carried away with a new toy syndrome which clouds my judgement.  But it's a second day of listening to these, and I still enjoy it very much. 


Edited by twister6 - 5/7/14 at 1:53pm
post #2948 of 5403
I know what he'll say: 💕💜👍👍🙌🙌🙌

wink.gif
post #2949 of 5403
Lolzzzzzzz😅😂
post #2950 of 5403

Though I have made a number of posts already with my initial impressions of SIDY MD2, I finally put together my official review which you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2744626

 

I'm not going to copy the whole review, you can check it out above.  Just want to copy my sound overview and also include pictures for your enjoyment!

 

"Black filter duct added substantial amount of sub-bass rumble to satisfy even a basshead demand, but of course you have to pay a price of a little bloated low end and reduction in mids level due to overpowering bass. But once you move to a Red filter duct - you are rewarded with a sound heaven!!! I found the best combination that worked for me was with Audio-Technica largest tips. I didn't even have to do too much of burn-in, 4-5hr of running a pink loop sealed a deal for me! DM2 has a perfectly balanced warm transparent sound I heard in a while! Starting with a low end, even with red duct you get an enhanced bass quantity extended down to sub-bass layer and a fast punchy mid-bass. It's very well controlled, detailed, and separated without spilling or overpowering mids, and actually got a bit tighter even after a short burn-in. Mids are very well detailed and sound natural. I absolutely love the clarity of upper mids and top end which makes vocals sounds very clear, lush, and natural. Not too bright or pushed back, in my opinion these headphones are definitely not v-shaped (despite fun factor of enhanced bass quantity). Treble is very detailed and clear as well, not too bright yet still with a pleasant sparkle, very easy on your ears without fatigue while listening for extended period. Definitely don't have to worry about sibilance, the sound is very smooth. And if that wasn't enough, the soundstage is quite wide with a detailed instrument placement which is surprising for in-ear headphones.  Also, it was equally easy to drive it from a dedicated DAP and my Note 2."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2951 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

Though I have made a number of posts already with my initial impressions of SIDY MD2, I finally put together my official review which you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2744626

 

I'm not going to copy the whole review, you can check it out above.  Just want to copy my sound overview and also include pictures for your enjoyment!

 

"Black filter duct added substantial amount of sub-bass rumble to satisfy even a basshead demand, but of course you have to pay a price of a little bloated low end and reduction in mids level due to overpowering bass. But once you move to a Red filter duct - you are rewarded with a sound heaven!!! I found the best combination that worked for me was with Audio-Technica largest tips. I didn't even have to do too much of burn-in, 4-5hr of running a pink loop sealed a deal for me! DM2 has a perfectly balanced warm transparent sound I heard in a while! Starting with a low end, even with red duct you get an enhanced bass quantity extended down to sub-bass layer and a fast punchy mid-bass. It's very well controlled, detailed, and separated without spilling or overpowering mids, and actually got a bit tighter even after a short burn-in. Mids are very well detailed and sound natural. I absolutely love the clarity of upper mids and top end which makes vocals sounds very clear, lush, and natural. Not too bright or pushed back, in my opinion these headphones are definitely not v-shaped (despite fun factor of enhanced bass quantity). Treble is very detailed and clear as well, not too bright yet still with a pleasant sparkle, very easy on your ears without fatigue while listening for extended period. Definitely don't have to worry about sibilance, the sound is very smooth. And if that wasn't enough, the soundstage is quite wide with a detailed instrument placement which is surprising for in-ear headphones.  Also, it was equally easy to drive it from a dedicated DAP and my Note 2."

 

Snip! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, nice review and great pictures, too! Those interchangeable filters look mighty unseful, I have to say. Makes you feel like you own three different pairs, maybe. 

 

However, I do find their packaging really...crappy, but you get what you pay for, I guess (but what about the Pistons?). Also, the strain reliefs on the IEMs don't seem to be very long. That might be a durability issue IMO. How do they do in the durability department? Are they okay for workout use? Also, how do they pair up against the Ostry KC06 and the Havi B3? Seeing as they're in the same price range, it would be fair to have them go head-to-head.

post #2952 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Sidy hk1 from penonaudio.com awesome sexy and compact 😎

Let me add a little bit to this. These have an awesome build. They seem very solid and the whole thing seems high quality. The cable is very much similar to the soundmagic reference series. It's constructed much better than the $20 price tag would indicate. Strain reliefs are well designed. They can be worn normally or over the ear (which I prefer). Just holding them in your hand, the quality cable, the solid materials, and the weight to them, you would feel that you have something higher end in your hands. There's not too much for accessories. Just a velvet like material bag, and some tips. Mine came from penaudio in a hand serial numbered brown box.

Finding a good fit was tough, but WELL worth it. At first listen they were a little bright and tinny sounding. I have a good number of hours into these, and that has gone away, leaving me with an awesome sounding set of iems. A v-shaped, rich and detailed sound that is on par or better than the Pistons IMHO. Excellent clarity (although slightly recessed) mids and really nice treble that isn't lacking in any way, and doesn't have any annoying spikes. They are incredibly fun to listen to.

Be careful with these, as I do get a little bit of driver flex when pushing them in my ear. However, lifting my ear and inserting them "properly" will prevent this from happening again.

I'm really excited. If the hk1 is this good for a measly 20 bucks, I can't wait to try their higher end stuff!
Edited by Hisoundfi - 5/7/14 at 9:25pm
post #2953 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Wow, nice review and great pictures, too! Those interchangeable filters look mighty unseful, I have to say. Makes you feel like you own three different pairs, maybe. 

 

However, I do find their packaging really...crappy, but you get what you pay for, I guess (but what about the Pistons?). Also, the strain reliefs on the IEMs don't seem to be very long. That might be a durability issue IMO. How do they do in the durability department? Are they okay for workout use? Also, how do they pair up against the Ostry KC06 and the Havi B3? Seeing as they're in the same price range, it would be fair to have them go head-to-head.


I guess we will have to wait for mochill to do comparison with KC06 and Havi B3 Pro, I don't have those, though might get KC06A in a near future.  For workout use you gotta make sure you have eartips that will keep these in your ears sitting tight, or use provided earhooks for over the ear fitment.  Durability is a question of time.  Packaging, a matter of personal taste...  I have seen more expensive ones with minimalistic packaging..

 

For me sound quality has a top priority, and everything else comes second ;)  Some people hate any hint of bass and only want neutral analytical sound, others won't touch anything without pounding bass and don't care about recessed mids.  DM2 has a perfect sound signature for my taste.

post #2954 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


I guess we will have to wait for mochill to do comparison with KC06 and Havi B3 Pro, I don't have those, though might get KC06A in a near future.  For workout use you gotta make sure you have eartips that will keep these in your ears sitting tight, or use provided earhooks for over the ear fitment.  Durability is a question of time.  Packaging, a matter of personal taste...  I have seen more expensive ones with minimalistic packaging..

 

For me sound quality has a top priority, and everything else comes second ;)  Some people hate any hint of bass and only want neutral analytical sound, others won't touch anything without pounding bass and don't care about recessed mids.  DM2 has a perfect sound signature for my taste.

So basically it's almost like owning three pairs of IEMs. I guess I could care less about the packaging, but having seen the Pistons...

It's still a bargain, though, seeing the potential of the three pairs of filters. I'm going to try to talk it over with my dad...

post #2955 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 


I guess we will have to wait for mochill to do comparison with KC06 and Havi B3 Pro, I don't have those, though might get KC06A in a near future.  For workout use you gotta make sure you have eartips that will keep these in your ears sitting tight, or use provided earhooks for over the ear fitment.  Durability is a question of time.  Packaging, a matter of personal taste...  I have seen more expensive ones with minimalistic packaging..

 

For me sound quality has a top priority, and everything else comes second ;)  Some people hate any hint of bass and only want neutral analytical sound, others won't touch anything without pounding bass and don't care about recessed mids.  DM2 has a perfect sound signature for my taste.


How easy are the DM2 to drive ....Could a Iphone drive them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)