or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 18  

post #256 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLazy View Post
 

The Moxpad X3 looks very interesting - where did you buy them from and how long was that shipping delay?

I'm not him but grab them from Aliexpress. I have mine hopefully coming by Friday (customs better not delay it till the weekend...).

 

It's been more than a month for me but there was some unforeseen delays from the beginning due to luck so I'd imagine others wouldn't have it as bad.

post #257 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

I'm not him but grab them from Aliexpress. I have mine hopefully coming by Friday (customs better not delay it till the weekend...).

 

It's been more than a month for me but there was some unforeseen delays from the beginning due to luck so I'd imagine others wouldn't have it as bad.

 

We all mostly bought them at the same time, so they should be arriving soon.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Rockwell View Post
 

 

I've noticed that the Moxpad X3 has swapable cables. Is there a cable without a mic and a remote for cellphones?

 

Just the cable it came with.

 

I got a pair of the new Rosewill $59 premium in ears, and they sound like they need significant burn in, otherwise they don't come close to the Moxpad. They are really quite something for the price.

 

It is tough to get a seal at first with the Moxpad, but once you do, the bass really comes out. They really do sound like "stage monitors"


Edited by bhazard - 12/4/13 at 8:49pm
post #258 of 35472

Good thread! I'm a real fan of Chinese audio equipment, bang for your buck it's pretty amazing if you know where to look. I have HiFiMan HE500s and have just bought a new iBasso DX50 DAP. I haven't seen any mentions of DA&T here though. They're a Taiwanese brand. I stumbled across their stuff in a specialist shop in Shanghai, when I randomly bought the DA&T U2 DAC / Headphone Amp.

 

It was pretty cheap (maybe $280 or thereabouts), has great sound for the price and looks amazing. It has this thick glass front bolted on  which is beautiful and a brushed aluminium casing. Their trademark is the big red volume knob. It's also very solid and heavy. Very well made indeed. I give it a little polish every day with a cloth - which makes me very sad, I know...

 

http://www.da-t.com/index.html

 

 

It actually looks better in real-life. And you see the three trees logo above the volume control? That lights up.. it's blue on standby and red when active. Oh, and the on button is a touch sensitive part of the glass panel. 

 

I will stop gushing now...

post #259 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by warth0g View Post

Good thread! I'm a real fan of Chinese audio equipment, bang for your buck it's pretty amazing if you know where to look. I have HiFiMan HE500s and have just bought a new iBasso DX50 DAP. I haven't seen any mentions of DA&T here though. They're a Taiwanese brand. I stumbled across their stuff in a specialist shop in Shanghai, when I randomly bought the DA&T U2 DAC / Headphone Amp.

It was pretty cheap (maybe $280 or thereabouts), has great sound for the price and looks amazing. It has this thick glass front bolted on  which is beautiful and a brushed aluminium casing. Their trademark is the big red volume knob. It's also very solid and heavy. Very well made indeed. I give it a little polish every day with a cloth - which makes me very sad, I know...

http://www.da-t.com/index.html




It actually looks better in real-life. And you see the three trees logo above the volume control? That lights up.. it's blue on standby and red when active. Oh, and the on button is a touch sensitive part of the glass panel. 

I will stop gushing now...

That's really a great looking DAC/amp!
post #260 of 35472

It is, isn't it? Glad it's not just me that thinks so.. just a great piece of kit. Sounds great too - for the price...

post #261 of 35472

helpful post

post #262 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Keep gushing, that's what we want to hear. I've never seen that before and it looks awesome. The more info, the better for everyone.

I'll add it to the OP when I get some time later.
post #263 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by warth0g View Post
 

Good thread! I'm a real fan of Chinese audio equipment, bang for your buck it's pretty amazing if you know where to look. I have HiFiMan HE500s and have just bought a new iBasso DX50 DAP. I haven't seen any mentions of DA&T here though. They're a Taiwanese brand. I stumbled across their stuff in a specialist shop in Shanghai, when I randomly bought the DA&T U2 DAC / Headphone Amp.

 

It was pretty cheap (maybe $280 or thereabouts), has great sound for the price and looks amazing. It has this thick glass front bolted on  which is beautiful and a brushed aluminium casing. Their trademark is the big red volume knob. It's also very solid and heavy. Very well made indeed. I give it a little polish every day with a cloth - which makes me very sad, I know...

 

http://www.da-t.com/index.html

 

 

It actually looks better in real-life. And you see the three trees logo above the volume control? That lights up.. it's blue on standby and red when active. Oh, and the on button is a touch sensitive part of the glass panel. 

 

I will stop gushing now...

 

I had the U2 a longggggggg time ago --- my very first DAC... there's a new version now, the U-2S, which uses asynchronous USB; the previous version used adaptive isochronous USB.

 

Anyway, it's not bad for full-sized cans, but IEMs are a no-no --- too much basal hiss, too high default gain (the two ports are low damping and high damping factor, not gain factor, though the high-damping factor output has higher gain).

 

I agree though, it's a beautiful unit, and it's one of the reasons why I got it. As a DAC only, it's decent, but not world-class. It's probably better now with asynchronous USB (and supports DSD?).

 

BTW, 6Moons had a review on it (though I think it's just blah as a review, few speaker guys know how to properly review a headamp): http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/trueharmonix3/1.html


Edited by tomscy2000 - 12/5/13 at 7:37am
post #264 of 35472


Phrodi m201....insane iem.
Very very good.
Replace the stock tips with comply or tf10 tips and you will get heavenly sound. Stock tips lacks in high frequency, when you replace with comply it has accurate in most all sectors. You wont believe when it cost usd18. Very very recommended
post #265 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholupat View Post



Phrodi m201....insane iem.
Very very good.
Replace the stock tips with comply or tf10 tips and you will get heavenly sound. Stock tips lacks in high frequency, when you replace with comply it has accurate in most all sectors. You wont believe when it cost usd18. Very very recommended

I can do $18.

 

Unless something really catches my eye, I'll be concentrating on testing (and trying to sell), what I've gotten so far instead of ordering more. I still probably have enough orders placed that I'll have a new IEM every day for the next month. lol

post #266 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

I can do $18.

Unless something really catches my eye, I'll be concentrating on testing (and trying to sell), what I've gotten so far instead of ordering more. I still probably have enough orders placed that I'll have a new IEM every day for the next month. lol
Lol
You may try sidy....it looks great. My awei has came will share soon.
post #267 of 35472

Thinking about buying the Tiinlab t114, Moxpad X3, and Havi B3 (was looking at the reg. knockoff IE80 anyway) this week. 

 

Couple questions though: 1. Bhazard (orTwinQY), have you listened to the X3 more since you gave your impression in the discovery thread? 2. Am I correct in assuming that the t114 has good sub-bass? It seems to be what's somewhat missing from the VSD1S; though, I'm not too sure how much of it I should be expecting out of an IEM anyway. . 

post #268 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FajroMangxanto View Post
 

Thinking about buying the Tiinlab t114, Moxpad X3, and Havi B3 (was looking at the reg. knockoff IE80 anyway) this week. 

 

Couple questions though: 1. Bhazard (orTwinQY), have you listened to the X3 more since you gave your impression in the discovery thread? 2. Am I correct in assuming that the t114 has good sub-bass? It seems to be what's somewhat missing from the VSD1S; though, I'm not too sure how much of it I should be expecting out of an IEM anyway. . 

I need to give the X3 some burn to see if it changes, as I've only had an hour with them. I was extremely impressed out of the box. Comes stock with triple flanges. Once you push it in and get the seal, the overall sound is crazy good, and not just for the price. The fact I had to A/B them with my KEF says a lot.

 

The tiinlab has the biggest bass for sure. Great for those who lean towards the beats signature, but clearer.

 

The Havi is on its way. Interested, because if it is that good, the current price of $40 would be a steal for a good dual driver.

post #269 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I can do $18.

 

Me to:tongue_smile: 

 

Placed order for these and the KZ a1 today. Now if only those Moxpad would arrive......

post #270 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I need to give the X3 some burn to see if it changes, as I've only had an hour with them. I was extremely impressed out of the box. Comes stock with triple flanges. Once you push it in and get the seal, the overall sound is crazy good, and not just for the price. The fact I had to A/B them with my KEF says a lot.

 

The tiinlab has the biggest bass for sure. Great for those who lean towards the beats signature, but clearer.

 

The Havi is on its way. Interested, because if it is that good, the current price of $40 would be a steal for a good dual driver.

 

Yeah, I'm trying to get everything in the next couple of days before the sales end. 

 

Anyway, I'm pretty much sold on the tiinlab, so it's definitely going in the shopping cart. And, the modifications for the Havi sound too cool to pass up the deal. So, hopefully, they're worth it.  

 

As far as the x3 goes, I'm putting it in the cart, but will wait for your follow up before I checkout. Who did you buy from? The only $23 ones I see are from a seller with pretty much no ratings. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)