or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 165

post #2461 of 26787

I know this is a relative oldie, but can anyone briefly fit the Brainwavz R3's into the range of current IEMs being discussed? I mean in terms of sound quality and signature, and not build, durability, ease of use, etc. I'm listening to them now, and I like their sound, though the design leaves a lot to be desired.

post #2462 of 26787

Any more impressions to add? Like neutrality, fatigue, comfort durability, cable and the like? The changeable ducts remind me of another IEM but can not think of it. It would have a black and sliver, been trying to think of it's name. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I got the MR1 yesterday. Still playing around with it.

 

Out of the box, both nozzles sound good with a nice deep bass. Letting it burn in some more. Sounds worth the price so far.

post #2463 of 26787

The Earmax IE80 fakes are 28 bucks on aliexpress. Can those compete the Pistons?

post #2464 of 26787
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinksome View Post
 

The Earmax IE80 fakes are 28 bucks on aliexpress. Can those compete the Pistons?

Earmax IE80 fakes? I don't really get what you mean, I thought the Earmax IE80s were DIY components made to fit in a fake IE80 housing. Then again, I don't really remember much about it.

post #2465 of 26787
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post

Anyway regarding the Don Scorpio Dolphins, I think the $99 discount price is no longer available at penonaudio so you might wanna wait till it comes down again, although I don't see it being sold anywhere else

Strange. I just had a problem with the discount price. I went to Penonaudio to order another pair of Bass Colours. The price is listed as $49 reduced to $35. I logged in with my account, and then the price jumped in my cart to $49, and the discount was gone from the product page. Strange?

I used another web browser, didn't login, used another email address for billing, with the guest checkout, and was able to get the $35 price.
post #2466 of 26787

That sounds odd and probably a glitch on the site. Could try sending them an email telling them that happens.

 

e. Hmm, when I add some gold ostry kc06 even though penon says it is in stock it looks like in the cart it might not be in stock. Confusing


Edited by Netforce - 4/13/14 at 8:07pm
post #2467 of 26787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post

That sounds odd and probably a glitch on the site. Could try sending them an email telling them that happens

I did send them an email. Then I decided I'd just go ahead and order as a guest with my other email account.
post #2468 of 26787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


Strange. I just had a problem with the discount price. I went to Penonaudio to order another pair of Bass Colours. The price is listed as $49 reduced to $35. I logged in with my account, and then the price jumped in my cart to $49, and the discount was gone from the product page. Strange?

I used another web browser, didn't login, used another email address for billing, with the guest checkout, and was able to get the $35 price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

That sounds odd and probably a glitch on the site. Could try sending them an email telling them that happens.

 

e. Hmm, when I add some gold ostry kc06 even though penon says it is in stock it looks like in the cart it might not be in stock. Confusing


I experienced the same problem last week when attempting to order the gold KC06A. I believe that the main page is different when logged in and when not logged in. Even now on my iPhone, the discounts from months ago are still the same a.k.a not updated.

In short, the main page you see when logged in is the accurate reflection of all the latest stocks and prices available.

post #2469 of 26787

Damn, how did y'all get the KC06A? A lot of the TB sellers say they haven't released yet. Even the Ostry website says it hasn't released yet.

WTF is going on here?

post #2470 of 26787
There is no gold KC06A so I think he meant KC06.
post #2471 of 26787

No one's got the KC06A yet.

So far everyone has only the KC06, and/or the KC06 gold edition, which is exactly the same as KC06 but in a special edition gold color.

The KC06A is slated for a 30th April release, although pre-orders on TB have already begun.

post #2472 of 26787
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post
 

No one's got the KC06A yet.

So far everyone has only the KC06, and/or the KC06 gold edition, which is exactly the same as KC06 but in a special edition gold color.

The KC06A is slated for a 30th April release, although pre-orders on TB have already begun.

Ohhh...no wonder.

Damn, a gold KC06? That'd be a perfect match to the Pistons since they're gold too.

 

Add a Philips Fidelio S2 into the mix and you have a golden collection.

 

Also, use an iPhone 5 as the DAP. That'd be awesome.

post #2473 of 26787

Hi guys, thinking about the don scorpio dolphins. Is http://donscorpio.taobao.com/ a legit seller and how long do they take to process orders, is going penonaudio worth it if it is 20 bucks more expensive for legitimacy. It will come to about 25$ extra actually with custom fees

 

EDIT: we are talking about 40$ extra in fees, I pay about the headphones worth in fees to get it in here.


Edited by robakri - 4/14/14 at 6:32am
post #2474 of 26787
LOL
beat audio
post #2475 of 26787
Thread Starter 

Sidy MR1:

 

Good but not great. Warm, but missing some detail in the mid/high region. Nice bass slam, good soundstage, 2 nozzle tunings. Clear but not as clear as some other options.

 

Worth the $30, but doesn't shoot too much higher in value.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)