Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 158

post #2356 of 5041
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

Don't we just love the Chinese :D

 

Won a fiio x5 at the La head fi meet and it just shipped two days ago so looking forward to it.

Well that's awesome. Let us know how it is.

post #2357 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post

For sports your priority should be secure fit and microphonics. Also think about the wind noise. Some of the iems enhance the wind sound. Some are better for this respect. Sound quality comes the second. I have no idea on Pistons suitability for sports. But I have meelectronics ai-m6 for sports and very happy with it while mtbiking. Moxpads form is the same. For the sound it seems that the Pistons are better though...

 

Thanks for input - so the target is the best sounding Sport IEM:

 

Moxpad X3 vs MEElectronics M6 ---- what has better SQ?

 

I guess the other issues won't matter much because I will use helmet so there won't be much wind noise and falling out problems. Somic MH415 suitable too?

post #2358 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananiq View Post
 

 

Thanks for input - so the target is the best sounding Sport IEM:

 

Moxpad X3 vs MEElectronics M6 ---- what has better SQ?

 

I guess the other issues won't matter much because I will use helmet so there won't be much wind noise and falling out problems. Somic MH415 suitable too?

Somic is an awesome sounding iem. Fitment sucks though.

post #2359 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

Don't we just love the Chinese :D

 

Won a fiio x5 at the La head fi meet and it just shipped two days ago so looking forward to it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Well that's awesome. Let us know how it is.

Oh I should have mentioned I got to review it! Check the link to my blog in my Sig it's the last thing I reviewed! 

post #2360 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Well that's awesome. Let us know how it is.

Will do!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

 

Oh I should have mentioned I got to review it! Check the link to my blog in my Sig it's the last thing I reviewed! 

Ahh nice, I'll give it a read.

post #2361 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananiq View Post

Thanks for input - so the target is the best sounding Sport IEM:

Moxpad X3 vs MEElectronics M6 ---- what has better SQ?

I guess the other issues won't matter much because I will use helmet so there won't be much wind noise and falling out problems. Somic MH415 suitable too?

You need to choose low profile iems like aim6 or moxpad x3. Chin slider is a "must". Ai-m6 has it. Don't know moxpads.

I haven't tried somic and moxpad. But from what I read moxpad should be the safest choice. Ai-m6 does sound veiled and high frequencies will not satisfy you. If I were in your position I would choose moxpads. If someone here to compare them to Ai-m6 it would be good though...
post #2362 of 5041

Anyone, using Moxpad X3 or Somic MH415 on an android phone ?

 

Does the button work with Android Players, to get NEXT TRACK ???

post #2363 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

... It's funny but all of my Current DAPS and Amps are Chinnese :D

 

iBasso, Hifiman and Audio GD ^^

 

speaking of which, Hifiman makes a lovely DAP

 

iBassos makes a nice balanced portable amp

 

and Audio GD makes a killer Dac/Amp desktop combo! 

 

Don't forget HiFiMAN also has HM-700 DAP with balanced output (and RE-400B included for $249).  Just got my review unit from HiFiMAN, will be posting my impressions over the weekend.  Never experienced soundstage like that before.

post #2364 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post
 

the Hisound BA-100 are now 99 yuan(16 USD)  in taobao http://s.taobao.com/search?initiative_id=staobaoz_20140312&js=1&q=ba100&stats_click=search_radio_all%3A1

So I just got my ba-100s, took a little over a month and cost around ~$30 with also throwing in a few foam tips I was meaning to order from taobao. Came with full packaging and some extra black tips that I hadn't seen others come with.

 

Some brief impressions, first listen I plugged into my phone with the stock tips and wasn't too big fan of the sound. Did some tip rolling and ended liking the double flange sennheiser tips I went and got for the havi b3s. Got a straight angle plug so I could have gotten an old version as others I've seen have an angled plug. Some grips is that clarity could be improved and treble sounds pretty recessed. Read that people could call them bright but I would call them dark.

 

Idk maybe I got bad pair or an old version or somthing but they don't sound very good.

post #2365 of 5041
I read the last few months of this thread over the last few days. Good read. Glad I found it smily_headphones1.gif I ordered the Donscorpio Bass Colours from Penonaudio last week and they are already shipped and on their way!

And now I'm getting tempted by the Dolphins (I hate you guys--lol). Does anyone know the interior cup size on those? Big head, big ears. I need something the ATH-M50 size (or bigger). Also, any comparisons to the M50 and the Dolphins? The M50s are my current portable headphones.

BTW: anyone try Teflon spray or lubricant on the squeaky hinge with the Dolphins? That might fix it right up smily_headphones1.gif
post #2366 of 5041

I took some measurements with my pair of dolphins.

 

At its widest points it is 6cm and 4.5cm

On the inside of the cup it is a bit tricky I would say between 1cm-1.5cm~

 

Haven't tried the m50 in a long while but for my ears it touched the inside and with the dolphins my ears just barely touch the inside. Kind of reminds me of the over ear momentum just a less clamping force. The momentums used to make my ears bit sore after having them on for a few hours and the same could kinda be said with the dolphins but the dolphins don't make my ears as sore as the momentums.

post #2367 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post

I took some measurements with my pair of dolphins.

At its widest points it is 6cm and 4.5cm
On the inside of the cup it is a bit tricky I would say between 1cm-1.5cm~

Haven't tried the m50 in a long while but for my ears it touched the inside and with the dolphins my ears just barely touch the inside. Kind of reminds me of the over ear momentum just a less clamping force. The momentums used to make my ears bit sore after having them on for a few hours and the same could kinda be said with the dolphins but the dolphins don't make my ears as sore as the momentums.

Thanks. If it's no smaller than the M50s, that would work for me. My ears touch the M50s on the inside. I don't wear portables that often, so I'm good with that as long as they actually fit inside. smily_headphones1.gif

Now just to wait for the Bass Colours. If I'm impressed with the SQ/price quality of those, I'll go for the Dolphins.
post #2368 of 5041

hi are there, any noise isolating iems around the $30 mark on ebay? There's so many and I dont know where to start lol.

post #2369 of 5041
Xiaomi pistons , Philips she3580, monoprice 8320 😊
post #2370 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Xiaomi pistons , Philips she3580, monoprice 8320 😊

how do these compare to soundmagic e30/e10? Wasnt sure if you're responding to me because you didn't quote my message

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)