or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 16  

post #226 of 35472
Thread Starter 

No need for the Gediao if you already bought the VSD1. The VSD1 is the better IEM.

post #227 of 35472

I definitely got a bit ahead of myself and totally disregarded the first post of this thread. I looked over the mh463 thread and am definitely interested in it. However, after skimming through the read, I'm wondering if I'm better off just spending $25 more and getting the JVC s680. The only problem is that so far not many people have left impressions. IDK. I'm really leaning towards the s680 now. :sigh: So many options

 

Anyway, thanks for the help so far.

post #228 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

Today's arrivals:

Somic MH438: 40mm Supra aural open back $26

Somic MH539: 40mm Supra aural closed back ~$26

Both awesome. Both give my Vmoda M-80 a run for in SQ. Both have more bass.

The 438 has the better soundstage, imaging, and overall feel from being open back, while the 539 has nice, strong dynamic bass, albeit slightly congested sounding after listen to the 438 before it. $25 is an awesome price for either one. Somic never disappoints me. I heart them.

I really want to know what the bigger Somic MH463 open back sounds like now, but mine was lost in the mail frown.gif  I'm not the biggest fan of Supra aurals.
How is the comfort on the 539?
Does it fold up? How would you compare the sound to the JVC S500 or Takstar 5500 (thanks for the info btw). I'm look for a compact over the ear.

Just ordered Awei ES800 and KS-A1. If I like either of them, I might buy bulk. Christmas and stuff. China is getting some love.
post #229 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynormalone View Post


How is the comfort on the 539?
Does it fold up? How would you compare the sound to the JVC S500 or Takstar 5500 (thanks for the info btw). I'm look for a compact over the ear.

Just ordered Awei ES800 and KS-A1. If I like either of them, I might buy bulk. Christmas and stuff. China is getting some love.

The S500 and 5500 are better, but they are also 2-4x the price. You get a lot of sound for ~$25 out of the 539. I actually think the 539 is a little more balanced than both of them. No annoying treble like the S500, but more balanced than the 5500, and does well with a bass boost.

 

Comfort wise, I don't like on ears much as it is, so it is no better or worse than most on ears like the S500.


Edited by bhazard - 11/29/13 at 10:13am
post #230 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

The S500 and 5500 are better, but they are also 2-4x the price. You get a lot of sound for ~$25 out of the 539. I actually think the 539 is a little more balanced than both of them. No annoying treble like the S500, but more balanced than the 5500, and does well with a bass boost.

 

Comfort wise, I don't like on ears much as it is, so it is no better or worse than most on ears like the S500.

Thanks. I didn't realize they were on-ear.

I'm still undecided with with on-ear style.

Comfort takes a hit but there are some decent priced and nice sounding cans out there that are on-ear.

 

You have any recommendations for over-the ear that are considered compact from China?

That are Bass Clarity?

 

I'm enjoying the 5500's but they aren't as compact as I thought they would be.

Might have something to do with the 50 mm drivers.

post #231 of 35472
Thread Starter 

Just got the Ostry KC06 in... very impressed. High quality all around, and they have exceptional clarity, I think even more-so than the Moe SS-01, but with less bass here. Vocals really shine with these. 10mm CCAW. 110db+ sensitivity.

 

It has that titanium sound, so it can be a little "biting" at times. I tend to go for Polyimide in my compression drivers (speakers) and not titanium because of this.

 

More impressions in a day or two. 

 

Some chinese blog impressions: (they basically say these are balanced, with neutral bass, and comparable to the VSD1, like I think)

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6f937cbf0101gldo.html

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2703858383?see_lz=1

 

Found here

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.11.YfHM0c&id=35687621553


Edited by bhazard - 11/30/13 at 7:59pm
post #232 of 35472
Thanks for all the amazing reviewes. Just wonderimg if you had a chance to test the Moxpad X3. It seems few people ordered them, but I have not seen any impressions yet.
post #233 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic2vic View Post

Thanks for all the amazing reviewes. Just wonderimg if you had a chance to test the Moxpad X3. It seems few people ordered them, but I have not seen any impressions yet.

They still haven't arrived yet. USPS says they'll be here sometime next week.


Edited by bhazard - 12/1/13 at 10:04am
post #234 of 35472
If those are anything like the headphones they look like they will be a steal. Moxpads that is.
post #235 of 35472

Nice impressions so far! Look forward to hear how good the Havi B3 is. Anyone order the Somic MH415 yet?

post #236 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

Nice impressions so far! Look forward to hear how good the Havi B3 is. Anyone order the Somic MH415 yet?

I'm looking forward to the Havi and Moxpad myself. Lots of really good $60 and under earphones lately, with dual drivers even.

 

Just got another dual driver in. Dtaitech SMK-01, with MIC. $37 shipped with ePacket. Probably the cheapest dual driver I've seen, Has a 10mm and 6mm driver inside.

 

The sound is not balanced though, as midbass is boosted a little too much, and mids aren't as clear as the other dual drivers I have. Still, if I apply the same EQ cut I usually apply to my Quadbeat 2's, they sound good, but not great.

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dtaitech-Brand-Dual-Speakers-Headphone-for-Top-Line-Headphone/233264_1415457776.html


Edited by bhazard - 12/1/13 at 3:51pm
post #237 of 35472
Thread Starter 

KZ is releasing their first dual driver earbud on Dec. 6th, for $6. Guess who is buying one? 15.4mm driver + 6mm driver.

 

I typically don't like earbuds that sit on the ear canal, but $6 is too nice to not try. ($10 or so after shipping). It even looks nicer than any $6 earbud should (electroplated metal).

 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36347833620

 

I'm also really liking the Tiinlab T114 again. It has some unrivaled bass, yet doesn't drown out mids and highs. It actually might V sig a bit. It complements the Moe and Ostry well. Where the Ostry is the treble booster/vocal monster, the Tiinlab is the bass king.

 

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35014174087&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

 

The Moe, Tiinlab, and Ostry perform well over the $60 they each go for. Once you start seeing more people try these, they may become a lot more popular. As for now, I'm probably one of the only people in the US with these aside from the Moe, which maybe 5 people have.


Edited by bhazard - 12/1/13 at 9:17pm
post #238 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

I'm looking forward to the Havi and Moxpad myself. Lots of really good $60 and under earphones lately, with dual drivers even.

Just got another dual driver in. Dtaitech SMK-01, with MIC. $37 shipped with ePacket. Probably the cheapest dual driver I've seen, Has a 10mm and 6mm driver inside.

The sound is not balanced though, as midbass is boosted a little too much, and mids aren't as clear as the other dual drivers I have. Still, if I apply the same EQ cut I usually apply to my Quadbeat 2's, they sound good, but not great.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dtaitech-Brand-Dual-Speakers-Headphone-for-Top-Line-Headphone/233264_1415457776.html
Do you have havi also ?would youvplease share it the impreasion
post #239 of 35472
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholupat View Post


Do you have havi also ?would youvplease share it the impreasion

Still in transit. I'm very interested in knowing myself. They are currently $40 as a new item promotion, and will go up to $60. Dual driver, gorilla glass, and it looks sexy.

post #240 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

Still in transit. I'm very interested in knowing myself. They are currently $40 as a new item promotion, and will go up to $60. Dual driver, gorilla glass, and it looks sexy.
It really really makes me mad...damn. i hope it has warm soundsig. Btw do you buy it from the manufacturer directly at taobao ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)