Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) - Page 81  

post #1201 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantete View Post

Green, brown, 2x gold stripes in that order, so from what I understand should be around 5,1 ohm (pretty sure it measured 5,5 but I might be remembering it wrong). If you have a soldering iron you might want to get rid of them. I like my B3 better without them. 

It's the same resistors in mine. I'll see if bhazard dare to open up his pro's before I decides to remove them or not.

I've tried a couple of different filters in multiple configurations on both drivers but so far I'm liking them best with no filters at all.

I also changed the tips from the Sony hybrid foam to comply's. They actually sound really good with these tips and no filters, much better than the stock version.
post #1202 of 35472

Haven’t found any filters to use. Instead I tried cotton from a cotton swab with pretty good results actually. I’m going to experiment with thickness and different material.  

 

I’d like to get some filters/dampers with different impedance to try. Mouser sells Knowles dampers, but shipping cost would probably kill me. Have to find a place to buy some in Europe or maybe Asia.

post #1203 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantete View Post

Haven’t found any filters to use. Instead I tried cotton from a cotton swab with pretty good results actually. I’m going to experiment with thickness and different material.  

I’d like to get some filters/dampers with different impedance to try. Mouser sells Knowles dampers, but shipping cost would probably kill me. Have to find a place to buy some in Europe or maybe Asia.

Did you put cotton on both drivers or just one?
post #1204 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


Did you put cotton on both drivers or just one?

Just the one closer to the nozzle, I'm going to try the other one later. You can also just put it in the nozzle, gonna try that too.

post #1205 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantete View Post

Just the one closer to the nozzle, I'm going to try the other one later. You can also just put it in the nozzle, gonna try that too.

Thank you, I'll try some different configurations then.
post #1206 of 35472
Thread Starter 

Found another good Taobao agent. www.engtaobao.com

 

Their commission is only 6% compared to 10% like the others. It is more streamlined, and it may even offer payment via Paypal (but it is down currently).  They use Alipay for credit cards though, which is secure.

 

I bought the Piston directly from Xiaomi to compare against the Ibuygou one.

post #1207 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Found another good Taobao agent. www.engtaobao.com

 

Their commission is only 6% compared to 10% like the others. It is more streamlined, and it may even offer payment via Paypal (but it is down currently).  They use Alipay for credit cards though, which is secure.

 

I bought the Piston directly from Xiaomi to compare against the Ibuygou one.

Interesting. Direct Xiaomi vs Ibuygou should prove to be the same - in theory at least...

 

I only wonder why Ibuygou was a $ or so less than Xiaomi direct ? Still in transit, so keep the fingers crossed !

 

Nice to see good Taobao agent. To me, Taobao still is unknown territory and thanks to your efforts, I might get a toe wet in reasonable future.

post #1208 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

The Somic MH415 is awesome too, and the Moxpad works with its cables :)

 

The Astrotec AX35 is great too. Lots of IEM love from China.

Where would the MH415 and AX35 rank in your sig, or do you need more time with them?

post #1209 of 35472
Bhazard, have the KZ IEMs mentioned quite a few pages ago (Spartacus, etc) arrived yet?
post #1210 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

It's the same resistors in mine. I'll see if bhazard dare to open up his pro's before I decides to remove them or not.

I've tried a couple of different filters in multiple configurations on both drivers but so far I'm liking them best with no filters at all.

I also changed the tips from the Sony hybrid foam to comply's. They actually sound really good with these tips and no filters, much better than the stock version.

This is promising guys. Thank you for taking the risk. If bhazard can confirm that it only needs a filter removal and resistors as well, I will not return my pair. Looking forward to more updates.
post #1211 of 35472

One of the drivers in my Moxpad's just failed :( I suspect it happened when I was burning the headphones with my spare iPod. I've ordered another pair together with Semic MH415.

post #1212 of 35472

The housings of the AX35 look quite big, like a fairly shallow insertion IEM. Is that the case? And is the isolation really so poor?

post #1213 of 35472

Microkingdom (China) & Ruoop (China) are headphone brands made by the same manufacturer hence they both use the same website.

 

Website: http://www.lidiaocn.com/En/main.asp

 

post #1214 of 35472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantete View Post
 

Just the one closer to the nozzle, I'm going to try the other one later. You can also just put it in the nozzle, gonna try that too.

Ok, with removed filters on all drivers, two very very thin pieces of cotton in the nozzle and comply tips I'm really happy with these. They are no WAY better than in the stock configuration, Now just to decide if I should remove/replace the resistants or not. I would really love to know what, if any, resistants are used in the Pro version before starting messing with this.

 

I would absolutley recommend these minor changes to anyone who has purchased the B3c's and are disappointed with them.

post #1215 of 35472
How are they closed? Snaps or glue?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)