I've looked through the basshead lists but I'm not really sure what would suit me the best. I want something that will be comfortable for long periods of wear (2 hours+) and has skull-rattling bass as well as good build quality. I'd prefer if it didn't look ugly or fragile too.
What I have looked at and like:
- Sony extra bass headphones (all of them)
- Pioneer hdj 5000 (Pioneer has some nice subwoofers, so this seems promising)
- V-Moda crossfade lp (I just cannot bring myself to spend the $110 but I will if it's strongly recommended by the more top bassheads here)
- ATH-WS55 (these are sitting beside me, but their build quality is garbage, and I had 3 equalizers as well as 2 bass boosts on my mp3 and it's almost enough bass but not quite)
- Kicker (don't know model number, lowest freq. is 20hz)
- JVC ($80 and $50 versions)
For me it's all about undistorted, powerful, boomy bass that does not sacrifice clarity. A solid build quality is important to me as well, I also prefer 1 sided cables. Thanks in advanced for any help, I really appreciate it. :)
Also I do have a cheap amplifier (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=763221&is=REG&Q=&A=details) although it's in transist and I have no idea what its potential is.